Gaming and general purpose monitors

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is that a screenshot or well cropped photo?
Screenshot. Here is another...

image_2023-09-22_170126581.png

gak

<Gold Donor>

gak

<Gold Donor>
The original Chessmaster one if anyone wants it:

-https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1bwBctMHQMMIwQTsDXs7xMpiRuu30LduP&export=download-

(remove the "-" at the ends for link)

For some reason VLC chokes on these if I try to play them from the beginning, I have to skip ahead for anything to show visually, but the TV plays them no problem. Always something to dick with/troubleshoot...

c.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have a leftover Raspberry Pi (I think from a RetroPi build) and a spare 24” monitor and was thinking about doing a Smart Mirror / Smart Board project for fun. Looking at the 24” though it seems way too small for me to even be interested, plus it is older so somewhat chunky where the inputs are so the frame would be very deep.

Considering finding something in the 27” - 32” that is cheap but I don’t want it to be too cheap. This guy is only $180 for the 27” version and slightly more for 32”.

Tried to comb Facebook Marketplace with no results or I’d just find something cheap and used.

ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 1080p Widescreen IPS Monitor with Ultra-Thin Bezels, Screen Split Capability HDMI and DisplayPort,blue https://a.co/d/7MegemD

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't generally recommend these dual monitor arms to 1 mounting point (i would of course advocate using 2x4 or something to spread the load)

but for 28bucks, it's a pretty good price
b0fcb1fe22595bcf051307a470c6562e.png

NB North Bayou Dual Monitor, 22''-32'', Arm Ultra Wide Full Motion Swivel Mount with Gas Spring, Load Capacity from 4.4 to 33lbs Each Height Adjustable Stand G35
it's at 40bucks now and don't forget the 12$ coupon makes it 28bucks
if you can't see the deal, then you don't have prime.

i have loads of monitor mounts, ergo tron and north bayou, why nb? idk 1 time i needed a monitor mount and didn't want to pay the crazy prices for an ergo tron and it just worked better (the pnuenamics held better, didn't sag, etc), other ppl have found other brands, this is just the one i stick w/ and put on my wish list. (honestly idk why i even have this on a wish list, but it's on sale so oh well)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i don't generally recommend these dual monitor arms to 1 mounting point (i would of course advocate using 2x4 or something to spread the load)

but for 28bucks, it's a pretty good price

NB North Bayou Dual Monitor, 22''-32'', Arm Ultra Wide Full Motion Swivel Mount with Gas Spring, Load Capacity from 4.4 to 33lbs Each Height Adjustable Stand G35
it's at 40bucks now and don't forget the 12$ coupon makes it 28bucks
if you can't see the deal, then you don't have prime.

i have loads of monitor mounts, ergo tron and north bayou, why nb? idk 1 time i needed a monitor mount and didn't want to pay the crazy prices for an ergo tron and it just worked better (the pnuenamics held better, didn't sag, etc), other ppl have found other brands, this is just the one i stick w/ and put on my wish list. (honestly idk why i even have this on a wish list, but it's on sale so oh well)
Do those dual arm setups allow for changing which monitor is centered, or are they just for side by side use? Like, say, I have a 34" ultrawide on my PC and a 32" 1440p monitor connected to a console (or to the PC as a second screen since this one is hooked up to a KVM), and I want one centered between my speakers and the other off to the side out of the way but still usable for web browsing or whatever. And I'd want to be able to switch which one is in the center as needed, of course. If left/right switching won't work, top/bottom would probably be acceptable too I suppose.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do those dual arm setups allow for changing which monitor is centered, or are they just for side by side use? Like, say, I have a 34" ultrawide on my PC and a 32" 1440p monitor connected to a console (or to the PC as a second screen since this one is hooked up to a KVM), and I want one centered between my speakers and the other off to the side out of the way but still usable for web browsing or whatever. And I'd want to be able to switch which one is in the center as needed, of course. If left/right switching won't work, top/bottom would probably be acceptable too I suppose.
you'd probably need an arm extension, these particaular arms are taller than longer

Vorph

you'd probably need an arm extension, these particaular arms are taller than longer
Yeah, I was actually looking at a different one here:

Prime Day sale with coupon brings it down to $82.

Just not sure if a dual arm will do what I want, or if it would be better to mount two singles, each a foot or two in from the corner of the L desk I'm building.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Just not sure if a dual arm will do what I want, or if it would be better to mount two singles a foot or two in on each side of the corner of the L desk I'm building.
fwiw my wife didn't like the combined and want the 2 singles put back on

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I took off my dual and triple and went back to singles as well, I'm not his wife though.

Vorph

fwiw my wife didn't like the combined and want the 2 singles put back on
Thanks. I think I'll go that route too. If nothing else it saves me from having to cut a 45 degree chunk out of the back corner in order to take a dual mount properly.

Hard part now is finding a single arm with good reviews that I can actually buy two of, without having to pay full price for the second one. Stupid fucking coupons....

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Just not sure if a dual arm will do what I want, or if it would be better to mount two singles, each a foot or two in from the corner of the L desk I'm building.
I have that exact unit on my desk. Build quality is good and I didn't feel ripped off. The arms are pretty flexible but moving them around a lot would get into PITA territory.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Bought the LG 55” C2 off Amazon for the Prime Day deal, figured the old models would sell out before Black Friday and C3’s won’t see discounts for a while.

So exactly the opposite will happen most likely.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bought the LG 55” C2 off Amazon for the Prime Day deal, figured the old models would sell out before Black Friday and C3’s won’t see discounts for a while.

So exactly the opposite will happen most likely.
I just want Odyssey Ark to drop to 999 for the lulz.