General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait, Square-Enix is getting bought out?

Oh God, please don't let it be Disney or any other wokesters. Square's games are one of the last bastions of give-zero-fucks Japanese game development that I enjoy.

Though FFXIV's staff being put in charge of WoW would be something to behold. Wonder if they could fix it, or if their formula only works within a certain paradigm.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

Oh God, please don't let it be Disney or any other wokesters. Square's games are one of the last bastions of give-zero-fucks Japanese game development that I enjoy.

Though FFXIV's staff being put in charge of WoW would be something to behold. Wonder if they could fix it, or if their formula only works within a certain paradigm.

I think its more they're closing out all their non-Japanese based studios through selling them. I just hope they don't go full Konami, but I think that's the direction they're halfway leaning... I don't know the full of it, but lots of talk about blockchain with what I don't think has anything for show.

My personal hope is that they're taking a play out of From Software and Elden Ring success + how good FFXIV has been perceived, and just tightening the focus inward rather than branching multiple franchises. Iirc, most of their games have been turds.. but i've only ever cared for things like bravely, octo, and triangle over the last years.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob

strong rumors are that Sony wants to buy them but only for their japanese assets, which would explain them jettisoning all the Western studios. It really wouldn't change much, Sony is cool with PC gaming now albeit at a delayed pace for single player games. Its current market cap is ~$7B so thats pretty expensive, ironically it would make it a lot easier for regulators to OK the Activision purchase by MIcrosoft since it shows there is plenty of market competition.

I don't think Square has done a lot with xbox anyways, other than putting random shit out on gamepass like GOTG and some of the older final fantasies.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Square Enix is also trying to sell an FF6 statue for almost $14,000. They very well might be off the deepend and taking the Konami cashout road .

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Square Enix is also trying to sell an FF6 statue for almost $14,000. They very well might be off the deepend and taking the Konami cashout road .

As far as dumb weeb shit goes that's about as cool as I've ever seen.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
You don't really need a new house!

I already have this for my “I know I shouldn’t, but I gotta have it” purchase:

19675EF5-C179-45C9-8F1C-4989826A3AA1.jpeg

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's like 3 fucking feet tall. That's like a man cave shrine if I've ever seen one. They'll get that 14k.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I look forward to the degenerates posting videos of cumming on this.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why have I spent all this time thinking her last name was Bramford instead of Branford? Was it Bramford in the original SNES cartridge or am I just crazy?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why have I spent all this time thinking her last name was Bramford instead of Branford? Was it Bramford in the original SNES cartridge or am I just crazy?

She's Bramford in FF3 but changed it to Branford in FF6

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i stopped playing the game after a few hours, just didn't vibe with me, but it sounds like it was a flop

outriders dev hasn't received any royalties, it was even on gamepass
Was a shit show from launch till like 5-6 months afterwards. Peoples inventory getting deleted. Characters getting wiped. Legendaries dropping like candy one day, then they nerf them so bad that people can barely make a build anymore. End game was lacking, etc. The game looks like it was originally designed as a GAAS, but then they dropped that idea. IF* the game had launched with the newest content and changes and none of the bugs, it would have been pretty good. At least for a destiny/gears of war -esque game with a mediocre story.