General Gaming News and Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
kinda bizarre since you'd need a hacked switch to import a save and if your switch is hacked you can just... edit saves. probably just basically scamming people, since afaik there is no way to import other peoples saves into normal switch games and ps5 games (there is a way with ps4 games using a paid program, save wizard)

anyways
Wasn’t HZD a good pc port? I remember people posting it as a benchmark for their 30xx cards.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
kinda bizarre since you'd need a hacked switch to import a save and if your switch is hacked you can just... edit saves. probably just basically scamming people, since afaik there is no way to import other peoples saves into normal switch games and ps5 games (there is a way with ps4 games using a paid program, save wizard)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was even doable. That's why I posted about it to begin with, then fended off a bunch of dickitude about it. I was mostly just surprised that it was even a thing because it seems like a lot of people would be doing this given how easy it'd be to sell your game saves.

If it's only people with hacked systems that can participate, that's a pretty niche market. That one guy still probably does okay if he's the only one doing it. Or it's just a scam operation of some sort.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It launched in pretty shit shape for PC but got reworked relatively fast. I think framerates doubled at one point on certain hardware.
Ahh, that's right. Now I remember waiting to buy it until those issues were sorted.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Like a Dragon: Ishin is good. Spent hours in the first major city just chopping wood and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Like a Dragon: Ishin is good. Spent hours in the first major city just chopping wood and shit.
Can do this in Sons of the Forest for half the price.

jeff goldblum checkmate GIF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I'm starting that tonight probably. Super stoked for a new "Yakuza" beat 'em up, even if I'd prefer it were an RPG like the last one.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Wasn’t HZD a good pc port? I remember people posting it as a benchmark for their 30xx cards.

Anyone that says HZD was a good PC Port is lying out their teeth, or had very low expectations going in.

It was a dogshit, terrible, awful PC port that played considerably worse than the PS4 version. After multiple patches, it became playable just fine. But on release, it was absolute dogshit awful.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
CS:Go 2 rumored to be released in the next month or so or at least beta. No official statement from Valve, but leaks coming out all over.

A few questions maybe someone can answer since I don't keep up with it anymore.

What does Source 2 bring to the table, or do we even know yet?
Was Half Life Alyx on Source 2 or something else?

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Dota 2 is on source 2.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider

A lot of things could be possible, but nothing is confirmed or official for cs. Though according to Richard Lewis, a relatively prominent figure in esports and counter-strike, has said that it's pretty much all but confirmed that the official servers will finally be swapped from 64t to 128t(only ESEA, Faceit, and some community servers operate on 128t). Planned effort for improved matchmaking, to rival ESEA and Faceit. Which I don't think are really source 2 specific, i'm not sure how that actually applies to your question. It's been quite awhile since the last Operation and there haven't really been any significant updates.

There are some other things to be addressed, like various balancing.. but most notable is the one-way smoke "issues" and the see-through smoke bug, which from my understanding is basically a byproduct of the limitations of the "older" engine.. The most overt will be a fresh coat of paint, everything looking technically better. Potentially more options for skin creators to play with.

but as far as the official source 2 feature list. Its also to be noted, I don't think Alyx has any kind of editor/modding.. and DoTA2; I don't think either.. so people will be making maps and so on for CSGO. That part i'm not 100% how it works but I think it'll be an introduction to the tools for creators??
1678140595422.png

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Really no idea where to place this but ran across DKOldies posting an unboxing and they stop on a copy of EQ Online Adventures and state they have no clue what it is but a good find. Hahaha

I really have no idea how many people even know about the game or how many ended up playing it. Seems like I remember folks sharing some good times but never really paid much attention to it

Just thought it was a funny moment some of you guys may appreciate.

DKOldies on TikTok

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users