General Gaming News and Discussion

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can vote now. Elden Ring is up for a lot of awards. Winners are determined by a blended vote between the voting jury (90%) and public fan voting (10%).

Well that was easy! I didn't play or like a single game in any of the categories, so didn't even have to register!

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You just don’t understand how much more their opinion matters with them being game journalist experts. Move along you bigoted peasant.

Pretty much.

In other news, Witcher 3 current-gen upgrade on December 14 and it's FREE to people who have the old version (not sure if that means digital only, or if it means regular game or Complete Edition or both). So I don't feel bad about waiting so long to get back to it now, or buying it to begin with. PS5 graphics update plus a new DLC.

All that Control fellatio had me thinking of giving it a try in the near future, and I don't much care for fist person shooters, outside of a select few games.

Thanks for the heads up, chief.

I couldn't get into Control like at all. The main character is kind of hot so it had that going for it. One of the few games in the last couple years that I was looking forward to and then just couldn't be arsed with. Along with Bayonetta 3 and Dynasty Warriors 9. Didn't even keep any of them to try again later. Bayo 3 is probably alright, but Control and DW9 just did nothing for me. Control's main problem is that the map fucking sucks, so it's a good game if you like wasting hours of your time wandering around an office building looking for something to do.

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In other news, Witcher 3 current-gen upgrade on December 14 and it's FREE to people who have the old version (not sure if that means digital only, or if it means regular game or Complete Edition or both). So I don't feel bad about waiting so long to get back to it now, or buying it to begin with. PS5 graphics update plus a new DLC.
AFAIK you just get whatever you currently own upgraded to current gen version. If you don't have the DLCs now you'll have to buy the season pass or complete edition. The new Netflix 🤮 DLC is going to be free for everyone (including the PC and Switch versions).

For people who want it on Xbox, Eneba has GOTY edition keys for like $9. I wasn't going to pick it up because it annoys me that I won't be able to do cross-save on Xbox even though the Switch version I have does go back and forth to PC (provided you're careful about what mods you load) and Cyberpunk has full cross-save for everything, but for $9 I said fuck it and got it anyway just to see what it looks like with raytracing and whatever else they've added for Series X.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

Bioshock creator Ken Levine and Take-Two Interactive are involved with the upcoming movie, which is apparently “really true” to the game.

During an interview with Collider, director Francis Lawrence explained how Netflix has given him free rein to tackle the movie as he sees fit… and that means working alongside the game’s creator.

“Basically, me and Cameron [MacConomy] who works with me, and Michael [Green] are getting to do what we want to do, which is great,” he said. “A lot of it is staying really true to the game itself, and we're talking to Take-Two [Interactive] and Ken Levine.”

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Bioshock creator Ken Levine and Take-Two Interactive are involved with the upcoming movie, which is apparently “really true” to the game.

During an interview with Collider, director Francis Lawrence explained how Netflix has given him free rein to tackle the movie as he sees fit… and that means working alongside the game’s creator.

“Basically, me and Cameron [MacConomy] who works with me, and Michael [Green] are getting to do what we want to do, which is great,” he said. “A lot of it is staying really true to the game itself, and we're talking to Take-Two [Interactive] and Ken Levine.”

I think this has the potential to be really good.

AFAIK you just get whatever you currently own upgraded to current gen version. If you don't have the DLCs now you'll have to buy the season pass or complete edition. The new Netflix 🤮 DLC is going to be free for everyone (including the PC and Switch versions).

For people who want it on Xbox, Eneba has GOTY edition keys for like $9. I wasn't going to pick it up because it annoys me that I won't be able to do cross-save on Xbox even though the Switch version I have does go back and forth to PC (provided you're careful about what mods you load) and Cyberpunk has full cross-save for everything, but for $9 I said fuck it and got it anyway just to see what it looks like with raytracing and whatever else they've added for Series X.

That works, cause I got Witcher 3 Complete Edition digitally for $19 on a sale years ago. Getting the whole thing PS5-upgraded might inspire me to start the game over and give it a real go.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn, for a second there they got my hopes up thinking that he was the VA for the main character.

Game looks interesting but Shadow Warrior always starts to bore me after a few hours (plus SW3 was easily the worst of the series) so expectations are pretty low even though it's a new setting. Also, the console optimization sounds terrible -- performance modes on XSX and PS5 are a pathetic 1080p60 rather than at least being 1440p, and XSS only does 1080p30, period. Definitely a rental, and even that's assuming the reviews don't make it sound as bad as Shadow Warrior 3 was.

spronk

FPS noob
lotta good reviews for Atari 50th collection

its not about the collection of the games but they have done an amazing job interviewing the living people around that time period - 70s and 80s mostly - and also have stuff like posters, flyers, TV ads, computer magazine ads, etc around all the generations of Atari that make for interesting video game history.

Its on every platform, and I wouldn't pay MSRP for it but maybe wishlist it and grab it when on goes on sale as a sort of neat retro history docu/collection

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Nope.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have no idea what they're going to do with a fairly obscure and limited IP like that, and I don't know if I'd consider Gearbox able to make a good game like Risk of Rain devs did, but eh it's their money I guess.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users