General Gaming News and Discussion

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Was a shit show from launch till like 5-6 months afterwards. Peoples inventory getting deleted. Characters getting wiped. Legendaries dropping like candy one day, then they nerf them so bad that people can barely make a build anymore. End game was lacking, etc. The game looks like it was originally designed as a GAAS, but then they dropped that idea. IF* the game had launched with the newest content and changes and none of the bugs, it would have been pretty good. At least for a destiny/gears of war -esque game with a mediocre story.
We played a few months ago and it was still janky as shit.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
So all this talk about the Embracer group got me wonder who they were and what they owned. Good lord how have I not heard of them? IGN actually did a decent write up on who they were and what they have bought over the years. Pretty damn interesting... Probably some stuff one there you don't even realize they own.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
First thing I do after a 2.5 hour drive home is mop the floor here. The things I do for you ungrateful bastards.

Shame on you especially spronk spronk for starting this. You should know that gamergate is where that post belonged.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First thing I do after a 2.5 hour drive home is mop the floor here. The things I do for you ungrateful bastards.

Shame on you especially spronk spronk for starting this. You should know that gamergate is where that post belonged.
In the interest of keeping it as thankless a job as possible, I'd like to not say thank you.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Was a shit show from launch till like 5-6 months afterwards. Peoples inventory getting deleted. Characters getting wiped. Legendaries dropping like candy one day, then they nerf them so bad that people can barely make a build anymore. End game was lacking, etc. The game looks like it was originally designed as a GAAS, but then they dropped that idea. IF* the game had launched with the newest content and changes and none of the bugs, it would have been pretty good. At least for a destiny/gears of war -esque game with a mediocre story.
It should have been a live service game. Dumbest decision not to make it a live service game. I mean the nuts and bolts were all there just needed more polish. Add in some seasonal BS, with bars to fill up and prizes to claim, add in some pvp arenas with separate balancing, make season 2 months long and $10 and people would still be playing and they would be making cash.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

worldburn-top.jpg

i did forget how spergy some people are about certain topics

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jeez. BF 2042 makes the top 10? For some reason I thought FIFA was always going to be the top selling video game year after year.
How the fuck does 2042 even break the top 50? Everyone knew it was a shit show of epic proportions 3 months ahead of launch. Fuck, gamers are mentally retarded.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BF 2042 wasn't nearly as much of a shitshow vs expectations on console as it was on PC. For a console game, it was a pretty solid mass combat FPS vs the competition. For a state of the art PC game it was a fucking joke.

spronk

FPS noob

ive really enjoyed all the mafia games, a mafia game set in 1800s and 1900s Italy sounds cool

donciccio.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

ive really enjoyed all the mafia games, a mafia game set in 1800s and 1900s Italy sounds cool

donciccio.jpg
I guess I missed it? They dropped that abortion of art direction they had.. a year ago (I think?) and start going with an Assassins Creed vibe?

spronk

FPS noob

they said last week as well that Alan Wake Remastered hasn't made any royalties yet, but Epic Games gave them a butt load of money to remaster the game and were taking the first profits until their costs were covered.

I'd be super nervous about Alan Wake 2 if I was Remedy, do enough people really give a shit about that IP? Clearly not if the remaster just sold meh, although it was $20 I think

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd be super nervous about Alan Wake 2 if I was Remedy, do enough people really give a shit about that IP? Clearly not if the remaster just sold meh, although it was $20 I think
The remaster was pretty hit or miss when it came to the graphics 'upgrades', and they didn't really do anything to improve the combat. Plus it still had the completely retarded shit where you have to play the game once before unlocking the difficulty where you can actually read all of the manuscript pages. They removed the dev menu on the PC version which let you bypass it too (not sure if someone ever bothered to make a mod to get around it) so it wasn't just console players that were screwed this time. They did add in a few links to their other games that take place in the same world, but other than that I'd rather just replay the original.

I doubt they have too much to worry about though. They seem to get by just from having publishers give them piles of money for games that have average success at best. MS dropped a ton of money on Quantum Break, and it sounds like Timmy Tencent is still giving them Fortnite money for all the stuff they currently have in development.