General Gaming News and Discussion

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

A bit of projection here from the company leading the charge in next-gen upgrade fees, the $70 game SKU and just increase prices in a number of regions.
I can't say $70 games bug me.

Amazon charges $18 to buy a digital movie that you could find in the $1 bin at target 20 fucking years ago.
And $6 to rent it for 24hours.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lmao that looks like a joke/bad photoshop but it’s real

1669260742987.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman

A bit of projection here from the company leading the charge in next-gen upgrade fees, the $70 game SKU and just increase prices in a number of regions.

Sony's logic is starting to sound a lot like russian logic : blame the other side for doing shit you're actually doing yourself. I sure hope they're taken down a peg or two.

• 4Like
  • 2Moron
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sony's logic is starting to sound a lot like russian logic : blame the other side for doing shit you're actually doing yourself. I sure hope they're taken down a peg or two.
Fuck off you braindead clown.

• 5Salty
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
You don't have enough Bing points to pay for this outrageous propaganda.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're free to be a Nazi sympathizing faggot, just don't try and sneak that shit into the gaming forum. Be a man and wade into the cesspool known as the politics subforum or keep your fucking mouth shut.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m too cheap to spend on it, but I find this cool as shit. I already have a Raspberry Pi built full of roms on a CRT for a retro experience plus my old SNES has been maintained. Still, completely superfluous, I’d almost be willing to drop money on this.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I’m too cheap to spend on it, but I find this cool as shit. I already have a Raspberry Pi built full of roms on a CRT for a retro experience plus my old SNES has been maintained. Still, completely superfluous, I’d almost be willing to drop money on this.

I picked one up a few years ago. It's pretty rad to be able to play my snes carts on a modern tv. You can jailbreak it and play most roms too. Though you need the carts for the more exotic games with a ton of extra chips.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I picked one up a few years ago. It's pretty rad to be able to play my snes carts on a modern tv. You can jailbreak it and play most roms too. Though you need the carts for the more exotic games with a ton of extra chips.
For some of the RPGs I’d probably have to solder in new batteries.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've got the Wii modded to emulate NES, SNES, Game Boy, and Genesis ROMs. Also have the PS Classic modded to play all of those plus PS1.

I find that the Wii runs the old stuff a little better than the PSC does (and the Wii Classic Controller Pro is a better controller than the PS1 controller). So generally I use the Wii for most of the 8/16 bit emulation and the PSC for PS1 emulation. I did a ton of NES/SNES/GB emulation in the 2000's, PS1 is new to me though and I've barely scratched the surface of it yet. Not sure if I ever will either because it has so many awesome classics that I missed.

Either way I totally recommend doing a modded Wii or PSC (or both). Got the PSC on sale for $20 a while back and it was the best $20 I've ever spent game-wise. Also had to buy a USB drive and a splitter cord thing so overall it was about $40.

UU.jpg

Modded PSC menu for PS1 games

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Geforce Now is a no-brainer if you want to stream pc games to a Shield. The 9.99 tier is enough for RTX at 1080p, and Portal is currently available so presumably the dlc will be added too.

Last edited: