Game Pass for Xbox and PC

spronk

FPS noob
one of the first times i've seen $$ values broken out, $600k for a smaller indie game seems... good? for both the dev studio and microsoft

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FahNiDKWYAIrEAm

... except it's not the Director's Cut. Fucking worthless.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
FahNiDKWYAIrEAm

... except it's not the Director's Cut. Fucking worthless.
Of course it isn't. Gamepass and AAA games are released in vanilla form - always to seed an old game to sell DLC and MTX.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Of course it isn't. Gamepass and AAA games are released in vanilla form - always to seed an old game to sell DLC and MTX.
Yeah, but in this case not only is it the outdated and pointless (savegames transfer but you really should start over when playing DC) vanilla version, there's no DC upgrade available at all. No idea if it will be added eventually, but there's nothing to indicate it's happening anytime soon.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but in this case not only is it the outdated and pointless (savegames transfer but you really should start over when playing DC) vanilla version, there's no DC upgrade available at all. No idea if it will be added eventually, but there's nothing to indicate it's happening anytime soon.

Ok yeah that goes against even their MTX system for GP at that point. How do they not have the director's cut on MS Store? Probably a contract with Sony stops it. :Mystery:

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
i think in Death Strandings case its more a Sony blocking deal, Sony published the PS4/PS5 versions of the game and probably paid extra for the directors cut while the PC version on steam was published by 505 which has its own Microsoft deals.

It is interesting on steam though you can buy the DC and pay $10 extra to upgrade but on the windows store there is only the base with no option at all for the DC. Plus its not on the xbox console at all.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
RDR 1 on a series X is absolutely amazing and a great game, its the only 360 game I played though. microsoft put in higher draw distances, anti aliasing, and a lot more stuff that makes it look and play great. sadly its still capped at 30 fps and it seems unlikely a PC version will ever come out

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
RDR 1 on a series X is absolutely amazing and a great game, its the only 360 game I played though. microsoft put in higher draw distances, anti aliasing, and a lot more stuff that makes it look and play great. sadly its still capped at 30 fps and it seems unlikely a PC version will ever come out

I got a Series X this year and mostly just use it for gamepass. The only game I actually bought for it was Red Dead and dreamcast Virtual On game that was released on 360. Are there any other older games like this that run really well on series x I should be playing?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

immortality and Immortals Fenyx and Commandos 3 are out on gamepass. Immortality is a FMV kinda game made by a studio of just 3 people so I wonder if its too artsy for my tastes, it is 27 gigs so pretty fucking huge. Plus the high scores set off some alarm bells in my head, the usual "game journalists want games to be high art".

Oh well, if i hate it... uninstall, cost me nothing but some time. The guy who did Immortality did Telling Lies and Her Story, never played either game but I know some people love them and some hate them.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got a Series X this year and mostly just use it for gamepass. The only game I actually bought for it was Red Dead and dreamcast Virtual On game that was released on 360. Are there any other older games like this that run really well on series x I should be playing?
Yes I’ve posted many reviews throughout the last 2 years.

MS did two things:

1) Near the end of the Xbox One era they went in and physically revamped a shit load of games. Games like Oblivion, Fallout 3 RDR 1 etc to be “in house” full remasters with the cooperation of the companies. Even then on plain ol OG Xbox one RDR was phenomenal. On the Xbox one X it was absolutely stunning. This was 2018-19.

2) They added FPS boost to only Series X.

FPS Boost works off the original remaster of 360 backwards titles and legitimately makes the games better than even PC. Even on my 3090 with the best nexus resolution mods it still does not look as good as say fallout new Vegas on my series X. (Never mind the clunkiness is gone with the frames)

Here is a list of 360 FPS boost games.

That means they are 60 FPS or 120FPS.(which is fucking great)

This list is a year old. They have added more titles.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users