General Gaming News and Discussion

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much have you spent on pc games and figurines in the past decade???
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

God, I'm afraid to do the math.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best Buy tracks your total money spent with your employee discount over the lifetime of your employment. In the 7 years I worked for Geek Squad, I spent around $30k. That is around $4300 a year, but included basically every gift I got for anyone and a few major appliance purchases. I definitely spend significantly less than that now, and make significantly more. My 42" OLED has been my only real splurge in a long time, but I've got a new PC build coming this year or next.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Best Buy tracks your total money spent with your employee discount over the lifetime of your employment. In the 7 years I worked for Geek Squad, I spent around $30k. That is around $4300 a year, but included basically every gift I got for anyone and a few major appliance purchases. I definitely spend significantly less than that now, and make significantly more. My 42" OLED has been my only real splurge in a long time, but I've got a new PC build coming this year or next.

It's really easy to spend a lot at Best Buy over time. Every Black Friday I either get a new TV, a new laptop, or like 8 games from them. Rotated TVs in 2008, 2011, 2015, 2017, and 2021. 5 laptops in the same timeframe. The big "game splurge" years were 2012, 2016, 2020. Yeah, I don't think there's been a year where Best Buy didn't make out like a bandit from me on Black Friday.

Swedish Kronor, so right around 57m.

These gaming "journalists" are a fucking embarrassment to an already contemptible profession.

Friend of mine believes all kinds of whacked-out blueanon propaganda and for a long time I wasn't sure why because he doesn't watch news networks. Then I found out he spends a lot of time on Kotaku and Polygon and realized he gets his information on politics from game journalists.

God help us.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Did you just say 10-15k????????????

Yeah. I have some entire sets of out of print stuff like Descent (both editions) that has appreciated in value, while having been many hundreds of dollars to begin with. Kingdom Death on its own could probably fetch $2k with what I currently have, likely $4.5k or so once it’s fully shipped (if ever).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Lower than I thought. I probably have half that amount in GOG/EPIC/etc and don't want to even think what I've spent in consoles over my lifetime.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-04 135708.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-04 135708.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 35

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What is the difference between total spend and old spend? I’m at 4200 and 2200 respectively.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$423 since opening steam account 18 years ago. Ya'll are addicts, lol.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
$423 since opening steam account 18 years ago. Ya'll are addicts, lol.
$23 a year isn't even a hobby.

Someone who spends less than $200 a year is an addict? Cheapest addiction in the world.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$23 a year isn't even a hobby.

Someone who spends less than $200 a year is an addict? Cheapest addiction in the world.

**Shrug** seems to me that $6,500 spent on games is a lot. But, its all relative. I've spent a ton more than that on guns.

So, fair play; we all have our hobbies and interests.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
**Shrug** seems to me that $6,500 spent on games is a lot. But, its all relative. I've spent a ton more than that on guns.

So, fair play; we all have our hobbies and interests.
$6500 over 18 years is $542 a year. People spend double to triple that on coffee. It's really nothing.

Also for a lot of people, that number isn't actually accurate. It's going to show full price for shit you got through humble bundle and the like, because it has no idea what you actually paid for it since you just entered a key.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$6500 over 18 years is $542 a year. People spend double to triple that on coffee. It's really nothing.

Also for a lot of people, that number isn't actually accurate. It's going to show full price for shit you got through humble bundle and the like, because it has no idea what you actually paid for it since you just entered a key.
Or just the overall amount people spend on subscriptions or in-game purchases.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I dont even know how this is possible, especially because I've spent at least a couple hundred bucks gifting games to friends.
Is this really the total spend across my account lifespan?
1675615301208.png

1675615357661.png

My "Purchase History" record on Steam only goes back to Dec 2009, so I wonder if that's as far back as the records go...

I will say that Gamepass has taken over most of my PC gaming for the past year or two.
I haven't really bought much on steam, and most of what I have bought is relatively low priced indie stuff.