Genshin Impact

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've hit a bit of a wall. Hit AR 30 yesterday, which means WL3. My problem is I'm under leveled, nobody over 40. Now everything is 40+, the mob I need to kill to ascend Barbara is now impossible, as are a few others. I got a commission where I had to chase a hot air balloon down a river and destroy it before it reaches it's destination while being attacked by level 45+ mobs. Half my party was dead and I did less than 25% damage when it poofed.
Do you have a DPS character with max weapon and artifacts with ATK% and upgraded talents?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you have a DPS character with max weapon and artifacts with ATK% and upgraded talents?
Nothing is even close to max. I've been mainly fucking around not trying to min/max things. Main party is Xiangling, Fischl, Venti, and Barbara, all at 40. Xiangling and Fischl both have level 40 crafted weapons, Venti has Stringless at 40. I have maybe 5-6 artifacts at level 8, most I've gotten are crap with atk% being pretty damn rare.

It's just annoying to be just casually fucking around then a huge, sudden jump in difficulty that I couldn't prevent.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I sort of did that to myself at AR30 too. Lesson learned, first thing to do after unlocking a new WT is farm all the ascension mats for the next one.

That said, you really shouldn't have gone the whole 25-30 tier without upgrading the main team to level 49-50. Bumping up the WT and then being two ascensions behind is a recipe for disaster.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Nothing is even close to max. I've been mainly fucking around not trying to min/max things. Main party is Xiangling, Fischl, Venti, and Barbara, all at 40. Xiangling and Fischl both have level 40 crafted weapons, Venti has Stringless at 40. I have maybe 5-6 artifacts at level 8, most I've gotten are crap with atk% being pretty damn rare.

It's just annoying to be just casually fucking around then a huge, sudden jump in difficulty that I couldn't prevent.
Leveling up your talents, upgrading your feather, then getting a hat/cup/clock with ATK% (ignore set bonuses for now) and maxxing those will decrease the difficulty immensely. I could be misremembering for lower world levels, but when I hit AR40, I had to collect the AR rewards for it to go from WL4 to WL5.

Vorph

Leveling up your talents, upgrading your feather, then getting a hat/cup/clock with ATK% (ignore set bonuses for now) and maxxing those will decrease the difficulty immensely. I could be misremembering for lower world levels, but when I hit AR40, I had to collect the AR rewards for it to go from WL4 to WL5.
I vaguely remember AR30 being weird and the bump in tier happening instantly.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I've hit a bit of a wall. Hit AR 30 yesterday, which means WL3. My problem is I'm under leveled, nobody over 40. Now everything is 40+, the mob I need to kill to ascend Barbara is now impossible, as are a few others. I got a commission where I had to chase a hot air balloon down a river and destroy it before it reaches it's destination while being attacked by level 45+ mobs. Half my party was dead and I did less than 25% damage when it poofed.

The Oceanid for Barbara mat is the hardest of the bosses imo. The fire vines boss though is extremely easy if you're using Barbara, so Xiangliang should be an easy one to ascend. Then with Xiangliang ascended the electro cube should be really easy, save her Q till you get it to split into the three balls one time, pop her E on one of them, then use her Q and go hit the other 2 and it should be insta win.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That moment when you realize the "game" of Genshin Impact is nothing more than a thin veneer covering a huge mouth wanting to gobble up your money. The game itself is just there to drive the Resin system, which is purposefully built to consume money from players who want to have a feeling of steady progression. I like everything about the "game", the art, the world, music, combat...its all really good. Yet every progression system is designed around Resin, and spending gems to keep playing for progression. Resin is there to drain available gems so most people won't save them for rolling on banners. Banners make the most money, so getting rid of free gem handouts is a priority.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you like the game? Have you spent money on it? If yes and no, then spend a day rerolling until you get a good set of characters. Tedious for sure, but it could be rewarding in the long term. Then use what you've learned to easily get back to where you are, but be in better shape.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

I'd be down to join your world in co-op and help you kill some bosses so you can get ascension materials some time. My UID is 600229189.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

I had that commission yesterday. It was a bitch and other people have complained that it was overtuned.

But yeah you it sounds like you are gonna be hurting since the world level automatically advanced on you at AR30 and can't ascend. Since you can't de-level the world bosses, I would try to get as much out of your weapons (doing the de-leveled domains) and if that doesn't get you close, try your luck with getting someone to help in co-op.

If you make it over that hump, there's a quest at AR35 to advance the world level again. I would definitely hold off on it until you get a party of 4 close to maxed out and all the immediate ascension mats farmed before pulling the trigger on another increase.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was just told that the resin system (or energy systems in all gacha games or any Asian developed game) is required by law to limit how long people can play. I can't fathom how someone can be such a fanboy/shill for any game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just hit AR30 today as well, could immediately make Fischl and Diluc level 60, and max Diluc’s prototype weapon. I’m still using slingshot on Fischl so I didn’t take it to the max ascension (1 behind now). Barb is still a level behind and her weapon is not even ascended, but I only use her to throw on her water shield and break fire shields.

Can do everything in the WL3 without any issues. Using berserker 2/4 and martial artist 2/4 on Diluc, 40% crit (is this is cap?) and 96.4% crit damage with 904 attack. Doubt it’s optimized but seems to work fine.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Is favonius warbow better than rust for Fischl?

Currently using C0 Diluc main with crafted weapon, C1 Fischl with lvl 50 Rust, C6 Barbara with the buff book, low level C4 xing for double fire bonus.

I really don't want to waste any more resources now that I am in WL3. Pretty bummed I didn't get Venti after spending all my pulls on that banner but C6 barb and Diluc is definitely a good prize.

I have no idea if I should invest heavily in the 4th character slot. I kind of want to level Ninguan or whatever her name is but earth has no synergy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rust can be good since you have C1 Fischl, but I'm thinking Favonis is better overall whether you're using Fischl as support or main dps. As dps, to make the most of her, you would want to be able to get her Ult up quickly to have Oz out all the time.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
if Fischl is main DPS, use rust, if she's support, Favonius.

I can also help people out with bosses or other stuff. UID 603994152

FYI i recommend people hit the event hard and spend your resin on it while you can since it's more efficient than Leylines for exp books and you're going to need a LOT of them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Rolled in the last few hours of the venti banner to try and get another copy... out pops a 5 star... Mona. Only my second 5* (would have rather had Diluc), but is she decent?

Vorph

From what I understand Mona is better after the bugfix, but I'd still say it's no contest. Stick with the Venti account.

Properly built Xiangling (refined Crescent Pike, mainly) is up there with Diluc for damage and Venti remains the best support in the game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mona is really strong. There are a couple issues with her that I dislike: 1) dodging, its an awkward animation and I think switching off from her after a dodge is slower than anyone else, 2) has an annoying ambient sound.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
As someone with both Venti and Mona w/ all talents unlocked - Venti is bis for just running around exploring. Mona is bis for enabling some fat damage.

Venti ult grouping up mobs is very convenient though for sure as is Mona being able to sprint through water.