General Gaming News and Discussion

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Atlus only gets the other language rights sense they do a lot of the translation work for the SMT games.
Atlus is the developer of all the SMT games, so naturally their USA division does the localization work. They have no EU presence, so SEGA publishes the games themselves there.

Malkav

French Madman
Aaaaand AC China is a mobile title.

And next mainline title after Mirage is Japan.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
They were very cryptic about Infinity, like it's not a game, but a way to centralize people AC's experience or whatever, and AC Code Red (Japan) and AC Code Hexe (got a weird teaser, 0 informations) will both be part of Infinity or whatever.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Jesus fuck Sony needs to get their shit together. I was bored and decided to browse games on the PS store, sorted by most recent release. Some faggot has 4 games called “Pretty Bird” on there that are all the same thing, released 2 days apart from each other with sequel numbering. It’s basically a much shittier version of that old 1990’s browser game SkiFree.

Part of me thinks good on him for taking advantage of retards for money, but I’d prefer he did it somewhere I didn’t have to see his garbage. Fuck you, Sony. Fix your shit.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The shovelware is way worse on the eShop for Switch. Literally games that just have lines on the screen for 2 bucks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They were very cryptic about Infinity, like it's not a game, but a way to centralize people AC's experience or whatever, and AC Code Red (Japan) and AC Code Hexe (got a weird teaser, 0 informations) will both be part of Infinity or whatever.
Did you ever see the thing they released with Black Flag? Probably was after that. But it was a site that tracked all your achievements from all your AC, had different unlocks, different DNA story stuff. Seemed like it had a ton going on behind the scenes. Then it pretty much disappeared one day it seemed.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fucking Ubisoft

IMG_0534.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
it boggles the mind how retarded the person in charge of marketing at ubisoft is. I've played every Assassins Creed game, ups and downs but still I enjoy the franchise.

Why the fuck would you announce so many games at once? I have no idea whats coming out and if you throw 3-4 things at me I'm just going to ignore you. You throw out that much shit and it just tells me you are a toddler desperate for attention. It doesn't help that everything out of Ubisoft now is mediocre, AT BEST, and if you just wait 6 months it'll be 75% off, wait a year or two and it'll probably be free somewhere.

Why is the one thats coming out first where you play as Basim $50? I dunno, seems weird and tells me you don't value your own game, why the fuck should I value it at all? Why would you announce a mobile game and one or two more games on the same day?

So weird and stupid, almost feels like the person in charge hates their own company and is self sabotaging.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ayo, hold up

I'm not sure Infinity is going to be an MMO-like platform, but rather a Battle.net type hub for all their games. Kind of weird and not sure what the point is. But as far as I can tell:

-AC China is some sort of cash-grab from working with Tencent to release an AC game in China

-AC Mirage (800s Baghdad) is likely 2023 and a shorter game

-Red/Japan and Hexe (1600s Germany) are probably 2025 and close together like Unity/Rogue, Hexe will be a shorter old-school AC like Mirage while Red/Japan will be a huge-sized one like the last few

Hopefully Mirage is 2023, Hexe is 2024, and Red is 2025, but it sounds like they want Hexe and Red co-releasing. Whatev

All in all this is pretty good news outside of squandering an idea on a mobile game. Also Red is a pretty tame name. I'd call it Bushido or something else more recognizable.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fully expecting AC:China to have more microtransactions than Diablo: Immortal. If it doesnt, then they'll have failed the partnership.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That could bring some real nostalgia feels. I will probably will have to play through the single player again.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol

play GAAS game, get fucked
I think there is room in the industry for someone to start a company that hosts all these dying games. Just a game thats hosted in perpetuity, where even if you're the only person playing - you can log in and do stuff if you want to. It's not like a server cant host multiple games. Depending on the size of the player base, could outsource some cash shop stuff to be implemented. Pay yourself/company first, then some percentage back to the original developer after the fact. Im just spitballing of course, but Im sure there are multiple ways a company could profit off of "dead games" without being a slumlord cash shop.

Just think, as the years pass, how many current games are setup as a GAAS that will be shut down. Division, Destiny, Anthem etc. - all of which can continue to be represented by their parent company, but the player logs into a separate companies servers. I just think games that are already coded for GAAS being shut down is a waste.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Similarly, I think there's room in the industry for someone to produce retro-style "main series" games.

Not just like, remastering Goldeneye and other games of that era.

I mean, say, making new Mario games in the SNES style. It's years between mainline releases now for Mario/Metroid/Zelda. Why not put out old-school entries in-between? They could crank out a new 2D Mario with the Mario World or NSMB engine every Christmas if they wanted to, with minimal money and dev resources. Or a Zelda game with the LTTP engine. Or Metroid games in the Super Metroid engine. It'd be like what some of us grew up with again, instead of the current paradigm of "game announced, wait six years".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users