Gaming and general purpose monitors

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd spend an extra 100-200 for a high refresh one

Like what? Is there a minimum refresh rate people should get with 4k? I've never heard of the site/brand Kais listed; those prices seem awful low for monitors of that size.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Like what? Is there a minimum refresh rate people should get with 4k? I've never heard of the site/brand Kais listed; those prices seem awful low for monitors of that size.
There isn't a better monitor that size for anything close to that price - it's better than a # of monitors (AOC, Amazon branded ones, MSI, etc) that are $700. The 4ms refresh is absolutely fine. In fact, I had that monitor and the 34" UW Alienware ($1k) at the same time and kept the Monoprice one. The Alienware was definitely a better monitor, but it was not twice as good and the refresh was only marginally noticeable so I returned it and kept the Monoprice monitor. The difference I think was the IPS panel and the build quality on the dell was definitely better.

In fact, for $350 there has never been a better priced monitor available that I've ever seen.

It was a screaming deal at $500, for $150 off it's the best monitor deal I've maybe ever seen and looks absolutely awesome. The only negative for me is the HDR implementation is awful, but it's awful on every monitor I've ever used/owned.

The only reason I'd ever get another one is a slightly larger screen with 4k but keeping all the other features. UWD is also fantastic, and this is a great cheap way to experience it on one of Samsungs best made panels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There isn't a better monitor that size for anything close to that price - it's better than a # of monitors (AOC, Amazon branded ones, MSI, etc) that are $700. The 4ms refresh is absolutely fine. In fact, I had that monitor and the 34" UW Alienware ($1k) at the same time and kept the Monoprice one. The Alienware was definitely a better monitor, but it was not twice as good and the refresh was only marginally noticeable so I returned it and kept the Monoprice monitor. The difference I think was the IPS panel and the build quality on the dell was definitely better.

In fact, for $350 there has never been a better priced monitor available that I've ever seen.

It was a screaming deal at $500, for $150 off it's the best monitor deal I've maybe ever seen and looks absolutely awesome. The only negative for me is the HDR implementation is awful, but it's awful on every monitor I've ever used/owned.

The only reason I'd ever get another one is a slightly larger screen with 4k but keeping all the other features. UWD is also fantastic, and this is a great cheap way to experience it on one of Samsungs best made panels.

I appreciate the insight, thank you.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

dom smoking crack or some shit

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Just ordered this

Amazon product ASIN B088MLC8PH
I primarily play FPS and got a nice UHD Qled Samsung 32 inch for single players.
Was looking at that though other nerd friends disagree with mist and thinks the pricier $500 lg discussed recently would be better for being new panel type or whatever. So i sit waffling between mists $370 monitor, this asus, or the $500 version of mists.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was looking at that though other nerd friends disagree with mist and thinks the pricier $500 lg discussed recently would be better for being new panel type or whatever. So i sit waffling between mists $370 monitor, this asus, or the $500 version of mists.
Spent hours watching reviews and reading comparisons and only one had the LG better than that monitor for gaming. Everywhere else the Asus came out on top.

Dunno either way I can always return it but I’ll let you know how it does in Warzone and other FPS.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Spent hours watching reviews and reading comparisons and only one had the LG better than that monitor for gaming. Everywhere else the Asus came out on top.

Dunno either way I can always return it but I’ll let you know how it does in Warzone and other FPS.
Let me know, id have ordered already but also realized lately not playing much anyways with real life and keeping up with politics thread.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Monoprice has been around forever it seems, and have been a great source of inexpensive good quality stuff. It's on my preffered go-to list for accessories, cables, and general hardware "stuff". In recent years they've branched out to more consumer and home stuff, but have traditionally been real solid on pc related things, including racks and server hardware.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i don't keep track of monitors

you join dell memeber program and it's 329

good or not?
At $329? Sure. 32", 165hz, 1440p, and HDR 400... that's not great, but whatever. Brightness on an LG OLED TV is like 1000? something like that.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am looking for a second monitor to pair with my AW3420DW
Its 34inch ultra wide 3440 x 1440 @ 120hz.

I want a second minor beside it and think a 27inch will flow the best due to similar sizes and styles and both white like my AW34

The ones i am looking at are Dell on sale.

S2721DS 2560 x 1440 75hz for $299
or
S2721Q 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz for $359

I am looking for any advice on how it may feel having the different quality monitor besides my current Gaming ultrawide.

Will the full 4k @ 60hz look odd besides my 3440x1440 and should i stick to the 1440 for continuity?
am i going to get annoyed at the refresh rate difference?

Current 2nd monitor is 1080p 60hz. 10 year old dell.

Thanks for your help.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I want a second minor beside it and think a 27inch will flow the best due to similar sizes and styles and both white like my AW34

or

I am looking for any advice on how it may feel having the different quality monitor besides my current Gaming ultrawide.

Will the full 4k @ 60hz look odd besides my 3440x1440 and should i stick to the 1440 for continuity?

Thanks for your help.
Really couldn't recommend a 60hz panel. 4k at that size also probably isn't worth it.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
After further digging, 27" wise I'm a fan of Mists LG 27GL83A.

If it's a 2nd monitor for movies only and forum stuff, I'd consider maybe something more basic/cheaper. Same deal why I'll be running a secondary 12 year old monitor rather than updating.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After further digging, 27" wise I'm a fan of Mists LG 27GL83A.

If it's a 2nd monitor for movies only and forum stuff, I'd consider maybe something more basic/cheaper. Same deal why I'll be running a secondary 12 year old monitor rather than updating.
I can say first hand that my new asus vg27aqla1a is rocking with ELMB SYNC on in Warzone and division 2. I haven't really needed to mess with jack shit. I just set the OC to 165, FPS mode on, ELMB on and I am not dipping in any games save crazy explosions in warzone. I dipped under between 100-120 once.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I can say first hand that my new asus vg27aqla1a is rocking with ELMB SYNC on in Warzone and division 2. I haven't really needed to mess with jack shit. I just set the OC to 165, FPS mode on, ELMB on and I am not dipping in any games save crazy explosions in warzone. I dipped under between 100-120 once.
If your computer can run minimum 100 frames on this, then yeah i think it's good. Would take it over 500$ 850. But if a game drags your computer down to 80 or so or less got pretty consistent complaints i found in my reading.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If your computer can run minimum 100 frames on this, then yeah i think it's good. Would take it over 500$ 850. But if a game drags your computer down to 80 or so or less got pretty consistent complaints i found in my reading.
I thought you had a beast machine?

this monitor is amazing

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

or

Thanks for your help.
The S2721DS seems like a good choice for that setup.

• 1Like