Gaming Chairs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can anyone recommend a chair for those of us that like to sit with our feet in the chair?

I know I need alot of "depth" and I think maybe adjustable depth would be ideal.

I found a leap 1 for 30 krono on that madison place, thanks for recommending! <3

Feet on chair? What are you an Asian midget with an inactive pituitary gland?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Feet on chair? What are you an Asian midget with an inactive pituitary gland?
I'm a 200lbs 6'3" lbs american and I do this a lot. I only sit normally in public now, because I don't want to be assaulted to death with hurty words from people who aren't sitting educated. Most important part of squatting in chair is having a good lock on the base tilt, and the ability to swing the arms out extra or good padding, otherwise your thighs start to hurt from pressing on the arms.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think this one I got has adjustable armrests, and that thing where the seat shifts forward when you lean back. And metal legs so no more leg snappery.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
squatting in chair

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I'm a 200lbs 6'3" lbs american and I do this a lot. I only sit normally in public now, because I don't want to be assaulted to death with hurty words from people who aren't sitting educated. Most important part of squatting in chair is having a good lock on the base tilt, and the ability to swing the arms out extra or good padding, otherwise your thighs start to hurt from pressing on the arms.
lol I'd love to see a napkin sketch of what this looks like, or a photo if you're brave
are you actually in a standing squat in the seat of your chair? and if so, how do you fit at your size?

desk-squat-undo-damage-sitting.jpg

maybe this is what you need
Accessories — Ikaria Design Company
office-chair-that-lets-you-sit-cross-legged-thumb.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A got a VERTAGEAR from BestBuy about 3 years ago.

Love it and still in great shape. ( i don't have the RBG one, that's dumb)

I was 280lbs when i bought it so wanted a big boy chair. Worked well.

Late to the conversation, but I bought the PL-6000 chair a while back and it fucking sucked. I bought into the racing chair hype and it was firm as fuck, and crushed my tailbone after short periods of time. The base fucked up immediately as well with the tension crank so it just constantly leaned back to the max so easily.

My wife doesn't use the computer nearly as much as I do so I gave her the chair and got myself a Serta chair from Office Max/Depot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I've seen Madison Seating referenced earlier in this thread, so I figured I'd add this in case it's of help to anyone...

TLDR, don't give them any money.

2.5 yrs ago I bought a certified used Aeron from Madison seating for about $520.

My experience with the company was horrible. The chair came dusty, with some parts missing and some broken plastic pieces floating around in the shipping box.
I took pics of everything and sent an email to customer service within 30 mins of receiving and opening the box, and got zero support from customer service. Actually, they kinda scolded me for asking for their help just to replace a plastic knob that secures the armrest position, as it came broken upon delivery, and it took weeks of calls with multiple reps for anyone to send me the part - which I was then sent an invoice for (that went unpaid).

My experience with the Aeron is meh, but that could be because it's not a brand new unit. I find that the connection between base of the seat at the telescoping stem feels very wobbly, the armrests never stay at the position I set them to, even if I tighten the knobs to a ridiculous amount, and the backrest never feels in the right place. It's just not very comfortable, considering that it's so expensive and tops many lists.

I bought a size B, and I'm 6'1 190lb, so maybe I should have sized up. I duno. I've been wanting to get a new chair since the day this one delivered, but haven't been able to justify jumping out of a $500 sunk cost so soon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Based on your description it sounds like you just got a broken chair. My Aeron is rock solid and incredibly comfortable.

Seems like someone beat the crap out of that chair and then Madison Seating decided to sell it anyway.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've seen Madison Seating referenced earlier in this thread, so I figured I'd add this in case it's of help to anyone...

TLDR, don't give them any money.

2.5 yrs ago I bought a certified used Aeron from Madison seating for about $520.

My experience with the company was horrible. The chair came dusty, with some parts missing and some broken plastic pieces floating around in the shipping box.
I took pics of everything and sent an email to customer service within 30 mins of receiving and opening the box, and got zero support from customer service. Actually, they kinda scolded me for asking for their help just to replace a plastic knob that secures the armrest position, as it came broken upon delivery, and it took weeks of calls with multiple reps for anyone to send me the part - which I was then sent an invoice for (that went unpaid).

My experience with the Aeron is meh, but that could be because it's not a brand new unit. I find that the connection between base of the seat at the telescoping stem feels very wobbly, the armrests never stay at the position I set them to, even if I tighten the knobs to a ridiculous amount, and the backrest never feels in the right place. It's just not very comfortable, considering that it's so expensive and tops many lists.

