Gaming and general purpose monitors

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dell S2721DGF is going for just north of $400 right now with a coupon.

If you have an Amex credit card, check your Offers for $100 off $500; if you have it, you can upgrade to the 5-year warranty with the premium tech support for roughly the same price.
"Premium tech support"

*People on these forums whos capability feels questioned.*
Oh My God Omg GIF by Laff

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Some nice changes/upgrades on this newer version. I think I might be more interested in it now that the curve is not so large and more like my current monitor.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Some nice changes/upgrades on this newer version. I think I might be more interested in it now that the curve is not so large and more like my current monitor.
They're both 1000R curvature, which is a lot.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
ya, your right. For some reason I was thinking 1800
I have the 2020 version and it's been one of my best purchases i've ever made. Finally got my ergo desk mount within the last week or two. It's a beautiful monitor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Was gonna buy 2 x 27" 1440p monitors for working from home. Most likely the Gigabyte m27q was what I settled on, but now I'm thinking ultrawide might be the way to go?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Was gonna buy 2 x 27" 1440p monitors for working from home. Most likely the Gigabyte m27q was what I settled on, but now I'm thinking ultrawide might be the way to go?
I've been trying to figure out for the past 2 years what the optimal monitor setup is and I still don't fucking know.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've been trying to figure out for the past 2 years what the optimal monitor setup is and I still don't fucking know.

I think I am going to go 34" Ultrawide with my 27" Monitor in portrait mode and for the Ultra Wide

Just need to find a bigger desk

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think I am going to go 34" Ultrawide with my 27" Monitor in portrait mode and for the Ultra Wide

Just need to find a bigger desk

This ultrawide is like 95% as good as all the other 3440x1440 ultrawides, and better in some ways, and is less than half the price.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

This ultrawide is like 95% as good as all the other 3440x1440 ultrawides, and better in some ways, and is less than half the price.

Yeah I don't need it for gaming, only play wow classic and that's over soon, probably won't play TBC classic.

I would like USB-C to run from laptop but I guess USB-C to DP works just as well

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't need it for gaming, only play wow classic and that's over soon, probably won't play TBC classic.

I would like USB-C to run from laptop but I guess USB-C to DP works just as well
If you don't need a monitor for gaming why are you paying 900 dollars for a 165hz monitor?!?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you don't need a monitor for gaming why are you paying 900 dollars for a 165hz monitor?!?

Well technically it's $1250 because £900 = $1250, but I'm buying it through my business so I reclaim 20% vat, so $1000 I guess.

I run my current monitor at 120hz and if I drop the refresh rate to 60hz then I can see the difference. So I don't want to buy a 60hz ultrawide and to be able to see it's 60hz

I have a 55" OLED connected to my desktop which is 2160p at 60hz. That is only used for movies/tv and admittedly it looked fine refresh rate wise.

I've lost track of how many monitors I've looked at, I haven't bought the MSI one yet, but that one looks like the most likely purchase

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
IMG_20210422_000532559.jpg

I bought the MSI 343CQR Ultrawide, seems BIS for work so far, just need a laptop stand now

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally moving off the 6ft plastic home depot table in my "study" and going with IKEA desk. Found the Alex drawers in stock so I bought them along with my 6 foot counter top. Lol. Excited to get my monitors up on arms. Going with Lanx Lanx recommendation, 2 of these:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally moving off the 6ft plastic home depot table in my "study" and going with IKEA desk. Found the Alex drawers in stock so I bought them along with my 6 foot counter top. Lol. Excited to get my monitors up on arms. Going with Lanx Lanx recommendation, 2 of these:

I oddly did the same last week - i picked up 2 98inch Karlby and 5 Alex drawers and some legs - Gets here Friday so kinda excited to redo my basement and ditch the cheap ikea desk i had prior

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Lulz i tried to bribe my moving guy with one of those. He was doing a preinspection and said i had to remove my mounts before moving and he asked if theyre good, cuz he has to sit way close to the computer and move the monitor forwared, and when his kid plays, he has to move it back.

So i had him sit down and told hom to grab the monitor and pull it towards him and then when he let go, he was amazed as shit.

I was going to give him the extra i had in a box new, but it was wall mount. He probably would have taken it, if it was desk mount.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I oddly did the same last week - i picked up 2 98inch Karlby and 5 Alex drawers and some legs - Gets here Friday so kinda excited to redo my basement and ditch the cheap ikea desk i had prior
OH damn! You went fancy AF! Karlby counter tops looks great!