Gamer Retirement Homes

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Playing a Bard is going to be a bitch when Im old. You assholes get the mana song and thats it. Twisting is for young people!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This topic is actually pretty thought provoking. Anyone breach 60 on these forums yet? A lot of us likely represent the 'first' of the internet generations, people used to online culture, entertainment, interaction etc. So at this point we're well on our way to being at or over the hill.

I can only assume that 30 years from now, we won't suddenly revert to playing checkers, bingo, and bridge, and watching matlock. Unless there's something about being old that triggers those changes. At the same time, I just can't see myself being good at games still, especially the dodge circles and other shit bs that is running rampant these days.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
We have a shrinking generation gap thanks to the internet and being able to instantly obtain information and news about everything in the world. Even if I don't like what my kids are listening to or watching in the future, I'm sure I'll know what it is.

Getting older just means we slowly turn into republicans.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You tend to continue doing what you enjoyed. We suddenly aren't going to watch Matlock we will still be bitching about Everquest and WoW and how the younger generation's likes / dislikes are fucking retarded.

One thing I do notice is that our generation is different in one key way to the current crop of old farts. Most that I'm in contact with do not have any hobbies what so ever. Work, or some form of work related activity is all they know and when they stop they don't know what to do with themselves.

Where as many in our generation could kill plenty of time dicking around with tech, games, tv and other forms of hobbies without much trouble.

Kind of interesting considering we will all be at the end of the curve at some point. All things equal I think we will do better in old age (assuming you don't screw the pooch financially which most are doing) than the current crop.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This topic is actually pretty thought provoking. Anyone breach 60 on these forums yet? A lot of us likely represent the 'first' of the internet generations, people used to online culture, entertainment, interaction etc. So at this point we're well on our way to being at or over the hill.

I can only assume that 30 years from now, we won't suddenly revert to playing checkers, bingo, and bridge, and watching matlock. Unless there's something about being old that triggers those changes. At the same time, I just can't see myself being good at games still, especially the dodge circles and other shit bs that is running rampant these days.
The games that we love to play will become the new "checkers, bingo, bridge, and matlock" and the kids will be playing some crazy new technology that we don't understand thanks to our feeble and worn-out minds.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
You're sitting on a gold mine here. You can even name the retirement community Rerolled and it would be appropriate. Entering your new stage of life for daily raids, fondling nurses, and popping pills. Send me a brochure, please.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You know it diadem. Canadian Club drinking with Boardwalk Empire marathon.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There will be many marathon drinking and series watching nights at ReRolled Manor: Home for Elderly Gamers.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Let's talk nurses. You gotta have at least one fat sassy black lady who is wise as she is funny.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Poop socks, actual socks for your old man poop.
My hover chair will come equipped with a vacuum enhanced shitter, as well as a bidet, that shoots slightly less than room temp water, for that ohhh so fresh feeling.

Hmmm hover chairs, and chubby, sassy, black ladies giving me sponge baths.../sigh only 20 more years of hell before heaven.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Or brown poop looking comedy socks we all wear for a laugh. Our kids will not get the joke and assume we've gone insane.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Or brown poop looking comedy socks we all wear for a laugh. Our kids will not get the joke and assume we've gone insane.
The best part of growing up, is acting like a total fucking nut. I thoroughly plan on pushing the envelope of my eccentric behaviors by that point in my life. To the point where I am not even sure what is real anymore.

As long as there is an FPS and soft taco night, I will be there; And I will even bring my own mouse and keyboard from home unlike you dirty casuals. Anyways, people are going to need smoking jackets or robes with the name of their clan or group embroidered on the back so the leet gamers can be easily distinguished from the plebes.

Even though we are all going to have trouble taking a piss standing up and there would hardly be a full set of real teeth found among the lot, people still want to feel superior to one another. It's like prison, except with out all of the surprise! buttseks and the guards are going to look freakin hot, I can't wait.

misery_sl

shitlord
I will probably be in a retirement home before another good MMORPG is released. I hope these gaming retirement homes are ready by then.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ked hit on something interesting. Watching my grandfather retire has been depressing. He finds zero joy in anything that isn't work. Now he's just doing work for folks as a freelance electrician. Won't travel. Any hobby is worthless by his account.

Now my grandmother was an Atari and NES addict so she's fine. Most plays shit like dr Mario and Tetris. Her issues are being able to see the tv. From the fucked up family thread: she once sat and watched me play ALTTP on SNES and made the family watch the ending after I beat it for the first time. She is a pretty awesome grandmother