GameStop Stock Worth $5.13...But Only Worth 7cents In Store Credit

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Huh? I have 50 mb standard internet with ATT and I have a data cap. So most people with ATT probably have one.

When AT&T first started here, they had data caps initially. They don't anymore. Why? Because there are 2 other competitors in the area and they both don't have data caps.

Competition will fix this and if competition doesn't exist in your municipality? You need to start giving your local/city and state lawmakers a call, because chances are your local cable/internet providers are huge contributors to their campaigns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Like minutes on traditional cell phone plans, caps will go away for the most part. Just a matter of infrastructure and the market.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I guess centurylink technically has data cap at 1TB if you don’t have fiber, but my understanding and from their website is that they don’t currently have any overage charge (though obviously that could change). Didn’t know that was why spectrum didn’t have caps, good to know. And I did say the ATT one was for Gigabit fiber

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Till there is a decent amount of competition, data caps are here to stay. Minutes on dial-up didn't go away till there was a glut of ISP's. Some of them went to unlimited to gain an edge over the competition.

5G isn't going to be the competition bringer a lot of people are making it out to be either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Century link in my area does unless you get fiber. Charter cannot enter my area. So it's either Comcast or Century Link.

Also When the FCC approved the merger of Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House into the single brand of Spectrum, it ruled that the new provider couldn't charge overages or impose data caps for at least seven years. that's the only reason why there are no caps. Doesn't mean its going the way of the Do Do.

Man, I miss my 1gb symmetrical for $80 when I lived in Minneapolis :(

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's what they've been saying for years but still nothing. I think caps are stupid. I work for a storage/server company and I can't imagine metering access

Cybsled

People like to shit on Mass, but it has some decent consumer protection stuff (gift cards cannot expire, dealerships cannot have a monopoly on diagnostic codes, etc)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah its all about the competition. In my area now we have 3 options and its why we dont have data caps. Also prices decreased like 50% from back when we had only one, time warner. I was paying something like $250 for cable and internet. Then ATT came in then soon after ATT Wide open West came in and now my prices are $150 for triple the internet speed and 100 more channels on cable.

We even have dudes coming to our door every once in a while trying to sell us the next deal, Like I have charter now they came to my door and offered me some bullshit, I told them I already had all that for sameish price, why should I change? Then the dude offered to double my internet speed, give me the next step up on cable package and HBO and cinemax for 2 yrs. For same price, lol. In about a year im expecting wide open West to come back and offer me up some shit. I figure by then I will have even more.

So yeah I dont expect internet caps anytime soon in my area.

• 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Lol $5.13/share...it was as low as $3.15 within the past year. Some say the stock is actually undervalued at the moment due to a small shift in their merchandising and pivoting some of their business. I don’t see it surviving long though, to be honest. A couple of careful options plays and you can make some decent money on the death rattle, not my cup of tea though.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to work for GameStop while I was finishing up college.

Fun job. Banged 2 of my coworkers

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People like to shit on Mass, but it has some decent consumer protection stuff (gift cards cannot expire, dealerships cannot have a monopoly on diagnostic codes, etc)
The downside of course is our real estate costs and archaic gun laws. Can't win em all

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gift Cards not expiring is a countrywide thing in Canada. It's one of the few good things our government has done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users