Gaming and general purpose monitors

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What lengths you went to in order to get individually packaged cocaines with BC powder labeling. I assume it pairs well with the grape soda? How many bumps in a package?

EDIT: For real though, that's clever.

As soon as I posted that pic, I thought to myself...

"Brahma (I call myself Brahma)...You know they will comment on that grape soda right?"

I then thought to myself. "It will be Hoss Hoss , lurkingdirk lurkingdirk or fuckin Hekotat Hekotat ". One of those mutha fuckers!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Need a release day on the Samsung Odyssey G8QNB, Alienware not out till April but hopefully Samsung is out sooner.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I would NEVER do such a thing!
justin-timberlake-slow.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a new monitor today, a LG 32GP850-B. Pretty nice, but I fear it might be bad. The lower right corner is pretty bright. =/

It is pretty amazing to play games at far above 60fps though. Was playing MH: Rise with HDR turned on... my eyes, my EYES! Really intense color, had to switch it off.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Got a new monitor today, a LG 32GP850-B. Pretty nice, but I fear it might be bad. The lower right corner is pretty bright. =/

It is pretty amazing to play games at far above 60fps though. Was playing MH: Rise with HDR turned on... my eyes, my EYES! Really intense color, had to switch it off.
Post pictures? Lower-edge backlight bleed/IPS glow is known for being pretty bad on many of these IPS panels, especially when viewed at a certain eye-level. It can also just be an unfortunately positioned reflection of another lightsource adding to the glow.

Also you can probably turn the screen brightness down pretty low if you're in a poorly lit room. My similar LG monitor that I use as a side monitor generally only is set around 24-27 brightness.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I turned this new monitor on this afternoon and noticed an odd duplication of text and mouse cursor which aligned with the middle of the screen, from top to bottom. Turning the monitor off / back on removed the invisible line down the middle, but given I already think the lower right is a bit brighter than normal, I'll be trying to get it exchanged.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Hey man. How far can you extend that arm? Could you possibly take a picture? I need it to reach about three feet from the wall.
Range of motion is a little less than 2 feet.

1643967873289.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Range of motion is a little less than 2 feet.

View attachment 396644

This is just going to sound dumb, but this monitor is heavy...and I am very reluctant to believe that the arm can stay extended (pretty much permanently for my use) without dipping.

Thanks for the info though man.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is just going to sound dumb, but this monitor is heavy...and I am very reluctant to believe that the arm can stay extended (pretty much permanently for my use) without dipping.

you just gotta tighten the arms enough

my ergotrons have never felt secure, i have used the northern bayou arms to wall mount a 50in tv once and it held position perfectly

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

The HX arms are a lot stronger than the LX arms, and there's a special one for extra heavy ultrawides.

There's also this:

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Hey man. How far can you extend that arm? Could you possibly take a picture? I need it to reach about three feet from the wall.

Can do if you still need this. I'm not sure I'd want it constantly extended (would make me nervous), but this thing is built like a tank and once you've attached the correct Samsung tilt mechanism and tightened the screws, this thing doesn't move. With that being said, you want to make sure your desk isn't a floppy piece of shit because it will definitely result in your desk collapsing or dangerously tilting.

I've had mine up now for about a month or so and have had it sitting overnight in various positions while I do cord management, I've never felt that it was going anywhere.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
you just gotta tighten the arms enough

my ergotrons have never felt secure, i have used the northern bayou arms to wall mount a 50in tv once and it held position perfectly
Like Mist stated, the HX is on another level compared to the LX and is an absolute beast.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Like Mist stated, the HX is on another level compared to the LX and is an absolute beast.
yea i don't know if mine are old or lost tension, but i have 3 and theyre in storage (not gonna throw away 200$ monitor arms lulz) hell i even had at one point an ergotron lx keyboard mount

• 1Solidarity