General Gaming News and Discussion

Randin

Trakanon Raider
From postings elsewhere, it's sounding like the Ubisoft thing was a swatting. No actual hostages.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

tangentially political and we dont have a general gaming news thread. God knows if a western company/consortium ever stepped in to try and buy Tencent, the chinazis would just say 'no you cant buy our company'. Also I might kill myself if this isn't just wild speculation and Tencent actually acquired Take-Two.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't really care if anyone buys EA, they are a dumpster fire so pouring more gasoline on that can't really make it worse. Oh no, Madden 22 will have chinese spyware. all they'll learn is american kids are retards, which is not a state secret

Buying Take two would really suck though, afaik they own Rockstar - GTA / RDR. Grand Theft Auto Shanghai would be hilarious though, finally a Sleeping Dogs 2

joz123

Potato del Grande
No Way Disbelief GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
D4 hasn't been that long, it was only announced late 2019. I wouldn't expect it to release in 2022 either.
Starfield 2018 I think? But since we know and have seen nothing of it I have to assume it's years off. ES5 even more so.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
D4 hasn't been that long, it was only announced late 2019. I wouldn't expect it to release in 2022 either.
Starfield 2018 I think? But since we know and have seen nothing of it I have to assume it's years off. ES5 even more so.
Eh, Bethesda's MO is radio silence until a game's ~six months out from release--honestly, that they did any sort of announcement so far out is more unusual for them than the fact that we haven't heard much since then. Wouldn't be utterly shocked if, now that next-gen is now out on the market, they actually properly show off Starfield some time this year.

TES5, yeah, that one's miles off.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Funcom is going ham with job listings, probably for their new game Dune. 64 open positions.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
homefront 2 has a secret copy of Timesplitters 2 4K remastered in it, the code to play has apparently been unlocked after the dev lost it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
homefront 2 has a secret copy of Timesplitters 2 4K remastered in it, the code to play has apparently been unlocked after the dev lost it

Holy shit, I used to love the fuck out of that game.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Still waiting for a re-make of Singularity on PS3. That game was awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user