General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Side anecdote, Story Time With Raj, feel free to skip:

When I was a kid (like 18) I worked for a gas station. 3 days a week, nothing serious, was just putting in some work to help my mom out instead of starting college. A few people at the gas station had a clique and didn't like me, so they did everything they could to bad-mouth me to the owners when I wasn't around. Since I hadn't actually DONE anything, the owners couldn't fire me, and probably didn't want to. So instead the clique put me under heavy scrutiny. Like Stalin's police chief, "show me the man and I'll show you the crime". And they STILL couldn't find anything to stick me with. They complained about me so much that the owners reduced my schedule from 3 days a week to 2 days to 1 day a week. At that point I knew something was wrong, but nobody would tell me anything. The other employees acted like everything was fine, the owners just kinda didn't want to talk to me. One guy there was kind of sympathetic to me and told me that the bad-mouthing was "nonstop" when I wasn't around and he didn't know why.

So on the week that it was reduced to 1 day, the employees that didn't like me took a bunch of stuff from the store (like $70 worth of merchandise) and put all of it on my employee credit. The owners had it set up so employees could ring up food or whatever on their employee badge # and get all of it at a small discount (like 10%). It'd come out of that week's check. So they put in my ID # and bought all this stuff as me. It ended up being more than my check for that week (remember, was down to one day a week, and minimum wage at the time was like $8). So on that week's check (the following Friday) I was going to get nothing.

This was a Thursday so I hadn't even gotten the previous week's check (the next day) which was for a whole two days or $140ish.

I went into the office and complained about the theft and how I didn't actually make any purchases, something that would be easy to prove with the transaction timestamps and looking at the station cameras. The bosses didn't even want to look into it, and told me I'd caused enough headaches for them, now I was blaming people for stuff. Then they fired me right there, and told me to sign an NDA type document promising I wouldn't bring legal action against them and agreed with my termination. I refused to sign it because it was all bullshit, and they told me they'd with-hold tomorrow's $140 check if I didn't sign it.

My mom needed that money at the time since we were the poorest we've ever been, so I reluctantly signed the paper. Stopped in and got the $140 check the next day and had a few of the employees laugh at me in this super mean-spirited way. I never got the check for the final week, it got gobbled up by their stolen goods.

This whole thing made me angrier than probably anything else in my young adult life. Like I wanted to go back and put bricks through the windows if I could get away with it. But I didn't, I took the ass-beating like a little pansy boy and sulked away.

Basically I compromised my principles for $140.

This story came back to me while reading the Mick Gordon thing. Now I'm wondering if I had a substantial lawsuit on my hands with that place (for wrongful termination, unfairly garnished wages, harassment, threatening to withold pay) and totally messed up by signing a no-sue form.

@Cad and anyone else, feel free to weigh in with how dumb I was to let them bend me over like that. Again, I was 18, and had never been treated that badly in a work environment before so I was more caught off guard than anything.
Thinking of Moms is better than fighting over any bullshit on a part time job. You were actually making the grown up choice!

Now enough adulting, more games!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Thinking of Moms is better than fighting over any bullshit on a part time job. You were actually making the grown up choice!

Now enough adulting, more games!!!

Playing Bayonetta 3 right now. Still not crazy about it, but I'm about a third of the way through the main story so at least it won't take a super long time. Definitely should have gotten Tactics instead but hey.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

played em all except Xenoblade, Stray doesn't really belong (good game but GOTY? nah) and Elden Ring easily wins for me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

played em all except Xenoblade, Stray doesn't really belong (good game but GOTY? nah) and Elden Ring easily wins for me.
Elden Ring should hands down win, but... it has some stiff competition from Ragnarok. I'm playing Ragnarok when I get good chunks of free time because I want to be super focused on it when I do play. Absolutely great game, all around. Its just from where Im at, it doesnt appear to bringing much new to the series. Thats the only one that I think the hype is unfairly biased towards just because it just released. The rest are so so, and.. Yea, Stray doesnt make sense to be on this list? At least not from my perspective. APT:R was ok, Horizons took a lot of the shit I liked away from the original and added more dumb shit. XB3.. I just dont get how its on the list either. Some serious weeb love I guess.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Xenoblade's story / villains were a step down for the franchise and does not deserve to be on the list for GOTY.

That said they did snub XBC2 from all categories before so probably some franchise outcry.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Elden Ring is the no brainer choice.

But the voting pool consisting of the non-existent gaming "journalists" could punish it for not being woke

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
voted elden ring in every category it was in, skipped every category without elden ring

this was the toughest one

1668451799751.png

arcane, cyberpunk, and cuphead are all REALLY good but I'd rewatch Arcane if I could only pick 1.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
DOTA: Dragon's Blood isn't nominated for that category? I mean no way Uncharted even deserves to be recognized as existing. Put it in that slot.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So PSVR2 preorders are starting in next couple of days, but haven’t heard shit about it in awhile. Anyone have thoughts on whether it will be worth it?

BA114ECF-8E43-4E0B-A54A-C34CA145B0D5.jpeg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So PSVR2 preorders are starting in next couple of days, but haven’t heard shit about it in awhile. Anyone have thoughts on whether it will be worth it?
It more expensive than a PS5, has no BC with PSVR games, doesn't come with a game so if you want something to play on it you have to shell out another $50 for the Horizon VR game which looks to be pretty much the only thing that's [maybe] worth getting at launch, and the charging station for the controllers isn't included either (so it's USB-C cables or yet another $50).

In short, fuck no.

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Far as I'm concerned there should be two different tiers for game awards: Elden Ring, and Everything Else.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Arcane will probably win out, even though Cyberpunk was amazing

Game awards are always about the $$$$$

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It more expensive than a PS5, has no BC with PSVR games, doesn't come with a game so if you want something to play on it you have to shell out another $50 for the Horizon VR game which looks to be pretty much the only thing that's [maybe] worth getting at launch, and the charging station for the controllers isn't included either (so it's USB-C cables or yet another $50).

In short, fuck no.
Most definitely fuck no and seriously, fuck Sony this gen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users