General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Activision's shooter primarily sold on PlayStation platforms, with PS5 accounting for 41% of sales, PS4 29%, Xbox One 19% and Xbox Series X and S 11% from this article .

How many of these Playstation COD fan will switch if it becomes no longer available on the platform, is MS willing to lose 70% of it's sale to test it?

That is in the UK. Playstation is bigger there. Id imagine more people play COD on Xbox in the US.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
The COD thing is weird though because Halo is supposed to beat/be equal to COD. It's a bit baffling to have COD and Halo as your FPS superstars, but I guess it can make more sense if you split COD into Warzone, zombies, and whatever the fuck you think a good idea is for multiplayer and single player.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sony buys Nintendo.

I remember a story of MS making an offer too Nintendo(I think this was before the success of the 3DS) and Big-N laughed at them.

I think Nintendo needs too be in the fucking ditches before that is even a thought.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Sony buys Nintendo does that mean we'll get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on PS5 in 4K?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
If Sony buys Nintendo does that mean we'll get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on PS5 in 4K?
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The COD thing is weird though because Halo is supposed to beat/be equal to COD. It's a bit baffling to have COD and Halo as your FPS superstars, but I guess it can make more sense if you split COD into Warzone, zombies, and whatever the fuck you think a good idea is for multiplayer and single player.
Those two dont really compete with each other though like in other genres. These are not mmos where you have to sink your entire life into them for a few years. People CAN play both.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Those two dont really compete with each other though like in other genres. These are not mmos where you have to sink your entire life into them for a few years. People CAN play both.
Yeah exactly very different games. The only way I see the two compete is if halo drops a BR mode worth a shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
if they stagger the releases they end up with longer player retention. I imagine alot of people drop gamepass for a month then grab it for something then miss a month etc etc. That would help balance that out. Like I never keep uplay active over a month or so but when something big hits, I'll hit that up and whatever else smaller releases I may have missed in between major releases.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
if they stagger the releases they end up with longer player retention. I imagine alot of people drop gamepass for a month then grab it for something then miss a month etc etc. That would help balance that out. Like I never keep uplay active over a month or so but when something big hits, I'll hit that up and whatever else smaller releases I may have missed in between major releases.

Must suck to be poor

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Being way too optimistic, I'm sure, but with the change in leadership from the purchase, maybe we'll actually see some of Activision's studios released from the Call of Duty mines to try making their own games again. The Hulk: Ultimate Destruction guys are buried in there, right? With Marvel making games again, it'd be nice to see them get another go with the IP.

Probably won't happen, but fuck it, a guy can hope.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

This is the kind of thing I'm prone to doing for shows on HBO or whatever. But Game Pass is so cheap, especially since the gold conversion still works, that the cheaper/easier option was to just stack 3 years worth.

$15 for an occasional month. Vs common deals that ends up about $5 a month.

I dunno how many a lot of people is, but I think most people just sub to Game Pass because it's cheap enough and offers enough games to just stay subbed with a shrug.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

My guess is MS already sees this happening, kills Xbox live standalone and forces gamepass ultimate to retain online play when the three year terms for a dollar start dying off - meaning people will need to stay subscribed for online. Unless Sony throws a wrench into that plan.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm super curious if they will put WoW on Game Pass.

I'm guessing not much will change with existing subscriptions, especailly those that exist in the millions. If the bundled together ESO's premium sub or something that'd be nice to prevent some level of churn.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So what’s next? Microsoft will buy out Disney or viceversa and dominate the movie and video game industry?