General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Good call here. Takes place in the Iraq region 1200 years ago (I believe it was part of Persia at that time) and goes back to the basics of the early games in the series. So shorter/smaller game that has denser content, rather than the overlong open world format of the last few. No more having to grind levels to progress. After what a slog Valhalla is, they pretty much had to do this.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I have a couple of friends who fucking love this series, and yet somehow
I still haven't played a single one.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bloodborne IP was already owned by Sony. Hence why it's never seen a shared platform release, but might see a PC release since Sony has started releasing their first party titles to that platform now.

That said, with the success of Elden Ring and the reputation of FromSoft, I don't think they're a studio that will receive much direction of their games except "keep doing what you're doing". So if they go "We want to try something new now after Elden Ring and make a survival platform game!", they'll most likely get a message then from Sony/Tencent saying "No, you're making Elden Ring 2".

In the Elden Ring thread it was already speculated before release that it was highly likely that companies (most likely Sony) would proceed with buying up FromSoft stock based on the success of Elden Ring. Now that it turned out to be a home run with 16+ million sales, it's no wonder other companies also started buying like Tencent.

What? Sony/Tencent don't have the power to cancel a From project and force them to make an Elden Ring 2

It's also naive to think if someone bought a majority stake in the company that they'd be hands off and let them do what they want.

Don't think that's ever happened in the history of gaming

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Bloodborne IP was already owned by Sony. Hence why it's never seen a shared platform release, but might see a PC release since Sony has started releasing their first party titles to that platform now.

That said, with the success of Elden Ring and the reputation of FromSoft, I don't think they're a studio that will receive much direction of their games except "keep doing what you're doing". So if they go "We want to try something new now after Elden Ring and make a survival platform game!", they'll most likely get a message then from Sony/Tencent saying "No, you're making Elden Ring 2".

In the Elden Ring thread it was already speculated before release that it was highly likely that companies (most likely Sony) would proceed with buying up FromSoft stock based on the success of Elden Ring. Now that it turned out to be a home run with 16+ million sales, it's no wonder other companies also started buying like Tencent.

You do know Bandai Namco owns the Elden Ring IP right ?

And whatever DLC they come out with for Elden Ring.. but I think that will still be awhile if we see anything on that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have a couple of friends who fucking love this series, and yet somehow
I still haven't played a single one.
I played the first one, an eternity ago, and only for a few hours, which was fine cause it was a pirated copy because that's so old that was when I was still pirating games a fair amount. I do want to pick the pirate one(the arr ye landluber one, not the download your car one) some day though, heard it's fun cause of the sea shanties and stuff but yeah it's really not an appealing series to me.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played the first one, an eternity ago, and only for a few hours, which was fine cause it was a pirated copy because that's so old that was when I was still pirating games a fair amount. I do want to pick the pirate one(the arr ye landluber one, not the download your car one) some day though, heard it's fun cause of the sea shanties and stuff but yeah it's really not an appealing series to me.
Black Flag is an excellent game all by itself. The backstory for all the games is kind of stupid, so you're not missing anything by not playing the others. But Black Flag's story is great, though. Im surprised you havent scooped it up for the handful of dollars it costs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the Ezio Collection aka all the AC2 games is probably the absolute best followed by AC4 (black flag) then sorta random order of Odyssey, Origins, Syndicate, Valhalla, etc.

if you have Amazon Prime you get a free PC key for AC Origins this month, most of the games at this point have been free somewhere or another. if you are on PC you can just sub to uplay+ for a month and check em all out and play the ones you like the most, they're all reskins of the same basic game kinda.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Black Flag is an excellent game all by itself. The backstory for all the games is kind of stupid, so you're not missing anything by not playing the others. But Black Flag's story is great, though. Im surprised you havent scooped it up for the handful of dollars it costs.
It's not the price, it's the time and will to play it, while I do buy games "in advance" for when I want to play them, I don't buy everything I have an interest in right away and have had stuff on my wishlist for years just as a reminder if I get bored and looking for something.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just want an Assassin's Creed Japan.

Assassin's Creed in the Holy Roman Empire and one in 700 Baghdad are also really cool ideas.

I'd like to see all 3 of them.

Instead what we'll get is one normal game and the rest of them dumped into an online Live Service hellscape

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1662508198997.png

What game is this from? I've seen it in a bunch of places and I feel like it's significant. Anyone know?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They need to get back to AC's roots (which sounds like they are). I hate the leveling, I hate the gear, I hate the gear with levels. AC 1 and 2 were great. Couldn't get into 3 and I loved the shit out of 4 due to the fun sea combat complete with shanties.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 432031
What game is this from? I've seen it in a bunch of places and I feel like it's significant. Anyone know?

Lupalen VS Patren Episode 51 (final episode)

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I just want them to end Assassin's Creed and replace it with historical open-world games that don't feel the need to be linked together. I'm tired of every game being about Assassins fighting Templars, and the gameplay always being based around parkour and stealth kills. I just want to play a knight in a medieval game, or a pirate in a golden age of piracy game, not a dozen flavors of assassin.

Also, going back to putting a little more effort into the historical accuracy side of things. AC was never historically accurate, but you could at least say that an attempt was made. Then you have Valhalla, where the "research" seemed to just entail watching the first couple seasons of Vikings and calling it a day.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Missing a whole lot of context for this
Microsoft is buying activision. Microsoft is saying in public they will keep CoD on PlayStation, don’t worry. They’re actually privately offering to keep CoD on PlayStation for only three years. Sony saying this is monopoly behavior.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Microsoft is buying activision. Microsoft is saying in public they will keep CoD on PlayStation, don’t worry. They’re actually privately offering to keep CoD on PlayStation for only three years. Sony saying this is monopoly behavior.
Well Sony should retaliate by making an FPS that is better than CoD. It can't be fucking hard. CoD fucking sucks. They have 3 years to get to work.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users