Gaming and general purpose monitors

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've thought that is the next monitor for me at times, but it's the curve that always keeps me from going in on it. Definitely interested in hearing your opinion.
The size always makes me anxious. Just the stupid in my head of keeping things in a different space when playing games and stuff. Also, having enough graphics power to actually run it, because the specs on that thing are pretty boss. 240hz double 1440p? Sign me the fuck up if you can actually run it

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. 1st the good.
Remember I am coming from an ultrawide curved already.
The monitor is immersive as fuck. People were not exaggerating about that on reviews. It really is nice in that regard.
Height adjust and just height period is great.
The curve is perfect (And exactly what I hoped for) and needed IMO for that immersion, and keeping you from having to turn your head to see the edges of the monitor.
The blacks are deep, and whites are fantastically bright.
Have not tried any HDR10 content yet.
The input lag is noticeably better than my Acer El431CR. So are the colors. Just an overall MUCH better panel. Worth the extra 600 bucks over the Acer.

Now the bad.
I can not get Nvidia to recognize the 240Hz natively without a custom res. I don't have a video card that can drive it near those FPS's anyway, so I am using the 144Hz. Which then brings the input lag up to 5ms as opposed to the 1ms. Still fantastic though!
On games near the edges there is substantial blurriness with the text. I have a pic below on what I am talking about. Not sure what to do with that yet...
The footprint for the stand is HUGE. You will probably want an arm. I have plenty of desk space though.
My 1080ti struggles with some games at 5120x1440. Example would be Vermintide 2. I hover around 65-75 frames. Used to be around 85-95 frames at 3840x1200.
Another 1000 bucks needed for a new video card.
VERY few gaming features in the menu.

Overall I like it. Not love it because of the blurry edges and native 240Hz not being recognized. The monitor is definitely worth 1500 bucks IMO if you are a gamer and have the extra cash lying around. Especially over my Acer. It's no contest. I will keep it unless I find a huge flaw.

9/10

Here are some pics.

Big Ass Box.jpg
aaa.jpg
IMG_20210129_190618.jpg
IMG_20210129_191356.jpg
Destiny 2.jpg

Vermintide 2.jpg

Game pics with Blurry Text

Blurry.jpg
Blurry 2.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Nice! The blurry text on the sides is bit worrisome. When I do move to a bigger screen I want one that can display 1 comp on the left and another on the right. I do a lot of mac and pc these days so 1 monitor to rule them all sounds awesome.

The 2021 LG UltraWide Monitor(40WP95C) they announced a couple weeks ago sounds so damn good(no g sync WTF?!?!?!?!) but I am afraid to find out what the price will be.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ok. 1st the good.
Remember I am coming from an ultrawide curved already.
The monitor is immersive as fuck. People were not exaggerating about that on reviews. It really is nice in that regard.
Height adjust and just height period is great.
The curve is perfect (And exactly what I hoped for) and needed IMO for that immersion, and keeping you from having to turn your head to see the edges of the monitor.
The blacks are deep, and whites are fantastically bright.
Have not tried any HDR10 content yet.
The input lag is noticeably better than my Acer El431CR. So are the colors. Just an overall MUCH better panel. Worth the extra 600 bucks over the Acer.

Now the bad.
I can not get Nvidia to recognize the 240Hz natively without a custom res. I don't have a video card that can drive it near those FPS's anyway, so I am using the 144Hz. Which then brings the input lag up to 5ms as opposed to the 1ms. Still fantastic though!
On games near the edges there is substantial blurriness with the text. I have a pic below on what I am talking about. Not sure what to do with that yet...
The footprint for the stand is HUGE. You will probably want an arm. I have plenty of desk space though.
My 1080ti struggles with some games at 5120x1440. Example would be Vermintide 2. I hover around 65-75 frames. Used to be around 85-95 frames at 3840x1200.
Another 1000 bucks needed for a new video card.
VERY few gaming features in the menu.

Overall I like it. Not love it because of the blurry edges and native 240Hz not being recognized. The monitor is definitely worth 1500 bucks IMO if you are a gamer and have the extra cash lying around. Especially over my Acer. It's no contest. I will keep it unless I find a huge flaw.

9/10

Here are some pics.

View attachment 331983View attachment 331984View attachment 331985View attachment 331987View attachment 331988
View attachment 331989

Game pics with Blurry Text

View attachment 331990View attachment 331991
That looks like some wierd alignment issue with the panel. Does it do it in all games?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Brahma Brahma what cable are you using from your video card to the monitor? I feel like the combination of stuff like the text and not seeing the possible rez might and old cable problem when you need something up to a newer standard.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Brahma Brahma what cable are you using from your video card to the monitor? I feel like the combination of stuff like the text and not seeing the possible rez might and old cable problem when you need something up to a newer standard.
i'm assuming they include a dp cable

HOWEVER, when i got my new tv, the include cable was junk, also (hdmi)

for reference the latest displayport standard is 1.4

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looks like to get the 240Hz I need at least a 2000 series card or better. I have a 1080ti which doesn't have the DP 1.4

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Do you have the most recent firmware installed? I had many issues to begin with until I updated. Huge Reddit threads on panels. I absolutely love my G9. Splurged on a desk mount arm because the stock stand takes up quite a bit of room. Congrats on the upgrade

No I do not. I do not have a thumb drive that the monitor recognizes...that will be here tomorrow, along with a certified 1.4 DP cable.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Nice! The blurry text on the sides is bit worrisome. When I do move to a bigger screen I want one that can display 1 comp on the left and another on the right. I do a lot of mac and pc these days so 1 monitor to rule them all sounds awesome.

The 2021 LG UltraWide Monitor(40WP95C) they announced a couple weeks ago sounds so damn good(no g sync WTF?!?!?!?!) but I am afraid to find out what the price will be.
It's only 72 hz.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
No I do not. I do not have a thumb drive that the monitor recognizes...that will be here tomorrow, along with a certified 1.4 DP cable.
It fixed my 240hz issue I was having. Made all my settings run perfectly. The thumb drive can be a pain in the ass, had to use 4 different drives before I found one that worked. Let me know if you run into that issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It fixed my 240hz issue I was having. Made all my settings run perfectly. The thumb drive can be a pain in the ass, had to use 4 different drives before I found one that worked. Let me know if you run into that issue.

Will do!

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Have you tried doing work stuff on it? I want to get it for myself, but I'm concerned about working on it.

Can you have the Windows treat it like two monitors? I use the Windows +left and + right a bit with two monitors. It would suck to lose that.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Have you tried doing work stuff on it? I want to get it for myself, but I'm concerned about working on it.

Can you have the Windows treat it like two monitors? I use the Windows +left and + right a bit with two monitors. It would suck to lose that.
There is definitely software that can do that if the monitor doesn't. I know I've seen stuff about setting up multiple regions and stuff

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
win key <arrow left-right> does that built in, I like powertoys fancy zones better tho