Gemini Man (2019)

elidib

Vyemm Raider
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Gemini Man (2019)

Genre: Action, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Ang Lee

Cast: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong, Linda Emond, Theodora Miranne, Justin James Boykin, Alexandra Szucs

Release: 2019-10-09

Plot: Henry Brogen, an aging assassin tries to get out of the business but finds himself in the ultimate battle: fighting his own clone who is 25 years younger than him and at the peak of his abilities.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
When did Will Smith start taking Nicolas Cage quality movies?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The only person on Earth that should be doing movie like this is Arnold Swarzewakandan... or Jackie Chan if it’s a comedy action flick...

As long as it doesn’t get a “complete shit like that one starring his kid” on here I will watch it if it comes out on Netflix

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As soon as he thought he was too good to do sequels to shit that made him famous. Turning down Independence Day 2 and waiting 15 years for Bad Boys 3, and that stupid movie he did with his son trying to launch that fucked up kids career. He hasn't had a good movie in like 10 years. Although I did like Bright.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Blight was awesome, it wasn’t perfect by a long shot but the potential is there for some amazing story telling... I also have a hardon for anything Shadowrun-esque (cyberpunk in general but combined with magic in a non-cheesy way **shiver**) so I was deeply biased.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The de-aging in the trailer is creepy. Reminds me a lot of Looper.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
When did Will Smith start taking Nicolas Cage quality movies?
When he said "I'll never ever do SF again since my movie with my son was such a flop."

Then the bills started to hit and he needed money again.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus that's terrible. I haven't seen it in since it came out so I'm probably wrong and just remembering the nostalgia, but I feel like that Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie might have felt more realistic.

Kind of sad how almost anything he stars in, I'm immediately skeptical. There was a time when a Will Smith movie was almost guaranteed to be at least 2 hours of good fun.

spronk

FPS noob
he's the anti Keanu Reeves at this point, any movie he is in pretty much sucks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sure, let Ang Lee do another heavily CGI movie again, let's not learn from past mistakes

why does will shit look younger here than the fresh prince? i mean wtf
fresh-prince.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the first part of the trailer, with young will talking while the camera is panning around his profile... it looked like some deepfake.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You have to assume the CGI in the trailer will be improved in the movie, but holy shit that is some of the worst. That motorcycle falling off the wall bit could have been done better by a high school kid, not even mentioning ALL the Fresh Prince facial nightmares.

I get this arrogant - I am so awesome the only thing good enough to fight me is me because I am Will Smith vibe - both from the script (obviously) and from Smith ALWAYS. There is no way this isn't going to fail, and fail hard.

Looper was brilliant - with one of the best endings ever for a time loop movie (a never ending circle, round and round...........so I ended it). This will be shit.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database