General Gaming News and Discussion

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh please oh please oh PLEASE someone make "Watching Paint Dry: An Erotic Interactive Video Game Experience"

daredevil-ep8-staring-painting.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Oh please oh please oh PLEASE someone make "Watching Paint Dry: An Erotic Interactive Video Game Experience"

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I feel like if I start playing power washer simulator I’m really going to start deeply questioning how I’m wasting my free time.

Playing it in small doses is relaxing. If one were to sit down and try to "beat the game" then yeah I think they'd start questioning themselves before too long.

For me, sometimes I want to play something but don't want to have to think about it too much, cause I'm tired or whatever the case is. Do I get out one of my unfinished games and try to figure out where I left off? No, I usually end up just not playing anything in those situations. UNTIL NOW. Powerwash is really good for those times because it requires no brainpower and you can turn it off at will without losing any progress, whether it's 5 minutes in or 30 minutes in. Never have to try to figure out where you left off.

This and some CRPGs is all one needs for games TBH

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dude I don't have that problem because I clean each item one at a time, there's never any need to go back and find nooks and crannies I missed. I guess that confirms it then, I'm austic. Fuck.

Did you play on PC or PS5? I can't find that Midgar DLC on PS5, but I desire it.

PS5. The Midgar DLC is there for sure. There's also a Tomb Raider DLC that I haven't looked at yet. Or the main game. All I've actually played is the Midgar DLC which is kind of funny.

Don't think it's anything to do with doing or not doing physical labor. It scratches some OCD itch a lot of people have watching something that's "wrong" be made "right"

Pretty much. We can't fix the real world in any appreciable way and this game lets us feel like we're making something better.

It's particularly cool for me considering I spent 2021 battling grafitti in my hometown and learning how to get "ACAB" horseshit off of sidewalks and walls. Without a powerwash either. Protip: Don't do what I did at first. Acetone doesn't work on sidewalks AT ALL, get a dedicated Grafitti Remover spray.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I have 795 in farm sim 19 :emoji_laughing:

It is kind of relaxing, though 22 was superbroken first few months. It needs a few mods to make cotton farming work. I even let gps drive (it works just like a real tractor)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I feel like not much grass is going to be touched this summer with Zelda 2, D4, CS2, BG3, SF6, FFXVI on the to do list and the backlog that never ends. Shaping up to be a crazy good gaming year though.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, selling that as a new game is sad. Valve is bereft of creative talent.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Seananigans Seananigans Fellow Powerwash Simulator Bro, how is that going?

I played some more, and TBH I don't know how I'm ever gonna beat the game because it really is a laborious task if you're trying to. As opposed to just playing it in small doses to help you unwind, with no real goal of ever finishing it.

Have finished the first level of the main game, the Mars Rover and Train special levels, and 4 Midgar stages. Those alone took probably like 3 hours of playtime and it looks like I have dozens and dozens of stages left to go.

Finally got around to purchasing some upgrades in the shop once I had like $1100, and it seems like the upgrades only apply to the main campaign. Special levels give you predetermined loadouts. All in all it's a pretty weird game but I'm glad it exists. If anyone else gives it a try lemme know.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Dont need to create much when you own Steam and can do more or less nothing and rake in lots of money.
Even then, it's dangerous to change Counter-Strike in what is quite possibly the best state it's been via mechanics and game loop. CSGO on release is not CSGO today, Valve took over in like 2015. You also don't want to split the community that is already raking in millions in skins and there are skins worth more than 100k USD. You also run into the CS / CS:S population split which a large number of the player base was not pleased with how dramatically the game changed. It's the quasi-essential of what isn't broken, don't fix. The best explanation of the nomenclature. You had Counter-Strike in its various versions.. up to 1.6, then CZ = 1.7, CS:S = 1.8, CS:GO = 1.9, CS2 = 2.0.. and lets be real; people are just going to say Counter-Strike.

/shrug, hard to push out a fully brand-new game when you pull shit like this too. Though Brazil is cheating, they're wild. Valorant was barely half as good when they went to Brazil.

• 1Mother of God

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have 795 in farm sim 19 :emoji_laughing:

It is kind of relaxing, though 22 was superbroken first few months. It needs a few mods to make cotton farming work. I even let gps drive (it works just like a real tractor)

Is this the mod?

1679567728751.png

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
looks like Chris Avellone successfully sued those women for libel

#metoo in shambles

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah Rajaah I've just been listening to podcasts while I zone out playing powerwash. It's not so much that driving for completion is the primary goal.