Game Pass for Xbox and PC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey if you guys are looking for something fun, RPG/JRPG, I would try this sleeper. (Well, it was a sleeper to me)

Battle Chasers Nightwar.

The initial voice acting is laughable but for some reason in game after it moves along. Exploration is top down, battle is JRPG, a decent back story so far - but over all was pretty fun for the brief time I played it before heading back into Subnautica. I didn't check to see if this was on PC Gamepass, but it's on Xbox Gamepass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey if you guys are looking for something fun, RPG/JRPG, I would try this sleeper. (Well, it was a sleeper to me)

Battle Chasers Nightwar.

The initial voice acting is laughable but for some reason in game after it moves along. Exploration is top down, battle is JRPG, a decent back story so far - but over all was pretty fun for the brief time I played it before heading back into Subnautica. I didn't check to see if this was on PC Gamepass, but it's on Xbox Gamepass.

It started off fun but got very grindy and unfun 3/4 of the way through. Never finished it due to that which is a shame, it started off fun. I liked the graphics, abilities, story was decent enough.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Battle Chasers Nightwar.

Not really into jRPGs, but had a lot of fun with that game

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I backed that on Kickstarter mostly because of the Joe Mad art, lol.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you switched to the 5cents/day plan be aware some people are reporting microsoft quietly changed it under them to $15/mo. mine just says nothing now for sub fee, but its also prepaid till 2023 anyways

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend reported they finally fixed the conversion rates. It'd say 5 days Ultimate for 7 days of Gold or whatever, but it'd credit your account with the full 7 days. Not anymore!

Vorph

Another addition yesterday that wasn't on the schedule: Children of Morta (Xbox and PC). After playing it some on the Switch I wouldn't recommend it on console to anyone unless you have an Elite controller to bind several things to the paddles. The normal gamepad controls are awkward as fuck.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
1579191710034.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

A Plague Tale (Xbox/PC), Gris (PC) and Indivisible (Xbox) just got added.

Plague Tale is really annoying to see there. MS has been pushing that game super hard for a couple weeks now. It was on sale and was constantly on the Xbox home screen and featured anytime I went into the store app. Fortunately while it reminded me that I still needed to play the game, I opted to get it from GameFly instead. At least I can just send that copy back now and switch to Game Pass instead of being mad I got tricked into spending money on something that would release on Game Pass the moment the sale ended.

Thought about switching to PC since I'm only a few chapters in, but apparently the game has no support for ultrawide. There's user mods for it of course, but those never work with the insanely draconian Windows DRM.

Edit: Anyone able to tell me what's required to switch from physical to digital on Xbone? On PS4 you have to delete the game and download the whole thing, but I have no idea if MS lets you short cut that process and a quick google search didn't answer the question.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Thought disc was just physical DRM, the game is installed, if you have digital rights to the title I'd expect it to start right up.

My last experience with this was probably a few years ago though.

That sucks re: ultrawide support.

Vorph

Thought disc was just physical DRM, the game is installed, if you have digital rights to the title I'd expect it to start right up.

My last experience with this was probably a few years ago though.
Nice, that did indeed work. I always thought it was dumb that PS4 makes you jump through hoops and waste time and bandwidth to switch when they could just update the licenses.
That sucks re: ultrawide support.
Yes. I don't mind if games show cutscenes pillarboxed, but releasing a game with no UW support at all is just straight up retarded. Even if you're making your own proprietary engine rather than using UE4 or whatever, like Asobo did here.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
A Plague Tale (Xbox/PC), Gris (PC) and Indivisible (Xbox) just got added.

Plague Tale is really annoying to see there. MS has been pushing that game super hard for a couple weeks now. It was on sale and was constantly on the Xbox home screen and featured anytime I went into the store app. Fortunately while it reminded me that I still needed to play the game, I opted to get it from GameFly instead. At least I can just send that copy back now and switch to Game Pass instead of being mad I got tricked into spending money on something that would release on Game Pass the moment the sale ended.

Thought about switching to PC since I'm only a few chapters in, but apparently the game has no support for ultrawide. There's user mods for it of course, but those never work with the insanely draconian Windows DRM.

Edit: Anyone able to tell me what's required to switch from physical to digital on Xbone? On PS4 you have to delete the game and download the whole thing, but I have no idea if MS lets you short cut that process and a quick google search didn't answer the question.

Ha I did the same thing with Plague Tale. Have it on PS4 but have only gone through the 1st chapter. I am going to play it on PS4 though since then I don't have to use the bandwidth to download it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nice, that did indeed work. I always thought it was dumb that PS4 makes you jump through hoops and waste time and bandwidth to switch when they could just update the licenses.

You MIGHT be able to do that. It would be worth testing:

1) Step one install physical game and patch.
2) Play for a sec
3) Buy digital game
4) Go to Account Management > Restore Licenses
5) Try to start without the disc.

Would be interesting to see if that works.

Vorph

I tried that when Bloodborne was on PS+ and it was a no go.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
one of the best things about xbox over PS4 is that you can just install physical, play for a while, switch to digital, and it adds an extra second first time you startup and switches game to digital. No reinstall required, it just seamlessly converts to a digital install.

PS4 sucks donkey dick, you have to uninstall ("disc" version) and reinstall (redownload) since its treated as two different games in the catalog.

also at this point unless its a game you are creaming your pants for, its just not worth paying real money for any game since chances are pretty high it'll come onto gamepass, especially if its indie or has high social cachet. Plagues Tale, Indivisible, etc are all in those vein since they are developed by non traditional teams or feature protags who aren't straight white men.

honestly if you wanna make a ton of money just start new companies, put trannies / women as the "heads" of the company, hire a bunch of eastern european devs to actually do the game, and put one out every month. gamepass WILL get your game no matter how mediocre it is, and soon you'll be rolling in money!

kidding aside i've heard plague tale and indivisible are both pretty good games but i'm not installing anything new until i finish the ones i'm playing

• 1Like

Vorph

That's what's holding me back from buying The Surge 2. Sure as shit the moment I do it will show up on Game Pass or Plus.

And Plague Tale really is a great game. The stealth is a bit basic, but the puzzles with the rats are fun and I'm liking the story. It's native 2160p with nice HDR on X1X too.

I've been wanting to try Gris too. I don't expect it to be a super challenging or deep platformer though, seems like more of an artsy game.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have to kill the cult still in Odyssey (Whats left of them) and play through the DLC and then I should hit Plague Tale. I hear that's only about 8 hours anyway or so of that.

• 1Like

Vorph

I hear that's only about 8 hours anyway or so of that.
Probably. Chapters are taking about an hour each, scouring them for all the collectibles and materials for upgrading. I think there's either 8 or 9 chapters.

Edit: Not so sure about that anymore--while looking for the location of a collectible I missed, I read that there's actually 17 chapters.

Last edited:
  • 1Like