General Gaming News and Discussion

spronk

FPS noob
its a fun meta game like interpreting tea leaves. if the score is really low, then its either a really bad game or its got something interesting like men acting like men or titties. If the score is really high, then it probably has alphabet people or is liberal propaganda. If its in the 80s, then you have to go watch game streams or listen to a reviewer you tend to agree with to get the real scoop

Midnight Suns sitting smack in the mid 80s means its probably an ok game that is bland, like Gotham Knights. Honestly I thought Midnight Suns got pushed back to 2023.

ACG is a guy I trust and he is pretty meh

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the game that most likely cost us X-Com 3.

I will never understand what possessed them to try and build a triple A game with a licensed IP and center it around a core game mechanic that thrived in casual/indy games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, after watching ACG's review I can't see it as anything but a mobile game (that looks incredibly shitty even by what passes for mobile "standards") but some retard decided to shovel it over to PC/console instead. I expected the game to suck from the moment I saw the card mechanics, but the end product looks far, far worse.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The decision to go forward with this tripe instead of sticking with X-Com is probably what caused the X-Com dev team to quit Firaxis and form their own studio.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The decision to go forward with this tripe instead of sticking with X-Com is probably what caused the X-Com dev team to quit Firaxis and form their own studio.

Did Jake Solomon quit too, or is he the one who shat out this Midnight Suns garbage? Did he end up being like Kevin Feige was to the MCU, misunderstood shittiness masquerading as awesome?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a tool. He seemed pretty down to earth in all the interviews/etc I saw of him betwen XCom 1 and XCom 2.
It says an Art Director is one of the Co-Founders of Bit Reactor, can't find any information on who the other founder is but in addition to whatever their own plans are, EA immediately tapped them for a Star Wars game so it must have been a pretty major exodus of talent.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think Midnight Suns will be a solid game to enjoy in a year, on deep discount, after a bunch of fixes/content adds.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I thought Midnight Suns was gonna be an MK-like fighting game, Marvel's answer to DC's Injustice games.

So it's a card based game?

Meeeeeh.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Looks good to me. Been years since I did a first day purchase but gone all in on Legendary edition. Big dscounts on CDKeys atm

Link is for EU version :

• 2Seriously?
  • 1WTF
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At this point I don't even blame the companies anymore. If consumers are so fucking stupid that they are willing to preorder a digital product, you have an obligation to your shareholders to take their money.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I want to see Fromsoft do one of those Marvel-like "here's everything we're releasing for the next 3 years" announcements.

They're about the only company I care about seeing something like that from (besides Square-Enix).

I'd also like to see FS wrap up their existing games that don't have DLCs and have room for them, before moving onto something new.

I'd like to see them announce:

-Elden Ring DLC (Barbarians of the Badlands), March 2023
-An actual Sekiro DLC, Late Summer 2023
-Armored Core 6, Q4 2023

-Elden Ring DLC 2 (Miquella's Dream), Summer 2024
-Demon's Souls Remake 6th Archstone DLC (Northern Reaches), Q4 2024

-Bloodborne 2, TBA 2025

ICame.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

1. Mediocre.
2. Will flat out suck
3. Remake - who cares - Can play it modded on PC with better results.
4. Will DEFINITELY GRADE A SUCK MASSIVE DICK
5. What the fuck is Wild hearts? Oh That's right a rip off of Monster hunter published by EA. Lol sure.
6. Like a Dragon Ishin - Good.
7. Octopath Traveler 2 - Depends on the game you like to play. If you liked the 1st you will like this it's just more of the same.
8. Wo Long - More like long duck dong. This will suck.
9. Jedi Survivor - Will be short as fuck. 8 hours tops. Should have been a DLC and you will find out why.
10. RE4 Remake - Again?

• 1Solidarity