Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

Sean_sl

shitlord
Eh, Javik wasn't an "Online Pass" deal was it? Was pretty sure it was flat out $10 Day 1 DLC or "free" with the Collector's Edition.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
IIRC Online Pass was just for multiplayer/multiplayer dlc. All single player DLC had to purchased separately other than From Ashes which like Sean said, only came with Collectors Edition and the Deluxe Digital version.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Javik was meant to be the big "do not use Gamefly, do not buy used games" but ended up just pissing off actual customers more than it pissed off the non customers. The used gaming industry needs to be crushed because it does absolutely no good for anyone. I am saddened that Microsoft backing off their always-on DRM stance means that not only do publishers still get raked over the coals by PawnStop, but that console gaming will likely miss out on things like the Steam Summer Sale.

Having attended all the Mass Effect panels at PAX East this year I have to say I am glad that Bioware Prime is getting out of the Mass Effect business simply because they did not seem to understand exactly what it was that they had. The universe is probably much better off in the hands of the Montreal team.
No, it was just a fuck you cash grab from bioware/EA. Hell I didnt even get to see Javik at all since I didnt do that stupid ass side mission to at least put him on your ship.

ME3 is a cunt hair away from being in the category of worst games of all time. That cunt hair is Tucghunka.

spronk

FPS noob
if you pirated ME3 it was pretty good, plus you got the satisfaction of finishing the game, playing all the DLCs, realizing how shitty that ending was, but happy that bioware didn't get a dime from you for it. Then the CE statue of Darth Malgus stared at you to remind you why you pirated ME3 in the first place.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
All of the ME3 Map Packs are free. You can pay for equipment packs if you want to burn money, but that's it.
Good lord, don't do this. Download 'Cheatomatic' and you can have infinite money. There's no cheat detection or anything, takes a couple hours to unlock everything.

Edit: What universe do you live in where ME3 was the worst game of all time? ME3 was god damn sweet outside of that asian retard guy & the original ending. 90% good is better than 99% of the games that come out.

iannis

Musty Nester
It was an obvious and unapologetic cash grab. I'm sure that the marketing department went with the "this is a used game disincentive" because, hey, if someone had said that to them they'd probably believe it! They wanted to charge 10 extra dollars for the game but were afraid that it would impact sales so they tried (and completely failed) to be slick about it.

Customers are stupid, but they're not THAT stupid.

Can't really blame them for trying. But holy crap. Who in the hell actually thought that wasn't going to create a negative backlash? Day 1 purchased DLC? Car dealerships do that sort of shit.

And yes, I would download a fucking car if I could.

The whole thing is like Microsoft being amazed that people actually cared the Xbone is going to watch you masturbate. What, you mean people actually give a shit about that? Who knew! There is a serious disconnect somewhere in the chain of engineering, production, and marketing. Like someone in an important decision making position with the company is straight up potatoretarded.

And nah, ME3 wasn't the worst game of all time. It wasn't as good as ME1 or even ME2, but it wasn't like DA2 bad.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Good lord, don't do this. Download 'Cheatomatic' and you can have infinite money. There's no cheat detection or anything, takes a couple hours to unlock everything.

Edit: What universe do you live in where ME3 was the worst game of all time? ME3 was god damn sweet outside of that asian retard guy & the original ending. 90% good is better than 99% of the games that come out.
The universe I paid $60 for that pile of shit.

I don't think some of you understand how big of a fuck you me3 was.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The universe I paid $60 for that pile of shit.

I don't think some of you understand how big of a fuck you me3 was.
Thankfully I'm pretty sure most people here do understand how big a fuck you it was. Frankly, I think it was the biggest "fuck you" I've ever experienced in gaming.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
ME3 was a buddy of yours who would help you move and lend you money. A real great guy. Then you to come home early from work and find him banging your wife. He also refused to acknowledge what he did was bad and can't see why you have a problem with it.

Also he gave your family AIDS

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In the years before ME3 was released I saw hundreds of theories on how it was goign to end and how Cmdr. Shepherd was going to do the impossible. In those theories were some of the dumbest, inane, illogical and useless trains of thought.

All of them were better than what we got.

khalid

Unelected Mod
True.

At the same time, the ME3 experience up until the end was fucking golden. I was completely immersed and loved facing the end of the world with my old "friends". The ending was bad, but the free "expanded ending" at least made it make some sense and was good enough for me.

As far as all the complaints about Javis dlc, while that is all true, the ME3 multiplayer was incredibly fun and completely free. I still have ME3 installed just to hop in the multiplayer every once in awhile. Also, it had the Citadel dlc which was fucking awesome and hilarious. A real love letter to the fans.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Where is Gavinrad to tell you all how wrong you are and ME3 was the best game of the year?

Sean_sl

shitlord
True.

At the same time, the ME3 experience up until the end was fucking golden. I was completely immersed and loved facing the end of the world with my old "friends". The ending was bad, but the free "expanded ending" at least made it make some sense and was good enough for me.
I disagree with that greatly. ME3 was certainly not pure gold up until the end. There was a ton of weak shit and some absolutely atrocious crap - like EVERY SINGLE SCENE with Kai Leng. Every single fucking bit of that character was some of the stupidest and worst shit that I have ever seen in any form of media ever.

khalid

Unelected Mod
like EVERY SINGLE SCENE with Kai Leng.
I thought he was lame too, but at the same time was completely blown away by everything else to the point that Kai Leng being kind of silly didn't matter. Take thessia for example. Landing there and seeing how Thessia is getting wrecked, Liara all torn up, the great fight scenes up to the temple, finding out the Asari culture had been based on prothean shit, Liara's devastation after you leave. All awesome shit.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
True.

As far as all the complaints about Javis dlc, while that is all true, the ME3 multiplayer was incredibly fun and completely free. I still have ME3 installed just to hop in the multiplayer every once in awhile. Also, it had the Citadel dlc which was fucking awesome and hilarious. A real love letter to the fans.
As someone who didn't play me2 until 3 was already out and purchased 3 for $5 or $7 after the "expanded ending", I loved me3 just as much as me2. Didn't have to experience all the hate with the ending because I only saw the improved ending. And the multiplayer was the icing on the cake. I tried it out for the first time not expecting much and ended up loving it and putting just as many hours as the campaign into it. The multiplayer was nearly a separately sold game, so to get all of that for 5 or 7 bucks, it doesn't get much better than that.

I love the ME universe and look forward to the next installment.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I disagree with that greatly. ME3 was certainly not pure gold up until the end. There was a ton of weak shit and some absolutely atrocious crap - like EVERY SINGLE SCENE with Kai Leng. Every single fucking bit of that character was some of the stupidest and worst shit that I have ever seen in any form of media ever.
rrr_img_49323.jpg

I don't even. Is it still Origin only? Can't find ME3 on steam :S

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
As someone who didn't play me2 until 3 was already out and purchased 3 for $5 or $7 after the "expanded ending", I loved me3 just as much as me2. Didn't have to experience all the hate with the ending because I only saw the improved ending. And the multiplayer was the icing on the cake. I tried it out for the first time not expecting much and ended up loving it and putting just as many hours as the campaign into it. The multiplayer was nearly a separately sold game, so to get all of that for 5 or 7 bucks, it doesn't get much better than that.

I love the ME universe and look forward to the next installment.
I had a similar experience.

About a month ago I finally bought and played through all three ME games, having never even heard anything about the characters, story, etc. beforehand. I purposely avoided any and all information about the games so as not to spoil the story. All I knew was that it was a sci-fi setting and had RPG elements. I had an absolute blast with all 3 games and when I finally finished ME3 and started reading about it, I was surprised to see people disliking it.

I think coming into it so late helped me enjoy it more because I avoided the bitterness that went with the initial launch and bullshit that EA likes to pull.