Gaming and general purpose monitors

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They are saying that 32" dell is overpriced because its old tech as far as panels are concerned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gosh damn, my lack of display knowledge is downright embarrassing.
The main thing I can tell you is that 32“ will almost always be a VA panel and curved. Curved isn't a feature, it's a necessity due to VA viewing angles being poor.

With VA, you need to be careful with blurring and ghosting.

I would load up hardware unboxed on youtube and look at their VA panel reviews from the past year. They do a good job of explaining the actual performance of these displays.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean, with as little as you know about display tech, I feel like you're also gonna be blown away in love with any of these upgrades you get. I ain't saying it's a bad thing to learn but that display from Costco will kick ass as far as you're concerned.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Well these now officially exist.

If only I had a new Nvidia card to go with them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The 38" one seems to be the same panel as the LG UltraGear 38GN950-B. I'd go with the LG, as they are manufacturing the displays.
I dunno, I really like G-Sync. I'd be buying one of these right now if I was for sure going to get an Nvidia card.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Well these now officially exist.

If only I had a new Nvidia card to go with them.

Meh @ That 38 Alienware w/ weak gsync ult - maybe its my eyes but i still cant see the difference between gsync ult and gsync compat -

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
For the past three years I have been using a Samsung 40" 4k tv as a pc monitor. Looks fine to me but it won't go above 60hz even though the specs on the monitor say 120hz (I think that is some kind of bullshit fantasy spec the justify by doubling framerate or something, not a real world possibility) and that hasn't been a problem because I've been using an Nvidia 980ti for years.

I just upgraded to a new Nvidia card and would like to get a monitor that wasn't locked to 60 fps max. But I also am pretty used to the 40" size. I doubt I can have both, is there a compromise that doesn't cost a ton of cash?

And if the answer is just to suck it up for another year or two and wait for new developments, that is fine too.

Last edited:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright I did some reading and it looks like any 4k tv is going to need hdmi 2.1 in order to pass 4k at 120hz, the issue is that most tv's that have this are huge and I want a smaller one. I found this that looks like it would be good for pc gaming now I need to see if I even have room to go from a 40 to a 49.

LG 49NANO85UNA NanoCell 85 Series 49"​

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Are you sure you are using a high speed HDMI cable? if you aren't it would keep you from going to 120hz. Cheaper than buying a new TV unless your also wanting a new TV