General Gaming News and Discussion

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Embracer buying all the things.

Edit: articles now starting to come together if you dont want to sift through tweets

oh, and 'something'

1660797876524.png

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

eh, theres a bunch of valid reasons to have lots of time in a game, and not recommend it.

Early access. I have a number of games with high times played, due to EA. and starting them over and over as they get more content. And often these EA games NEVER come around. they might go unfinished. or they might not just ever get good. see, Starbound.

Company buys them out. See Path of exile, minecraft, etc. may like the game, but maybe you hate Microsoft, or Tencent.

Devs make horrible choices with a live service game. lets look at Path of exile again. its not the same game as it used to be. would I recommend Descent season Poe? yes. would I recommend current PoE? eh.. so much bloat. but theres also lots of games with really radical reworks out there.

Devs do some Nexus mods bullshit. or lets say Factorio shit, and say or do some shit you can't abide.

• 2Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Who the fuck is Embracer Group?

Big holding company that buys other companies. The biggest most known prior to this would be them buying THQ after it went out of business and releasing games under THQ Nordic. They have been on a buying spree and own a ton of studios now.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Rumbleverse out tomorrow on epic
Having fun with this one, the controls were a bit to get use to but after that it is on! Just like the guns in any battle royal their is definitely a tier list. That said you can win with just fundamentals but have the kick into the air followed by a soccer kick down and away is awesome for ringing people out.
Still a great time to jump in, lots of terrible players and I feel like they doing a good job of matching people up with same skill levels.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
eh, theres a bunch of valid reasons to have lots of time in a game, and not recommend it.

Early access. I have a number of games with high times played, due to EA. and starting them over and over as they get more content. And often these EA games NEVER come around. they might go unfinished. or they might not just ever get good. see, Starbound.

Company buys them out. See Path of exile, minecraft, etc. may like the game, but maybe you hate Microsoft, or Tencent.

Devs make horrible choices with a live service game. lets look at Path of exile again. its not the same game as it used to be. would I recommend Descent season Poe? yes. would I recommend current PoE? eh.. so much bloat. but theres also lots of games with really radical reworks out there.

Devs do some Nexus mods bullshit. or lets say Factorio shit, and say or do some shit you can't abide.
1118.4 hours is 46.6 days. That's a lot of game time. Or idle. Do we know if there's achievements? Micro transactions?

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I'd agree with "they changed something big and it sucks now" but that's about it.

If you're starting over enough times to hit 1000 hours and you don't like the game, then there's definitely something wrong with you

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My favorite is when someone has played 500+ hours and complains about a lack of content.

• 1Worf

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
based on retailers already discounting saints row and it doesn't even release for a week, thats another game that seems to launching into a void lol

but damn this is cool, kids today have it too good we had to imagine everything
Yeah they're just so fortunate to witness every silly thought better left to the domain of the imagination be realized to generate some more shitty crossover consoomer content.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That just sounds like a "No end game" kind of complaint. Ie. New World.
A video game doesn't have to be your life. If you got 500 out of it you definitely got your money's worth, even if there's no end game content.

"I can't recommend this game because I only got 500 hours of enjoyment out of it, not 2,000. Hard pass!"

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A video game doesn't have to be your life. If you got 500 out of it you definitely got your money's worth, even if there's no end game content.

"I can't recommend this game because I only got 500 hours of enjoyment out of it, not 2,000. Hard pass!"
New World had that community movement to downvote New World because of the lack of end game content. Like as some kind of middle finger to AGS, but also a warning to others not to waste 500 of their hours if end games matters.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
New World had that community movement to downvote New World because of the lack of end game content. Like as some kind of middle finger to AGS, but also a warning to others not to waste 500 of their hours if end games matters.

If you're doing something you don't enjoy for 500 hours going it's going to get good, then that's on you.

If you enjoy those 500 hours, then you definitely got your money's worth even if it starts to suck after that

• 1Like