Watcher of Overs
Stig?
stiggery.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Jedi would be good as long as they add a loot progression system to it. Shooter will fucking suck - it's being made with medal of honor has-beens. Strategy game has a chance being led by X-Com vets.

Star Wars Division from Ubisoft will be a trainwreck of GaaS shit and end game hilarity because they have no clue what they are doing past level 30.

At least the Lego game comes out soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jedi would be good as long as they add a loot progression system to it. Shooter will fucking suck - it's being made with medal of honor has-beens. Strategy game has a chance being led by X-Com vets.

Star Wars Division from Ubisoft will be a trainwreck of GaaS shit and end game hilarity because they have no clue what they are doing past level 30.

At least the Lego game comes out soon.
What is the shooter is a Dark Forces remake?
Was that game really that good or just nostalgia?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What is the shooter is a Dark Forces remake?
Was that game really that good or just nostalgia?

Shooter seems like it will be new but wouldn't be surprised if it's a dark forces remake they do not say. Good point.... Dark Forces was great for it's time - I can see them maybe doing a Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast combination. Academy sucked.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Strategy game has a chance being led by X-Com vets.
Wait so wtf is going on at Firaxis? They gutted the XCom team while releasing some Marvel card game garbage, and instead of XCom 3 the new studio is working on Star Wars?

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wait so wtf is going on at Firaxis? They gutted the XCom team while releasing some Marvel card game garbage, and instead of XCom 3 the new studio is working on Star Wars?

More like people left Firaxis and formed their own Studio.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
More like people left Firaxis and formed their own Studio.
Oh for some reason I was thinking Firaxis et all were part of EA, not Take Two/2K.

So it's even worse than I thought, I originally thought this was just EA shuffling things around but no it sounds like a lot of the people responsible for the Firaxcom games just flat out quit, probably because of that god awful looking Marvel game they're releasing.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, so much ink on common sense stuff. Just like the survival game being announced for 'PC and consoles' - they can't begin coordinating on releases and whatnot until ink's dry or they get in trouble w/ regulators.

Looks like existing deals are for a major update to Warzone that is planned, and the next couple CODs, so through 2023 or 2024. I'll be surprised if Vanguard doesn't remain on PS5 indefinitely and after the expiration of the current agreements COD (whatever the franchise looks like at that point with resources likely re-jiggered in some fashion) will be exclusive to PC/Xbox.

With similarities to other games, the strategy going forward could be interesting. How often will they release COD, Halo and Gears games? COD brings in so much money, hard to see that moving to anything less than a big tentpole annual release. As the genre continues to evolve though, could Vanguard become the primary multiplayer focus, shifting the annual releases targeted more towards narrative experiences that includes incentives for the otherwise F2P mode?

If this gets Sony to finally greenlight some serious work on Resistance, Killzone or The Order I'm all for it.

spronk

FPS noob
footage of Star Wars 1313, a cancelled EA Star Wars game. Amy Hennig (Uncharted) was the lead writer. She is currently working on Forspoken, releasing on PS5 only in a few weeks

I guess Boba Fett was the main character, and its pretty much Uncharted: Boba Fett slides

• 2Like