Gamescom 2014

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Quantum Break looks amazing, tho i hope your powers can be tweaked and altered some but it still looks dam good.

Full event up at

Xbox E3 Media Briefing

Seems like its going to be a battle of the wallets with MS and Sony grabbing as much timed exclusivity content and beta's from each other as possible. I didnt see the Evolve XB1 only beta thing coming, but id be curious to see what else MS does similar.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was surprised to see the next Tomb Raider as an XB1 exclusive. Something tells me that will change.
Just saw this in the announcement from Crystal.

"This doesn?t mean that we?re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4."

Does that mean timed exclusive, or is Osiris a different game all together?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just saw this in the announcement from Crystal.

"This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4."

Does that mean timed exclusive, or is Osiris a different game all together?
It means "Sorry we do love our fans, and while you wont get the next TR title you will get our lesser Temple of Osiris title and you can always play our TR
biggrin.png
efinitive Edition thats already available"

So no not a timed exclusive which is dumb, its just going to be on XB1. Its good for Xbox but bad for sales unless MS already fronted them a good bit of cash to do this.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
SE even said that Tomb Raider undersold their expectations. So M$ must have fronted a ton of cash to give it to the console with lesser sales (Lesser at this point...who knows what will change in a year)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SE even said that Tomb Raider undersold their expectations. So M$ must have fronted a ton of cash to give it to the console with lesser sales (Lesser at this point...who knows what will change in a year)
In the end it did 7m sales which isnt bad - it just had a slow start it seems and SE was ready to throw in the towel.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SE has become one of the dumbest companies in the industry at this point.
Oh i fully agree - i lost all faith in them a while ago and i am pretty sure they've forgotten who they even are at this point. Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider were both amazing games that SE did not consider to be great due to slow starts. In all honesty i liked Sleeping Dogs more than Watch Dogs but leave it to square to not fully get behind the game in the end.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think TR undersold because they were expecting CoD level success, if they had sane expectations, it would be pretty good success, but they expected it to pay for all their other fuckups.

Some rumors that it is timed exclusive, but they can't say for how long

asocirev_sl

shitlord
I've read rumors about SE trying to get MS to allow cross-platform play on FFXIV which I think would help XB1 sales. FFXIV is a year old and with no mention at this years gamescon I'm not sure MS will get on board; perhaps they still think TESO will be good.

spronk

FPS noob
xbone TR is dumb as shit, its a good game but its not a game anymore that sells consoles. Microsoft should have made a timed exclusive on GTA5, 2014 on xbox one only and 2015 on PC/PS4. That woulda been impressive.

Everyone is saying the wording on the SE announcements all stress 2015 and exclusive, so the assumption is that it'll get PC/PS4 release in 2016. a few insiders have obliquely confirmed this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
MS already had cross-platform with FFXI for the 360, I have no idea why SE is so fucking retarded to not allow that again. I'm not sure if it's SE, MS, or Sony making that call but they are fucking dumb.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
XI on the 360 with 5 fps during combat wasnt that great. Altho I can probably sell my used seekers disc for more than i paid for it

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure its MS wanting FFXIV to be on their servers, not shared ones. I think it was a symptom of them not having the XB1 released yet and them somehow thinking gamers around the world would hold hands through Kinect and MS DVRs. They bet wrong and as a result not even the 360 can play FFXIV. Now that they are #2 they have made a deal with EA which somewhat overlaps with their cash cow Gold subscription; why not make a deal with SE? If they want the XB1 to be the "best" place to play games, gamers should have access to games.

Needless

Toe Sucker
There is literally no point in releasing an MMO on your console if its console exclusive, yet open to PC/everything else on every other platform it's available on.
Microsoft is stupid if they don't find a way to integrate it into what already exists.

Editted after reading the article lol

asocirev_sl

shitlord
I agree, I played it heavily on the PC with friends on the PS3. It was fun and it connected a lot of players due to being cross-platform.