General Gaming News and Discussion

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"a love ballad to motorcycle movies"
I call bullshit on that, no way Sony will let them portray motorcycle culture the way the game did after the reaction it got from offendatrons. I'm sure the casting will be extra retarded too, though it will be pretty hard to top Tom Holland as Nathan Drake.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I call bullshit on that, no way Sony will let them portray motorcycle culture the way the game did after the reaction it got from offendatrons. I'm sure the casting will be extra retarded too, though it will be pretty hard to top Tom Holland as Nathan Drake.

How they didn't try to cast Nathan Fillion is beyond me. Nathan Drake IS Nathan Fillion IMO.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

in the movie they will be bicycle riders, not bikers and all gay

leaked trailer shot with the new protagonist, DickOn St. Joanna. you can tell she's a rebel outlaw because she has no mask, although she is putting all the zombies at risk of catching covid. Tsk tsk, DickOn

Screen-Shot-2020-12-30-at-10.47.17-AM-1200x795.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

How they didn't try to cast Nathan Fillion is beyond me. Nathan Drake IS Nathan Fillion IMO.
They decided he was too old, so we got the annoying dipshit with no physical acting ability instead.

Edit: Edgelord? That opinion's not even mildly controversial...

Last edited:
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Tried the demo for Diofield Chronicles, the new pseudo real time tactical game from Square Enix.

Why is it that Japanese games always look and feel like the UX team has been in a coma since 1994?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Tried the demo for Diofield Chronicles, the new pseudo real time tactical game from Square Enix.

Why is it that Japanese games always look and feel like the UX team has been in a coma since 1994?

Persona 5 has some of the best designed UX in any game I have ever played.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Persona 5 has some of the best designed UX in any game I have ever played.

Does that game usually run like shit? ie. Hitch through the menus and such? Or is it just the streamers setup? (even then, they likely have a nice ass PC.. so a bit concerning.)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Does that game usually run like shit? ie. Hitch through the menus and such? Or is it just the streamers setup? (even then, they likely have a nice ass PC.. so a bit concerning.)

It does not run like that on ps4/ps5. Never played the ps3 version so cant comment on that. It looks like they might be using an emulator to play it on PC.

Vorph

It does not run like that on ps4/ps5. Never played the ps3 version so cant comment on that. It looks like they might be using an emulator to play it on PC.
Yeah, that's being played on RPCS3, and the video is from way back in 2017. Probably just a weak CPU, since the game was marked "playable" in July of that year.

---------------------------------
Not sure what's so bad about Diofield's UX. I didn't try it on PC because even the demo is infected with Denuvo, but it seems fine after a few minutes on console (XSX, going to try Switch also to see how bad the load times and/or performance are).

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
talk about it in the MMO forum but if anyone else doesn't visit that much anymore, you can get a free shadowlands key and level 50 booster by running battle.net. took me only 2 mins, haven't played wow in over a decade and doubt i will anytime soon but free is nice

after microsoft finishes buying activision it'll be interesting to see if they get a f2p version going on xbox etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
talk about it in the MMO forum but if anyone else doesn't visit that much anymore, you can get a free shadowlands key and level 50 booster by running battle.net. took me only 2 mins, haven't played wow in over a decade and doubt i will anytime soon but free is nice
I don't even have the Battle.Net launcher installed anymore. Nor the auth token, which I'd probably need to access my account.

spronk

FPS noob
sounds like system shock 3 is never gonna be made, NightDive is still making a remaster of system shock 1 but I guess they sold the rights to a sequel to pay for it

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

i recently plat'd Mafia 1 & 2 remasters (free with PS+ premium) and still very enjoyable games so glad to hear it. Interview is interesting with two guys who have been with the studio for 20 years, its based in Eastern Europe.

Rumor is Mafia 4 will be a prequel with (Don) Salieri set in late 1800s Sicily.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
sounds like system shock 3 is never gonna be made, NightDive is still making a remaster of system shock 1 but I guess they sold the rights to a sequel to pay for it

Why would someone buy the rights to a sequel if they weren't going to make one?