Gamer Retirement Homes

Kaljin

N00b
The messed up thing about all this is that I was thinking of this just the other day! I walk into retirements homes and I see tons of bored old people so it hit me... "Man, I hope when I'm old and have to be in a home I hope I'm enrolled with old gamers"

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
No Teeth on the table Grumpus!

And Kaljin if I see you usin that fancy shmancy mouse again I am gonna report you for cheaten!

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would finally have a place where I can sit around and talk about the "Golden Years" of Everquest and how kids these days have it easy. Maybe together, we could chat about what the best experiences were and all the old drama.

If only such a place would exist now I might be able to relive all those wonderful times, ignoring all the other mundane and annoying crap that I so conveniently forgot.

That and board games.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah,

old people gaming homes where you can shit your pants while playing all day and other people take care of you shall be the ultimate pinnacle of human evolution.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
By the time I'm ready for a retirement home, my reflexes will be suited for farmville. That's assuming we aren't capable of tapping into someone's brain by then.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Any artists want to collaborate on a "children's" book about the retirement homes of the future?

PM me

(seriously)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah,

old people gaming homes where you can shit your pants while playing all day and other people take care of you shall be the ultimate pinnacle of human evolution.
So, pretty much the same as what people do right now?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about retirement homes for our generation being the best thing ever. I imagine retirement homes in the next 20 years having to build sweet computer labs for our badass LAN parties. Retirement home guilds. No more poopsocking - we be straight up shitting in diapers.

Magic tournaments.

Tabletop games.

What are your dreams (edit: ideas) for gamer retirement homes?
I've thought about this too a little. You look at the current generation of people in retirement homes and what they fantasize their childhood/youth/prime years were like, all probably shit they can't do now.

Me? My biggest regrets from high school and college is that I didn't sack up and put the time in to be top server-wide. If I find myself in a retirement home? sheeeiiit. I'd love to join an retirement home specifically for gamers.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I seem to have misplaced my Oculus Rift bifocals.
Nurse, I need another can of Rockstar.
Can someone tell Phil to turn on his Vent hearing aid.
Countdown! 26 months til Emma Watson turns 65!!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It'd finally be legit to wear a diaper so your gaming session wouldn't be interrupted.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Gamers aren't going to make it to retirement age or much longer.

Better stock up on the insulin and defibrillators.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Great, a bunch of 80 year olds still griping that EQ was the pinnacle of online gaming.
Let's hope by then something comes along other than WoW that can change folks minds
wink.png

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Off topic, but I've been watching Sword Art Online recently.

Fuck a bunch of Oculus Rift; That shit is one step away from the nerve gear they wear in that show. Although, you know we rerolled folks would poopsock the fuck outta that shit.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The home library would have an amazing graphic novel selection. Manga out the ass for your againg weeaboo.

Sunday nights are American Dad and Bobs Burger night.