General Gaming News and Discussion

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder if the reason we haven't gotten an X-Com 3 is because X-Com 2 + DLC still sells pretty well.
They've been working on Midnight Sons since shortly after X-Com 2 launched and a chunk of the dev team eventually got sick of it (presumably) and left to form Bit Reactor, which immediately got tapped by EA to do a Star Wars strategy game.

Malkav

French Madman
That sounds either awful or terrible.

Hope you can shoot gates you could otherwise just walk around, and block sith with walls of fire.

Could definitely see them doing a Stormtrooper game. Still missing targets with a 95% chances to hit.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Could definitely see them doing a Stormtrooper game. Still missing targets with a 95% chances to hit.
Ha, you beat me to it. Thats all I could think of when Xcom and Starwars came up. Fucking god awful when you miss 95%+ like three times in a row. Rage inducing.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys remember when Linus hired an absolute oxygen thief that was pure simp bait?

Who could have guessed it would end in a sexual harassment claim?!

1660320211333.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

no real shock but that pretty much leaves fall as god of war 2 and the usual shit sports games and COD

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

no real shock but that pretty much leaves fall as god of war 2 and the usual shit sports games and COD
Elden Ring DLC should be somewhat soon-ish? Might be winter though, no news so far but would kinda line up with their usual DLC release pace around november.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t understand why game companies give release dates at all anymore. It always leads to a date pushback or two, then you have people butthurt or “take all the time you need” types arguing on the internet until the release happens. Just give previews and updates and work on your shit and announce when it goes gold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don’t understand why game companies give release dates at all anymore. It always leads to a date pushback or two, then you have people butthurt or “take all the time you need” types arguing on the internet until the release happens. Just give previews and updates and work on your shit and announce when it goes gold.

But this is an internal doc. And they would still use them for their internal teams, bc if there's no goal it'll never get done, even with pushbacks.

• 1Like

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
But this is an internal doc. And they would still use them for their internal teams, bc if there's no goal it'll never get done, even with pushbacks.
Agree. Especially if you're using split resources and people are fighting for the bandwidth to completion.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the one above it for evil west wasn’t. I understand internal docs needing dates. I don’t understand companies announcing dates to the public.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Imagining a world in which not knowing when things being release could be pretty wild.. Just wake up one day and find out a new console came out that day, or a movie just came out.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagining a world in which not knowing when things being release could be pretty wild.. Just wake up one day and find out a new console came out that day, or a movie just came out.
Shit like this is already happening. Games are launching as "Epic Exclusives" and people have no idea theyre launching. Marketing is a complete cluster fuck right now. But on the bright side, Epic paying these developers to launch as an exclusive for 6 months under Epic is basically giving them the extra opportunity to create more content from that money, much less have that extra 6 months to refine game play from a much small playerbase.

But to the point of whats being talked about - no, hiding release dates is fucking retarded. Even though he may have said "why do release dates at all?" I think he really just meant "why give a release date when you arent even near the polish stage of a game?"

spronk

FPS noob
based on retailers already discounting saints row and it doesn't even release for a week, thats another game that seems to launching into a void lol

but damn this is cool, kids today have it too good we had to imagine everything

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users