Gaming and general purpose monitors

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have the 34" Alienware ultra wide, and debating on what to do for secondary monitors as well:

I was debating on doing one 24-27" on top of the ultra-wide, and then maybe a 22" vertical off to either side? Not sure, debating if I really need two secondary monitors.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
have you tried it rotated 90 degrees? might be a bit better
Nah, didn't really help and makes spreadsheets kind of a PITA.

Went with this. Still hate paying extra for 75hz and Freesync, but it's pretty unavoidable now it seems.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of which, it would be really fucking cool if someone made a 1440x900 slim-bezel monitor for the express purpose of mounting portrait-wise along the side of a 1440p 27" or 34" monitor.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This came.

Has 1 stuck pixel that shows green on black screens but can't be seen on any other color screen. Small defect on the outer left edge.

Might ask Amazon to send a replacement.

Otherwise, holy fucking shitballs this thing is insane. Like I've said before, there is no comparison between a hardware G-Sync module (like I had on my S2716DG and now this) and G-Sync compatible like I had on my LG monitors. Doom Eternal and HZD look absolutely insane with the G-Sync at very high refresh rates.
Got Amazon to send a replacement. Won the panel lotto. Actual perfect aside from a tiny amount of backlight bleed along the bottom middle-left.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Should get this instead.
For $100 more? No thanks. I was trying to keep it around the $140-170 dollar mark. Not interested in paying that kind of cash for a 75hz, 4ms monitor. I'll deal with the shitty bezel.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
For $100 more? No thanks. I was trying to keep it around the $140-170 dollar mark. Not interested in paying that kind of cash for a 75hz, 4ms monitor. I'll deal with the shitty bezel.

Finally found one.

Good reviews too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Finally found one.

Good reviews too.
That's only 24, needs to be 27. I had a 25 inch widescreen before, but my OCD was triggered next to my 27inch, which was the whole point of the swap. My 25 inch LG was great, just couldn't deal with the dimension difference anymore.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That's only 24, needs to be 27. I had a 25 inch widescreen before, but my OCD was triggered next to my 27inch, which was the whole point of the swap. My 25 inch LG was great, just couldn't deal with the dimension difference anymore.
Pretty sure I've seen an LG at Costco that's what you're looking for... don't see anything on the website though.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just grabbed the LG 27 IPS 1ms, 75hz in-store at Costco for $179. Hope it works well.
I have the older 24" version of this @ 60Hz, works great. It even took a pretty good hit when a bookshelf fell over during an earthquake ~5 years ago. I'm fairly certain I have more light blled than before, but other than that still going strong. It even overclocks to 72 for overwatch :D

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have the AOC 34” ultra wide and next to it a matching 1440p resolution 27” and it’s perfect because the displays are the same height so liking them up is super easy.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a duel monitor arm for two eizos. It’ll go on a Jarvis desk. Desk is against wall so low profile clamping would be ideal. Any suggestions?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Looking for a duel monitor arm for two eizos. It’ll go on a Jarvis desk. Desk is against wall so low profile clamping would be ideal. Any suggestions?
I don't have any experience with the type, but it sounds like you want something like
Probably one that has a clamp instead of sitting on the desk? Everyone says it's fine but it would make me nervous. If you get ones with pneumatic arms they are way more likely to stick out a decent amount past the back of the desk

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't have any experience with the type, but it sounds like you want something like
Probably one that has a clamp instead of sitting on the desk? Everyone says it's fine but it would make me nervous. If you get ones with pneumatic arms they are way more likely to stick out a decent amount past the back of the desk
i always put a piece of wood on the clamp to spread the load

i mean i have glass desks, i'm sure would have busted w/o that wood and my wife now had a motorized sit/stand desk that while was heavy as shit, it was still made out of mdf like wood and i'm sure after a year it'd be indented.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I got this for my wife's desk, we're using L-shaped Office Depot glass desks. Worked well.