Gaming and general purpose monitors

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Buying anything that's not OLED at this point feels like fucking up.
Aren't there burn-in issues with those still? I often have the same thing on my screen for hours and days overall, and I don't want that to be a problem. Or has that all been resolved?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Aren't there burn-in issues with those still? I often have the same thing on my screen for hours and days overall, and I don't want that to be a problem. Or has that all been resolved?
Well, I don't run my monitors very bright so I can't imagine it ever burning in.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What's the point of having OLED and turning off HDR
I turn on HDR when there's a game that uses it.

These QD-OLED displays have a high enough contrast ratio that you can get a full 0-255 brightness range without black crush even without maxing out the brightness even in HDR.

You just have to calibrate it correctly. The new HDR calibration app in the Microsoft Store + this website LCD monitor test images and you can dial it in very well even without an external tool.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I turn on HDR when there's a game that uses it.

These QD-OLED displays have a high enough contrast ratio that you can get a full 0-255 brightness range without black crush even without maxing out the brightness even in HDR.

You just have to calibrate it correctly. The new HDR calibration app in the Microsoft Store + this website LCD monitor test images and you can dial it in very well even without an external tool.
what is the name of the app on MS store?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
what is the name of the app on MS store?
1692798596385.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
hmmm and that’s why you couldn’t see our pings in Battlefield

Hahhahahhaha!!!!

Mist Mist is that player in BF2042 you just follow and hope for the best. Most times I must admit it works out. The other times I am getting Mist up off the ground in some fucked up spot I have no business even attempting to res.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Hahhahahhaha!!!!

Mist Mist is that player in BF2042 you just follow and hope for the best. Most times I must admit it works out. The other times I am getting Mist up off the ground in some fucked up spot I have no business even attempting to res.
War Loop GIF by Xbox
quagmire GIF

Has anyone but Brahma Brahma gotten past 2nd base with Mist Mist ?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Burned my AW3423DWF in within 3.5 months doing excel stuff for most of the day. So I'm back to regular LCDs. And the exchange process with Dell is a fucking nightmare so I'm just eating it as a learning lesson.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Burned my AW3423DWF in within 3.5 months doing excel stuff for most of the day. So I'm back to regular LCDs. And the exchange process with Dell is a fucking nightmare so I'm just eating it as a learning lesson.
Hence why I went with the larger IPS instead of the OLED. Dell (LG) IPS panels are so good it's really hard to give up the combination of quality and features. I do really hope they solve OLED though because they are really nice looking.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hence why I went with the larger IPS instead of the OLED. Dell (LG) IPS panels are so good it's really hard to give up the combination of quality and features. I do really hope they solve OLED though because they are really nice looking.
I think I'm just waiting for micro LCD or whatever is the successor for that. The organic part of the OLED is the downfall of them if you're doing productivity stuff.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

MY LG CX TV is has a clearly superior picture to my LG IPS monitor, but I still don't trust OLED for my PC. Especially not when they're still a good deal more expensive to boot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dell's support is great, what?