General Gaming News and Discussion

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
footage of Star Wars 1313, a cancelled EA Star Wars game. Amy Hennig (Uncharted) was the lead writer. She is currently working on Forspoken, releasing on PS5 only in a few weeks

I guess Boba Fett was the main character, and its pretty much Uncharted: Boba Fett slides

This all looks like they ripped this and placed it in Jedi Fallen order in the beginning of the game :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I'm replaying JFO right now actually and enjoying it, its basically a mix of Uncharted 1 and baby Dark Souls (SUPER baby, just in terms of bonfires/some parry and dodge). Its on gamepass and was on PS+ as well, there is a next gen version that runs real nice at 60 fps.

its really fun if you love star wars and "story immersion" games, the time period is a few years after Episode 3 and it deals with the trauma of Order 66, rise of the Empire, etc. I'm just playing 1-2 hours a week, its like a 20 hour game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
if you have prime they are giving it away right now for PC via prime gaming

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just came here to post that.

Very... interesting? IDK what to think. Sony doesn't seem to have a cross-platform strategy like Xbox does and I think that might hurt them. They're not Nintendo; they can't just rest on having good first-party developers and IPs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its an interesting move for certain. But what does Bungie really have at this point other than Destiny? I feel like Destiny is itself kinda damaged goods at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Natural extension to their ridiculous exclusive agreements with Destiny in the past.

Is Bungie doing anything more than Destiny right now or have announced anything beyond that? Destiny 2 is getting long in the tooth and thought it'd been on the decline for some time.

Still one of the best looking games on the market. The world building, engine and graphics work is second to none. Their middleware may be the real get here, outside of the headcount, IP and player base.

I told my wife who still plays Destiny about their first exclusive strike... she said if Sony did that again she'd just quit playing. Don't think they could afford to make a Destiny game exclusive, so wonder what all this really gets them.

I don't think a Destiny 3 is profitable if it's just console exclusive, almost guaranteeing a PC release. No problems with that.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
bungie has 2 new IPs in development but who knows how far along they are

Sony said they are buying them as well for multiplayer talent, so they can beef up their multiplayer knowledge for other studios. Makes sense, especially since the price is fairly cheap - $3.6 billion for a franchise that has a massive fan base still, plus new IPs, plus good engineering talent.

I think someone who posts here works at bungie, so hope they got some $$ out of it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Destiny 1/2 have their flaws for sure but Bungie still puts out a high quality game from a software point of view.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Destiny 2 is one of my Top 10 games of all time. It's got plenty of problems, but I put in a shit ton of time into it and still enjoy it a lot. I haven't even done any of the raids in all that time! I'm not sure how I feel about Sony owning them...

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If this puts anything new Bungie is working on just on Sony then PC 3+ years later, bleh.

spronk

FPS noob
we can finally get Destiny the movie starring Peter Dinklage and Nathan Fillion and for some fucking reason Mark Wahlberg will also be in it

• 3Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I just came here to post that.

Very... interesting? IDK what to think. Sony doesn't seem to have a cross-platform strategy like Xbox does and I think that might hurt them. They're not Nintendo; they can't just rest on having good first-party developers and IPs.
Why can’t they? They’ve been relying on first party IPs for the past couple of generations, along with “good” hardware at a decent price.

That said, I don’t think the Bungie acquisition moves the needle at all. Destiny isn’t going to become an exclusive, and if they are working on new IPs they have got to be years out still.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Destiny 2 is one of my Top 10 games of all time. It's got plenty of problems, but I put in a shit ton of time into it and still enjoy it a lot. I haven't even done any of the raids in all that time! I'm not sure how I feel about Sony owning them...
It’s core gameplay is pretty amazing. Most of the issues I had with the game have to do with their long term strategy and expansion nonsense that locks you out of content you previously had.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sony getting Bungie feels like a snap reaction to MicroSoft getting Call of Duty.

Sony must believe that MS is going to take CoD exclusive at some point in the future and Sony needs a AAA studio to make a yearly FPS for them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
It’s core gameplay is pretty amazing. Most of the issues I had with the game have to do with their long term strategy and expansion nonsense that locks you out of content you previously had.

and it's about to get even worse with more locations being vaulted come Feb 22nd

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Sony has said Bungie will remain a multiplatform studio, with the option "to self-publish and reach players wherever they choose to play."

hopefully that will be true once they do introduce new IPs. Certainly have my doubts about it remaining that way

• 1Repost