Gen V

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I keep hearing this but I'm unaware of what he produced beyond The Boys and supernatural.
What else has he done that I should take a look at?

I should say, I very much like The Boys, even though its kind of been limping a bit into each season outside of a few outstanding elements.
Supernatural I never payed much attention but I did catch a few glimpses here and there and it never really captured my attention.
It's honestly just those two that have any real fame and Supernatural fans are about as crazy obsessed as it comes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's honestly just those two that have any real fame and Supernatural fans are about as crazy obsessed as it comes.
yeah, i don't know him from anything else. but he was only the show runner for the first 5 seasons of supernatural. i'm unashamed about loving that show and all it's ups and downs, but kripke had a very specific vision of supernatural from the get go and that was the 5 season arc. it was a GREAT story arc that showed he had a vision from beginning to end. he left after the arc was done, even though the show went on for another decade specifically because his vision was 5 seasons and creatively didn't want to just keep doing the show. obviously he gave his blessing for things to continue on without him because it was a good paycheck for a lot of people, but there wasn't anything else he wanted to say with the characters so he left.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I keep hearing this but I'm unaware of what he produced beyond The Boys and supernatural.
What else has he done that I should take a look at?
Revolution is great so far, I'm watching the first season right now. Eric Kripke, JJ Abrams, Jon Favreau, Rockne S. O'Bannon producing. Mostly no name cast but Giancarlo Esposito in one of his usual complex villain roles and sci-fi queen Elizabeth Mitchell as one of the main characters. Not sure why the show didn't take off, I think maybe just not that many people were watching traditional television in the early 2010s.

Timeless was an Eric Kripke show too, I have only watched a little of it, but what I've seen is good.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Episode 4 is staying solid, I figured Emma/Cricket was just like Ant man

• 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Tek Knight gag gave me a good chuckle.
They keep doing a good job of re-working things from the source material. Tek night in the comics was basically iron man but had the same affliction as this show.

End of this episode did a good job of making me interested in where the season is going.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I get tired of so much weird sex shit. Its in every single episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Outside of just vile, gross shit, there isnt much TV can do for shock value anymore. It gets the old folks riled up, but I personally just dont want to see the shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I just don't get why you can show cock and balls but not a single set of titties. We should go back to the 90s.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I just don't get why you can show cock and balls but not a single set of titties. We should go back to the 90s.
Right?
Also... is penis that much funnier than vagina? We've had a cock punch in the first episode, then the one scene with the girl being tiny on the penis and then a penis blowing up. I might be missing more... but there are 0 visual jokes involving vaginas.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
It cause of muh sexism. Chicks had to show their tits for decades now it's the dudes turn to get his cock out.

Animosity

The episode starting off with a girl cumming from a blow hole on her back was not on my bingo card.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The episode starting off with a girl cumming from a blow hole on her back was not on my bingo card.
Just another shock factor. I liked my imagination a lot better - I thought it was gonna be some version of this dude in this universe:
1697405954945.jpeg

Im unsure how I felt about the latest episode. As on one hand, it felt a lot like it was a filler episode. As the loss in memory happened and was solved within the same episode. But at the same time, I know that without that single episode plot - that we wouldnt know the chick, (Kate?), was two faced and all the blame that was on the sexual pervert guy (Rufus?) was misplaced.

What really has me for a trip is that Kate and Rufus' seem to have the same power. But yet we've only seen Rufus black people out, to the point where they cant remember anything. Where Kate, we can see her make people black out, forget what they did, and "push" them to do things they wouldnt do normally. So in the show, when Kate says that Rufus had her in bed recording her - that he threatened her with another wipe. When asked further, she said that she went along with it because she was already on camera complying to his wishes. Was that just a bold face lie and Rufus cant do that, or could he and the show is just never really showed Rufus' true powers?

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
So in the show, when Kate says that Rufus had her in bed recording her - that he threatened her with another wipe. When asked further, she said that she went along with it because she was already on camera complying to his wishes. Was that just a bold face lie and Rufus cant do that, or could he and the show is just never really showed Rufus' true powers?

He says he never touched any of them, so it's possible that entire interaction was a lie. It seems implausible in any case - blackmail is not very practical against a mind-controller

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This show to me feels like a janky bootleg version of The Boys trying way too hard with characters I give zero shits about.

• 1Like

Homsar

This show to me feels like a janky bootleg version of The Boys trying way too hard with characters I give zero shits about.
The story is good but the characters you just don't really care about. I don't know how to explain it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

kinda weird, that means you will need to watch both shows to make sense of each other. soldier boy felt kinda wasted but it was a hilarious scene

show is ok, annoying at times like the sex scenes heavily emasculate the dude but thats probably the world for kids now anyways. all the virus stuff is dipping heavy into midichlorian territory, i think this kinda show starts working a lot less if you try to explore too much how superpowers work

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This confused me a bit. I am trying to figure out what super power involves having a hole in your back. I guess her super power could be cum goo, but why is the hole in the back and not the front? Is it some defense attack that makes it difficult to come up behind her? If so, wouldn't she have to not have any kind of top on, as to not impede flow?

Gen V is actually using every episode to show some twisted version of sex. Even The Boys did not do that every episode. The show is fine enough that I honestly could care less about the WTF sex scenes. I am shocked that we have not seen "TENDIXX" yet.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The show might be good if any of the kids were likable in any way. There are plenty of shit supes in the Boys Universe so having worthless powered Supes is on brand but goddamn they could put a little effort into the show.