Gaming Chairs

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I'm not sure this is a relevant thread for this, but since I made it fuck you I say it is.

I was forced to move upstairs while the wife took the office during all the covid shit. That's okay, the upstairs is my home theater so it works. However, we have plush carpet up here and my titan chair would fuck it up rollnig on it.

I bought multiple floor mats, from polycarbonate to just thick/hard rubber and none of them worked well. The poly worked best but cracked within a month, including stupid shit 5+ year warranty ones. I had a bamboo one that was really great, but it kept moving on the carpet. I bought some vinyl ones and same problem, they didnt crack but would move around constantly.

Well, I found a fucking BOSS mat place. Expensive as fuck, but holy shit they work well. This mat has not budget a millimeter since getting it, and my chair and shit rolls on it fine. It does divot slightly if I stay in one spot for a long time, but still very easy to roll out of.

So I wanted to post here just to recommend if you needed a floor mat:

I got one of these with a beveled edge, 60x96 in size. It was over $450 but it's probably the last carpet floor mat I'm ever going to buy again or need again. Highly recommend this place too. I did have a little snag in ordering but they took care of it asap and during that process, I was surprised that when I called them a human answered the phone directly.

Oldbased

> Than U
I've had padded armrest covers on my Titan for 15 months, just took the cover off and they look new, probably protected by the pad. I linked it last year what I bought.
My issue with the armrests is yes they move, they feel like they slope outwards not in and most of all they do not go forward enough or in enough for my liking.
Being 4 way you would think you could make them comfortable. Even my old lazyboy chair with fixed rests was more comfortable.
I'm hoping with this new magnetic quick swap design they just released that we can affix them to the old chairs and they have a better option.
The chair itself is solid as fuck.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good choice. I've sat in it every day for a few months now and it has stood up well. Feels nice and broken in. Oh and I got these casters Amazon.com : Office chair wheels replacement rubber chair casters for hardwood floors and carpet, set of 5, heavy duty office chair ball casters for chairs to replace office chair mats - Universal fit : Office Products . Makes rolling on carpet so smooth.
How tall are you? Sitting on this thing for a week now and while I can get use to it everything is a little smaller then I need by about an inch. Arms narrow and base doesn't allow me to sit forward a little and lean back. I am 6 feet 180 for reference to anyone else looking at this chain.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
How tall are you? Sitting on this thing for a week now and while I can get use to it everything is a little smaller then I need by about an inch. Arms narrow and base doesn't allow me to sit forward a little and lean back. I am 6 feet 180 for reference to anyone else looking at this chain.

Wow that is surprising. I'm 5'10 190 and it fits me like a glove. I can lean back a little and put my head on the rest comfortably, and then i can lean forward and the seat back rises and clicks nicely. I see what you're saying by the arms being narrow but once I put my arms out to type or mouse, my arms rest pretty normally. Maybe play with the back adjustment some more?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Herman Miller has select chairs up to 65% off. I’m not sure if they do this often but some of the chairs are discounted $1000 off.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Don’t look like they are no longer discounted. It was a FB link. I know this chair was one of them but it’s regular price again.

Chair is on sale again but you got only 5 and a half hours left for it.

1B275F2D-5056-4EB8-84A1-946A36073B60.png

Herman Miller Aeron Blowout Office Chair Sale.
This site has them discounted also. If I didn’t have my Secret Labs I would snatch one up.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Might pick one of those up for the new home office and the new house. There's 1,000 different versions so maybe just picking the middle of the pack is the way to go.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Was on sale for $180

Pretty fancy for cheap chinese plastic.

Why do so many chairs have hard armrests instead of this:

20211113_150814 - Copy.jpg

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So as I mentioned earlier I got this chair.

Here's the thing: I fucking love this chair. It's so comfortable, and it supports my back better than any other chair I've owned. It's still very well put together like it was the day it was bought.

HOWEVER, there is one, very very major drawback to this chair that is driving me crazy and that's the absolutely terrible, poor quality armrests.

They sqeek when moved, and the material is so bad that they crack on the inner area very often. I've had both of these left and right already replaced under warranty, and it's happened a 3rd time to the one on the right, and I feel the one on the left is already getting ready to fail. Their view is: This is normal wear and tear and isn't covered -- they were "nice" to give me two armrest replacements, but they won't give me any more.

The engineering on these armrests is a complete fail. It's a great chair overall, and I do highly recommend them. Just be aware, your armrests are going to be complete dogshit.

View attachment 362121
Just to throw this out there I submitted a warranty claim due to my armrests doing the same thing and it looks like they're going to ship me some new ones. Might be worth shooting them a claim.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just to throw this out there I submitted a warranty claim due to my armrests doing the same thing and it looks like they're going to ship me some new ones. Might be worth shooting them a claim.
Lol yes I've done this twice and they sent them but they keep doing the same thing sadly. It's just the usual fake leather bullshit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All you gaming chair friends just need to bite the bullet and hop on the Herman Miller train.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
All you gaming chair friends just need to bite the bullet and hop on the Herman Miller train.
Would like to do the Embody, but don't think I can get that past my wife. They are top notch chairs