<Silver Donator>
This is gonna rock..
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I would say it is safe to stay away from Dragon Age 4. :p Which shouldn't shock anyone anyway.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I do not understand how people do not realize there is massive hatred for NFTs. I know corporate types are out of touch and tone deaf but it’s a cacophony of hatred anytime NFTs are mentioned anywhere. They have to see this shit right?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I do not understand how people do not realize there is massive hatred for NFTs. I know corporate types are out of touch and tone deaf but it’s a cacophony of hatred anytime NFTs are mentioned anywhere. They have to see this shit right?
1) msm wont shut the fuck up about the "metaverse"
2) they all think its going to be the next lootbox/cosmetic so need to cash in on it

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
1) msm wont shut the fuck up about the "metaverse"
2) they all think its going to be the next lootbox/cosmetic so need to cash in on it
It's the next "Second Life"!!! Remember how much money everyone made from that?@!

Seriously, fuck these ponzi scheme scammers. I get they're in business to make money and I defend that but its an exchange of value not an attempt to extract as much money from "customers" as possible, Horse Armor Peddlers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well AladainAF AladainAF will probably get rich as fuck off of Second Life 2, but everyone else hates it.

Dude even I'm not touching facebooks retarded thing. Nothing the MSM is talking about here is any different than how they approached SL in 2003-2006. They just *forgot* about SL.

spronk

FPS noob

everyone says they hate microtransactions but in 2021 it pulled in like $5 billion between COD, fortnite, genshin impact, Ubisoft games, GTA 5 Online, etc. orders of magnitude more than every other kind of game.

the only real hope I have is that eventually things go on tilt, if everything is battlepass'd and microtransaction and GAASed out the ass then there will (hopefully) be a huge demand for simple, short, single player games. It happened a few years ago with all the loot box shit but we're back on the train again. The only game I really liked in 2021 was Guardians of the Galaxy, a real throwback to the kind of game hardly anyone makes anymore.

• 3Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is just a silent majority of dead-in-the-head drones that will go along with whatever these companies put out there.

I'm real-life friends with a bunch of guys that ACTUALLY LIKE loot boxes, wheels spins, and cosmetics. It baffles and frustrates me, but they gobble that shit up all day. They are all middle aged, full time job, type of guys without a lot of other life-obligations. They generally play in 1 or 2 franchises a year (Call of Duty, etc) and always look forward to buying the next version when it comes out. They dump hundreds into microtransactions, knowing that it will all go away with the next yearly version of the game and they don't care. They pre-order digital copies of games, they sign up for the season passes, and they splurge on the higher end cosmetics. "A new $30 cosmetic suit in a game that costs $60? Sure, sign me up!" But the insane thing is that this flippant, "here's my wallet!" mentality in a digital game does not cross over into real life at all. These cheap fucks are frugal as shit when it comes to the real world.

While they are "Gamers", they are mostly ignorant to the industry as a whole. They don't listen to podcasts or frequent gaming websites. They just stay in their own little universe created by the franchises they play. So when I try to explain how microtransactions, loot boxes, and cosmetics are ruining the industry, they look at me like, "get a life dude".

So will NFT's work? I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. You already have these Tards conditioned to getting out their wallets and paying you for dumb shit. NFT's potentially have the resale value thing going for them, which will seem like an even better value proposition to most. This is the world we live in now and it fucking sucks.

• 3Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Reasonably priced Season Passes I will buy if I'm playing the game a shit ton, but I never buy cosmetics from the shop or anything like that. But I'm the type of person who puts a shit ton of time into 1 game, so to me if I'm putting in hundreds or thousands of hours, $10 for a season pass is like whatever. Individual cosmetics though, the prices are just unjustifiable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I bought a lot of cosmetics for one game (Marvel Heroes) and do not regret it even slightly, but it's the only game I've ever bought cosmetics for and it will remain the only one.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I could give 2 fucking shits about cosmetics and only "equip" shit that is free.

QOL stuff I'm a total fucking consumer whore for though. A bot that allows me to view the auction house from anywhere?! TAKE MY $20!!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ha! The past 3 posts describe exactly how the industry can get away with it. Each transaction has its own niche of gamers who are willing to pay for it, while each niche laments it as a whole.

I'm guilty of it too, we probably all are to some extent.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity