GameStop Stock Worth $5.13...But Only Worth 7cents In Store Credit

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Century link in my area does unless you get fiber. Charter cannot enter my area. So it's either Comcast or Century Link.

Also When the FCC approved the merger of Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House into the single brand of Spectrum, it ruled that the new provider couldn't charge overages or impose data caps for at least seven years. that's the only reason why there are no caps. Doesn't mean its going the way of the Do Do.
5g is why it will go the way of the dodo. People will cut cords faster than ever if you get just as good or better speeds on their wireless devices. The only play physical connections will have to remain relevant is by offering unlimited.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Century Link is nice in that they dont give a crap what you download/torrent either. In a handful of years of downloading over 200+TB's of shows, movies and games they never cared once other than when Fox tagged me on, of all things, a Fast and the Furious download. Century Links letter literally said "Hey, so Fox emailed us and so now we have to send you this, Fox says you shouldn't do this...be mindful of your torrents going forward" (or something to that nature). They themselves didn't care at all.

Meanwhile, Mediacom came at me multiple times in a matter of weeks, Comcast more than once as well.

Century Link is the best provider I ever had, though the small town fiber place I'm on now is nice and the price isnt bad. $45 for 250mb and it never goes up with no contract. They offer 1GB for $85 but I just dont need those speeds these days and with actually subscribing to streaming services now, my movie and show downloads are at a minimum now.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’ve had several different ISPs over the years (in MO, OH, NC, and FL) and only a couple had stated data caps, but they weren’t enforced. However, I’ve never lived in a densely populated urban area.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
When I had Comcast, when i looked into my online account there was a screen that showed my current data and what the cap was, but it was grayed out and said it wasnt being enforced. Not sure if that screen still exists or not.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit will be even more competitive once 5G arrives and lives up to its supposed bandwidth and speed. Shit, you could power your entire house web/internet needs with 5g.

Also from what I heard around the net is that most of these companies only went after the super users that used terabytes of bandwidth to download shit. I dont even knwo how much data an average house uses these days like mine when were constantly 2-3 streaming, plus gaming, and regular downloads of shit like games maybe a movie here and there. I dont think my kids really download anything other than that.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Bad week for Gamestop, w/ Xbox Smart Delivery / CDPR shoveling dirt on the grave of their used game business model. Sony surely with something similar in the works.

This model is going to reduce trade-ins (especially mass trade-ins coinciding w/ new console cycle) and drive collecting/loyalty. Digital game adoption will only continue to rise.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Digital game adoption will only continue to rise.

As I get older, I realized that my attachment to "physical" games was really just a "GET OFF MY LAWN!"-esque, nostalgic attachment to a bygone era. PC gaming has been basically exclusively digital for the better part of a decade already. Once that epiphany resonated with me, I realized I never get out an old, physical copy of a game and play it anymore. And if I do, 99% of the time it's available digitally as well.

• 1Faggotry

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
As I get older, I realized that my attachment to "physical" games was really just a "GET OFF MY LAWN!"-esque, nostalgic attachment to a bygone era. PC gaming has been basically exclusively digital for the better part of a decade already. Once that epiphany resonated with me, I realized I never get out an old, physical copy of a game and play it anymore. And if I do, 99% of the time it's available digitally as well.

I have been lazy enough to buy digital copies of games I already physically own just so I didn't have to dig that shit out of closet.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Digital is def the way to go. Only thing I could see is some kid taking their game over a friends house or whatever, but even that is prohibitive for the most part these days anyway since games require gigs and gigs of patching even if you have the physical copy.

Digital you never lose or get scratched up as well which is another bonus.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Digital is def the way to go. Only thing I could see is some kid taking their game over a friends house or whatever, but even that is prohibitive for the most part these days anyway since games require gigs and gigs of patching even if you have the physical copy.

The only way I see physical having a use is in some bazaaro world where electricity exists without the internet.

• 1Salty

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When the physical is 66% off and you can hand it to your brother to play later it still has a place.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Comcast in my area definitely has and enforces a 1TB cap :( I broke it enough I pay another $50/month for unlimited.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit I rememeber having the disc version of the OG Destiny1 on PS4 and I ended up buying it again digitally because I was always looking for the fucking disc to play. (kids lol)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

We get back to this when the bandwidth cap situation improves and the kid brings his streaming game library over to a friend's house.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I prefer having shelves of games I never play. It brings me joy.

I'm waiting for these fucks to go broke and begin shuttering so I can clear out a store's stock and swim in a pile of games.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah hard pass on digital shit for me. I like owning what I pay for. Steam can't arbitrarily take my physical media away from me, my physical media still runs without an internet connection, and I can use it on consoles other than my own.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users