General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you have water with a high mineral content, like iron or mica, it is definitely not advisable to use the dishwasher.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Long ass cord, lol.

TMAC tonight

Macaulay Culkin Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

• 8Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 8 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
your mileage may vary, but I had problems getting my xbox wireless controller to work directly via PC Bluetooth and also be recognized on the Xbox Accessories app that is required to manage the controller.

after plugging in the USB dongle, zero issues.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
your mileage may vary, but I had problems getting my xbox wireless controller to work directly via PC Bluetooth and also be recognized on the Xbox Accessories app that is required to manage the controller.

after plugging in the USB dongle, zero issues.
Exact same situation here.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my pc Bluetooth worked on my control until it didn’t. Couldn’t get it going again. No problems with dongle based controllers though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have had the same Xbox 360 wired controller working flawlessly since I started using in whenever the 360 first came out. It's a beast.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh, my bad for not reading all the shit. I thought the issue was with dongles (the wired controller is two pieces, typically, with a dongle on one end) being the dongle in question, not general purpose wireless use.
:confused:

Though I will say, I have never used a wireless controller with a PC in any way/shape/form over a wired one, because the instances where I have (adapter or not) it always feels a little slow. No issues in RPGs/other non-response time intensive games, but playing any online fighting games with my PS4 controller definitely has a minor and noticeable delay. Anything that can reduce that delay would be a godsend in most cases, I imagine.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Easiest way to never have problems with wireless controllers is to buy a USB extension cable and plug the dongle (whether it's bluetooth or MS/Sony proprietary crap) into it well away from your PC and especially USB 3.0 devices, because they murder any nearby signals in the ~2.4GHz range. Been using DS4, XB1, 8bitdo, etc. controllers with my PCs via BT for years and haven't had any problems since I moved the BT dongle over by the keyboard. With a laptop, just placing it on the opposite side from where the USB 3.0 ports are is enough.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

A bit of projection here from the company leading the charge in next-gen upgrade fees, the $70 game SKU and just increase prices in a number of regions.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

A bit of projection here from the company leading the charge in next-gen upgrade fees, the $70 game SKU and just increase prices in a number of regions.

Because Xbox wasn't as competitive, proving their point!

Sony's up to 7d chess over here

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the Xbox Series X is a complete piece of shit, I have no idea why I bought it. At least it got me into Game Pass which is fantastic value on my PC.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SIE said meant to say: “Faced with weaker competition, Microsoft would be able to do everything that we do! UNFAIR!"

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Yeah the Xbox Series X is a complete piece of shit, I have no idea why I bought it. At least it got me into Game Pass which is fantastic value on my PC.
PC gamepass is free if you can manage about 5 minutes to bang a couple of brain cells together.