General Gaming News and Discussion

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Haven’t EULAs been pretty consistently shot down when actually brought to court?
Only to the extent that they prevent the users from doing things. I don't see how you could stop a company from discontinuing a product unless they had explicitly made a promise not to do so. The fact that the warning is in the EULA isn't particularly material.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 16-10-10 edaw's Steam Badge Years of Service.png

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 16-10-22 Account Data.png

:rolleyes:

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Let's face it, most of us were playing MMOs and pirating most of our games so the numbers are mostly low...

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
$6500 over 18 years is $542 a year. People spend double to triple that on coffee. It's really nothing.

Also for a lot of people, that number isn't actually accurate. It's going to show full price for shit you got through humble bundle and the like, because it has no idea what you actually paid for it since you just entered a key.

Krismunich never actually specified what timeframe their $6500 was spent over. You just conflated that with Burren noting he spent X amount over 18 years.

Anyway here's mine:

1675659276718.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wow, GW2 and swtor destroyed me playing other games. I could break out my 360 right now and spend two years playing games I missed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol and you people made fun of me for buying a 4080 FE that I can actually resell some day, with money I got from reselling my 3080 FE for nearly 70% of what I paid for it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Demo of the new Theatrhythm is out and it's pretty good. Base game is going to have over 300 songs.

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
lol and you people made fun of me for buying a 4080 FE that I can actually resell some day, with money I got from reselling my 3080 FE for nearly 70% of what I paid for it.
let's be real, they'd have found another reason

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Weird question here. Got a $10 gift card from Best Buy when I preordered Hogwarts. No idea why. Is this a regular thing they do, give gift cards for preorders?

Cause today I went over there and preordered Like A Dragon and FF16 and no gift cards were dispensed. The guy who rang me up was like a full-on numbnut though so he might have just forgotten or missed it.

Just wondering if I was supposed to get $20 more in gift cards and didn't. I haven't used the first one yet but $30 of gift cards for preordering stuff I was gonna get anyway would be a nice lil bonus.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Weird question here. Got a $10 gift card from Best Buy when I preordered Hogwarts. No idea why. Is this a regular thing they do, give gift cards for preorders?

Cause today I went over there and preordered Like A Dragon and FF16 and no gift cards were dispensed. The guy who rang me up was like a full-on numbnut though so he might have just forgotten or missed it.

Just wondering if I was supposed to get $20 more in gift cards and didn't. I haven't used the first one yet but $30 of gift cards for preordering stuff I was gonna get anyway would be a nice lil bonus.
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 18-11-09 Exclusive Pre-Order Bonuses - Best Buy.png

Only certain titles

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao my total spent on that is $7K USD, fucking DOTA and CSGO over the past 10+ years

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 2.40.23 PM.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This deserves to be posted not just in the gay british kids wizard school thread.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Much like Dunkey, I refuse to play anything that was made by anyone with views that are disagreeable in the year 2023. I had to go all the way back to Pong which is what I'm working on now. I tried Donkey Kong and Pac-Man but even that wasn't far back enough. Donkey Kong has an ape in it, which might be racist, and the Damsel In Distress Trope. And Pac-Man? Where to start? Gendered title, the ghosts may represent Klansmen, no female representation. We need to go back and take an honest and modernized look at all of the classics. Super Mario BROTHERS? Big yikes.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Much like Dunkey, I refuse to play anything that was made by anyone with views that are disagreeable in the year 2023. I had to go all the way back to Pong which is what I'm working on now. I tried Donkey Kong and Pac-Man but even that wasn't far back enough. Donkey Kong has an ape in it, which might be racist, and the Damsel In Distress Trope. And Pac-Man? Where to start? Gendered title, the ghosts may represent Klansmen, no female representation. We need to go back and take an honest and modernized look at all of the classics. Super Mario BROTHERS? Big yikes.
'What do you mean I can only play a white player?'

Pong is super racist dude.

• 1Worf