General Discussion

Mur

Trakanon Raider
OhOhOhFace.jpeg

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Grumpus Grumpus Its not permanent but.......... You can go into your INI and change held items to look like their classic counterparts and same with spells or anything else. Look for the file equipment-01.eqg and just move it somewhere else inside your EQ folder. Same goes for spell effects - Launch EQ and don't push play. Rename the 2 files spellsnew.edd & spellsnew.eff or move them where you put the equipment file. Now you can push play on patcher and have old spell effects.

**Warning - Everytime you patch you will need to do this, the patch process will overwrite or patch those files in**

Only YOU can see the changes and not others but I did it for my sanity.

I have been trying to fix the book graphic but it doesnt seem to be working.

If i'm reading this post correctly I remove the equipment-01.eqq file and it should change?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah but you can't patch, I just renamed it after the patcher ran then opened EQ. One of the book graphics is always going to be an odd color tan though. You can also bypass the patcher (which is better) and only patch and have to fix the textures every patch. I edited some websites instructions below to be an easier way.

On these TLP's its not common buts its happened that the launcher goes down. We always recommended to our raiders to have this on their desktop anyway.
  1. First browse to your EverQuest directory.
  2. Right click "eqgame.exe".
  3. Create a shortcut of "eqgame.exe" and send it to your Desktop
  4. The icon will be named "Shortcut to eqgame"
  5. Right click shortcut, and select "Properties"
  6. In the properties window, you should be on the Shortcut tab. In the target field you should see the path that leads to your eqgame.ext within quotations. Click on this field and add the following text after eqgame.exe: patchme
  7. Click Apply, click OK.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sneeto

Golden Squire
You guys open for most to join the guild? Few of us are gonna play but we cant commit a ton. We know our EQ tho! I wouldn't call us casuals, but def not hardcore. Prob take us like 2 weeks to hit 50.

Marck Emarck will be playing with us, if anyone knew him from LoS. The rest of us were in the lesser guilds on Nameless aka anything not LoS.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. I somehow had set 2 IPs on the same wireless adapter, and that was causing issues. Not anywhere else, but for EQ it sure was. \

So, over last couple days I've logged into EQ on Phinny, and have had terrible packet loss and ping? To the point I can't move because the rubber banding is just so bad. I've never had this problem before with EQ, and I've not changed network hardware since the last time I was on EQ, so I don't know what it could be.

500+ ping, and I start dropping packets quite a bit. Googlefu isn't working because I couldn't find the server IP for phinigel to run a tracert. Does EQ for some reason have a problem with 5ghz wireless? I can't imagine, but that might be the only difference from the last time I played just fine.

Last edited:

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Does Faceless have some european players? I know I will end up playing this, but not sure if there is any point in joining you guys.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Does Faceless have some european players? I know I will end up playing this, but not sure if there is any point in joining you guys.

Yeah we've got some europeans, some aussies and about six players in Japan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's the consensus on how fast things are going to level? Trying to get an idea of what would be considered staying "ahead of the curve".

By the night of the 24th, peeps probably be around 20'ish? 40 by end of Thursday, and then easily 50 by Friday? That's of course hard core, so what kinda time frame do you think the masses will be on?

Sterling

El Presidente
So what's the consensus on how fast things are going to level? Trying to get an idea of what would be considered staying "ahead of the curve".

By the night of the 24th, peeps probably be around 20'ish? 40 by end of Thursday, and then easily 50 by Friday? That's of course hard core, so what kinda time frame do you think the masses will be on?
Sort of depends on exactly what the xp rate is. They said it would be most like ragefire/LJ rates, but does that mean it's like 60 percent of the difference between RF/LJ and Phinny or is it actually legit Ragefire xp rate. Also getting to 50 might depend a bit on taking some time in the 40s to kill Phinigel etc.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also as a thing would people be interested in a TLP Classic wizard write up? It's what I play on Phinny and thought it might be kind of useful for people that decide to play one.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Fuck. Have an all day conference I need to go to at the National Academies on the 25th I can't get out of. Need a full 8 hrs of sleep so I don't pass out

kudos

<Banned>
Also as a thing would people be interested in a TLP Classic wizard write up? It's what I play on Phinny and thought it might be kind of useful for people that decide to play one.

Yes, please. I am playing a wizard this time.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Need a place to farm plat on a level 50 naked druid

Im trying ice giants in Everfrost right now since I figure they might be under camped as a fresh 50. At 48 right now naked on a druid it takes 1 whole bar of mana to kill 1 giant. Is there a better place that wont be crowded?

Sterling

El Presidente
Need a place to farm plat on a level 50 naked druid

Im trying ice giants in Everfrost right now since I figure they might be under camped as a fresh 50. At 48 right now naked on a druid it takes 1 whole bar of mana to kill 1 giant. Is there a better place that wont be crowded?
You'll have to fight for ice giants.