I bought a size B, and I'm 6'1 190lb, so maybe I should have sized up. I duno. I've been wanting to get a new chair since the day this one delivered, but haven't been able to justify jumping out of a $500 sunk cost so soon.
My Mirra 2 by HM came in a similar state and I agree, the customer service from Madison was absolute shit. I ended up ordering a few things off Ebay to get the chair in good working order, but like yours it came dusty and dirty as all hell. Granted, it was half the price as new but it was still a $500 chair and a bit of a letdown. Certainly won't be buying from them again.

That said, the chair itself is excellent. I'm 6' 185lb and the Mirra 2 "B" seems to fit perfectly whereas the "Titan" I was using before just way too massive and felt designed for a fat ass American gamerbo.... wait.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My leap is pretty good. I wish it had a little more depth, but overall quite comfy. No squeak, armrests are well padded (and are really legrests for me). I have to kind of sit sideways in it but after a week of sitting in a wooden dining chair, it feels like fluffy clouds.

• 1Like

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
My finally giving out, so trying this one. Little more expensive but on sale so lets go.
Good choice. I've sat in it every day for a few months now and it has stood up well. Feels nice and broken in. Oh and I got these casters Amazon.com : Office chair wheels replacement rubber chair casters for hardwood floors and carpet, set of 5, heavy duty office chair ball casters for chairs to replace office chair mats - Universal fit : Office Products . Makes rolling on carpet so smooth.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
+1 on those wheels, have them on my chair

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Good choice. I've sat in it every day for a few months now and it has stood up well. Feels nice and broken in. Oh and I got these casters Amazon.com : Office chair wheels replacement rubber chair casters for hardwood floors and carpet, set of 5, heavy duty office chair ball casters for chairs to replace office chair mats - Universal fit : Office Products . Makes rolling on carpet so smooth.
you're doin god's work. I just changed out the stock wheels on my aeron for these and it feels like I'm ice skating... in a good way ;)

also nice to be up a bit higher in the chair, as I find I always max out the chair height and still feel like I'm low

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
As expected, Secret Labs tech drop today was the new Titan chairs 2022 version. They combined all the Omega, Titan and Titan XL features into 3 versions of a single chair which comes in small( think 100lb pussy chair soak n wet ), regular ( 220lb max ) and XL ( 195-395lb wt ).
It was redesigned to be lower and up to normal height, pillow and arm rests are magnetic for swap/easy movement and the lumbar in the back is now 4 way.
Available to order now. Still going to cost someone $500 though but for a 5 year warranty that is still a good deal imo.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
SecretLabs Titan is always the answer. Titan . Just got one (cloth) and it is by far the most well put together and comfortable chair I've ever owned.

So as I mentioned earlier I got this chair.

Here's the thing: I fucking love this chair. It's so comfortable, and it supports my back better than any other chair I've owned. It's still very well put together like it was the day it was bought.

HOWEVER, there is one, very very major drawback to this chair that is driving me crazy and that's the absolutely terrible, poor quality armrests.

They sqeek when moved, and the material is so bad that they crack on the inner area very often. I've had both of these left and right already replaced under warranty, and it's happened a 3rd time to the one on the right, and I feel the one on the left is already getting ready to fail. Their view is: This is normal wear and tear and isn't covered -- they were "nice" to give me two armrest replacements, but they won't give me any more.

The engineering on these armrests is a complete fail. It's a great chair overall, and I do highly recommend them. Just be aware, your armrests are going to be complete dogshit.

1626121984024.png

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So as I mentioned earlier I got this chair.

Here's the thing: I fucking love this chair. It's so comfortable, and it supports my back better than any other chair I've owned. It's still very well put together like it was the day it was bought.

HOWEVER, there is one, very very major drawback to this chair that is driving me crazy and that's the absolutely terrible, poor quality armrests.

They sqeek when moved, and the material is so bad that they crack on the inner area very often. I've had both of these left and right already replaced under warranty, and it's happened a 3rd time to the one on the right, and I feel the one on the left is already getting ready to fail. Their view is: This is normal wear and tear and isn't covered -- they were "nice" to give me two armrest replacements, but they won't give me any more.

The engineering on these armrests is a complete fail. It's a great chair overall, and I do highly recommend them. Just be aware, your armrests are going to be complete dogshit.

View attachment 362121
Mine did the same fucking thing. On both arm rests.

Last edited:

Kais

<Gold Donor>
How does the tilt lock work on the SecretLab chairs? Can you lock it partially back or is it like most chairs where it's all or nothing?