General Gaming News and Discussion

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah I know, it was just kind of fun here when we would have an E3 thread and make fun of some of the stuff they actually thought was a good idea. Tons of laughs.

Yeah, having them as an event is fun. E3 is a cancer though and I won't miss it at all

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Where will we get all of our fake trailers that show no real gameplay now?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No cringy Ubisoft show makes me sad. They make the best cringe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We'll still get Devolver and see the continuation of Nina FUCKING Struthers!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
E3 has been dying for a while now, for reasons that have nothing to do with the ease of internet video.

That said, Keanu popping out into the middle of your livestream doesn't have the same impact.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've been using inverted mouse setting since '97 and for some reason I decided to try learning to do without it a few days ago and it's turning out to be easier than I ever thought it would be.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
ny3msudf9ho41.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've heard of others using inverted mouse. Never even knew it was a thing people did

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've heard of others using inverted mouse. Never even knew it was a thing people did
iu

It just felt right back then. Pull back to pull your character's head back, push forward to lean forward etc... That plus using mouse2 for forward (didn't last too long) made me quite the freak among the Quake communities I was a part of.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve always done inverted mouse and Y axis for controllers. It comes from the Commodore 64 days. Some airplane game we used to play, the flight stick was inverted, has always felt right to me.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I used to play with inverted mouse because it made the most "sense" back when I started since before FPS games I played a lot more flying simulators and stuff(Commanche and F-some number and X-wing vs Tie Fighter and so on). However I don't remember which FPS but one of them didn't have inverted mouse as an option, might not even have been a FPS maybe something like Morrowind or whatever I don't remember and I wanted to play the game so bad I just played without and from that point on I just stopped using inverted in case there were more games without it. Nowadays you can just set it up with a 3rd party and pretty much every game has inverted but still using "normal" stuff.

It's like how when I started playing FPS games I used the arrow keys instead of WASD, because back then there weren't too many keys anyway and it felt more natural to use arrow keys. Not sure when I switched off that, maybe CS, maybe before.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
One of the hardest transitions I ever did was inverted to non-inverted mouse. Like others said, I started on it early. my FPS experience started with Doom 2 and only using the keyboard (since you couldn't look up and down anyway). Then eventually into games which DID have mlook, like Duke3d/Shadow warrior, but it wasn't until Quake1 with KB only that I got convinced to try mouse, but used inverted. It wasn't until pubg where I made the change to non-inverted when certain times fighting recoil inverted was just too difficult. It got me in a LOT of trouble for a while though, kept trying to control recoil and aimed even higher. Woops.

Now i'm used to it and it just feels natural.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I used inverted as my first PC games were TIE Fighter and X-Wing. I only made the switch a few years ago. Still use inverted for anything 3rd person though.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
why? there is nobody competent left at Bioware, i present to you exhibit #1

51gPM0FzX1L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

and exhibit #2

1541435128-anthem-the-game.jpg

all I really want at this point is a Mass Effect trilogy remaster, hopefully they outsource it and tell them to make the exact same game just make it run on current systems and bundle all the DLCs into one package. Then EA can shut down Bioware.

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
There are so many avenues that they could have taken the ME universe. Instead, they decided to take us to Andromeda with Boring McAssFace and his sister, ShitStick McAssFace.

I might've gotten the names a little wrong, BTW.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The virus has been good for Steam. They've been breaking their concurrent users record every single day, with increments of a million more roughly each week. Up to 23 million now.