General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm still waiting for them to finish making dlc and make a complete package before I dive into it. The game seems to be quite the resource hog too so another generation of GPU's to tackle it won't hurt either.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
They have the Royal Edition now with all the DLC included, think it was like $30 during the holiday sales. Even on my ancient rig I was able to get it looking pretty good without totally killing performance, but being their first game is definitely not the most well optimized. It's one of the most immersive games I've played, with a unique setting and also playing a character who is the total opposite of the normal 'chosen one' cliche. You start out as pretty much a nobody, and have to learn/practice all the skills you want to utilize.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldn’t learn the monster movesets. Game was waaay too difficult for me. Meh.
TJT TJT I've been seeing you and Janx Janx play recently, and I've been tempted to jump back in, but I was never able to get the moves right back when I put 35 hours into it at launch. Was pretty neat though to get into other games, and tag along with others that were much better than me to get some monster kills. Lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
IMO Monster Hunter: World is as close to an MMO as we are going to get in the 2018-2028 timeframe. At least so far. Addictive gameplay, constant new mechanics and shit to do... community if you are looking for one. Solo play if you want that. I am truly surprised so few people here have picked it up.

I tried it and just wasn’t into it. It had cool graphics and the fights were fun for a few times but I couldn’t see farming them over and over. I didn’t feel like it had a point other than farming, but I didn’t give it much time so maybe I missed something. Maybe I would have been into it more if I had some friends playing but I can’t commit to regular times anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I tried it and just wasn’t into it. It had cool graphics and the fights were fun for a few times but I couldn’t see farming them over and over. I didn’t feel like it had a point other than farming, but I didn’t give it much time so maybe I missed something. Maybe I would have been into it more if I had some friends playing but I can’t commit to regular times anymore.

To me the combat speaks for itself. It has complexity and essentially 14 classes with subclasses that are all like playing a different game. There are very few games that get me to burn 600+ hours and just want more these days.

Lots of difficulty and great feeling of success too.

Farming is a key portion of all MMO mang.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To me the combat speaks for itself. It has complexity and essentially 14 classes with subclasses that are all like playing a different game. There are very few games that get me to burn 600+ hours and just want more these days.

Lots of difficulty and great feeling of success too.

Farming is a key portion of all MMO mang.

How much are they paying you bro?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can Trump expand the Tariff war to the video game industry next? Already tired of 99% of the shit on Amazon being chinese shit, now it's getting personal.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not gay, give true talent original content to develop. Let the pleb handle remasters.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Subscriptions were inevitable.

Games have been $50 for thirty years now. Inflation is a bitcj.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
fuck me, in a quarter? ya, that's not going away anytime soon.

• 2Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Of course they made a billion, you have fucking idiots paying these microtransactions.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nirgon is not a very smart man.

I paid into Grim Dawn, War for the Overworld and Shadowrun rpg kickstarter.

All launched and were great for me. Much better than paying into the run past the other team battleground MMO you're all ball washing.

You can take your mad about Pantheon all over the forum if it makes you sleep better at night.

Hey, I gave Everquest Next 100$ so I can't say anything

I saw Ponytail McFroglokface and said hell no.