General Gaming News and Discussion

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I want to see Fromsoft do one of those Marvel-like "here's everything we're releasing for the next 3 years" announcements.

They're about the only company I care about seeing something like that from (besides Square-Enix).

I'd also like to see FS wrap up their existing games that don't have DLCs and have room for them, before moving onto something new.

I'd like to see them announce:

-Elden Ring DLC (Barbarians of the Badlands), March 2023
-An actual Sekiro DLC, Late Summer 2023
-Armored Core Remake, Q4 2023

-Elden Ring DLC 2 (Miquella's Dream), Summer 2024
-Demon's Souls Remake 6th Archstone DLC (Northern Reaches), Q4 2024

-Bloodborne 2, TBA 2025

ICame.gif

I honestly wouldn't mind if we nuked every single publisher and dev house out there aside from FromSoft - take any talent in those organizations still left that haven't dyed their hair or gone mentally off the rails, sink it into a giant conglomerate - and release 4 FromSoft games every year.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it’s my Harry Potter nostalgia but I have a suspicion that Hogwarts Legacy will be at least as good as the first Horizon and worth a play. And despite being part of the problem, JK Rowling constantly shits on trans bullshit. It’s one of the few licensed popcorn games I don’t feel too bad about maybe buying on sale.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Remake, remake, remake, REmake, REMAKE.

Fuck off already.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Maybe it’s my Harry Potter nostalgia but I have a suspicion that Hogwarts Legacy will be at least as good as the first Horizon and worth a play. And despite being part of the problem, JK Rowling constantly shits on trans bullshit. It’s one of the few licensed popcorn games I don’t feel too bad about maybe buying on sale.

I would hold fast on that:

Legacy will have "trans-inclusive character creation, with body, voice, and gender ("witch/wizard") all separated." He specifically points out that "some members of the Hogwarts Legacy dev team had been pushing hard for this, uncomfortable with Rowling's position and rattled by the effects she has had on a game they've put a lot into."

There will be plenty of character interactions these developer bozo purple hairs created in the storyline because they hate Rowlings.

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

I would hold fast on that:

Legacy will have "trans-inclusive character creation, with body, voice, and gender ("witch/wizard") all separated." He specifically points out that "some members of the Hogwarts Legacy dev team had been pushing hard for this, uncomfortable with Rowling's position and rattled by the effects she has had on a game they've put a lot into."

There will be plenty of character interactions these developer bozo purple hairs created in the storyline because they hate Rowlings.
Can see how closely I follow games.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I honestly wouldn't mind if we nuked every single publisher and dev house out there aside from FromSoft - take any talent in those organizations still left that haven't dyed their hair or gone mentally off the rails, sink it into a giant conglomerate - and release 4 FromSoft games every year.

Yeah, pretty much.

Only devs I'd keep around are Fromsoft, Square-Enix, Nintendo and their subsidiaries for Mario/Metroid/Zelda, and Sega for the Yakuza series. Isshin is going to be really good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Yeah, pretty much.

Only devs I'd keep around are Fromsoft, Square-Enix, Nintendo and their subsidiaries for Mario/Metroid/Zelda, and Sega for the Yakuza series. Isshin is going to be really good.
Literally the only three devs I almost always play stuff from now. The GTA dudes and Bethesda used to be up there. I enjoyed the shit out of skyrim. And Blizzard. How the mighty have fallen.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chodenayan throwing shade at the new Fire Emblem when it isn't even out for another month and a half and he probably hasn't even played a Fire Emblem game in the first place.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Chodenayan throwing shade at the new Fire Emblem when it isn't even out for another month and a half and he probably hasn't even played a Fire Emblem game in the first place.

I tried to play Three Houses or whatever but it was 80% The Sims with 20% tactical combat, what the fuck?

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, pretty much.

There are a lot more devs that are cool, solo and small teams. Harder to keep track of all them though, I know.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried to play Three Houses or whatever but it was 80% The Sims with 20% tactical combat, what the fuck?
Intelligent Systems has struggled for the last several years to figure out just what exactly it was about Awakening that brought the franchise back from the brink. While it may not be to your personal taste, the significantly expanded cast interactions is one of the two big things that set Awakening apart from the rest of the franchise.

Otto

I'm really looking forward to Like a Dragon: Ishin. Everything else seems pretty meh in my opinion.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Hey Gavinmad Gavinmad - suck my dick.

67A1AE52-283C-4E93-B36D-3988653B472F.jpeg

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I didn't like Fire Emblem: Three Houses either. I like the old FEs. Like, the first ten, the remakes of 1 and 2 (Shadow Dragon and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) and that's about it. So the last FE game I actually liked was about 12 years ago.

The SNES and GBA ones (3 through 8) were the pinnacle for the series.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
why make new games when you can endlessly reboot good games and turn them into shit

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m ok with old games made new if they do them right. The new tactics ogre reborn is the most fun I’ve had in a game in a while. I’ve actually been motivated to do the post game content and am blown away how much there is, I didn’t realize it was this big back in the day even though it was one of my favorite games of that era.