Genshin Impact

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Can we get a tally of how much everyone spent so far on this free to play game? I'm curious about averages.

I don't like the idea of the game adding a kernel module to my PC that loads even when the game isn't running. It does, however, look like a very well-made game.

I've spent $35? Got the $5 pass 2x, the $10 battle pass thing (not the get 10 levels and such version) and got one $15 pack of gems.
Only 5 star I've gotten is Mona twice and Venti once. Team is Mona (1), Fishl (2), Xianying (3), Razor (0). (x) for number of constellations.

Just subbed in Razor, so he is quite gimped.

I am AR40 and other than the unlock quests, I've been mostly doing just the daily quests since AR 35ish. Since then chests are rare to see and there isn't any content to do besides grinding the same things.

Not going to spend anymore as I don't see the point in it. Until AR 30, the game keeps giving you stuff so it "appears" that you have a lot of items and can experiment with characters and such, but there is a reason they say to focus on max two characters. You can easily get a team of 4 people to 60, maybe a character or two extra to help build two teams which you need for Abyss past level 4, however once you start going to 70 your resources drain like crazy. Gold, talent books, exp books (forget to level up by "playing"). Then items needed to level up artefacts and weapons.

I'd love to perhaps change out Razor for Diluc, but even if it got him now, it'd take a ton of resin and items to level him up since I am currently out of everything and don't have anyone at level 80 yet. Team is 76, 70, 70, 70. Then I have Venti at 60 and Barbara at 60. Rest are 1-13.

You can easily play the entirety of all the actual content in the game (except Abyss) with the FTP characters + whatever you get from the free pulls. The wall of resource requirement doesn't hit until you've already done pretty much all there is to do.

I'd highly recommend it to just FTP. You don't need to pay at all to experience all the content there is. Just don't "Oh I want X character". You get what you get. You'll get a 5* gold from the amount of currency you get just by playing in the start as you level up, get chests, do quests and the likes.

Not sure what there is to "gacha" me at this point. Spend money to get characters and weapons I can't afford to level up to play non-existent content?

Question: Do the 90 prima from the $5 thing stack daily, or do you need to actually log in to get them? If I don't log in a day, do I get 180 the next day?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Can we get a tally of how much everyone spent so far on this free to play game? I'm curious about averages.

I don't like the idea of the game adding a kernel module to my PC that loads even when the game isn't running. It does, however, look like a very well-made game.
I've not spend any money, despite having no qualms about spending on mobile games now and then.

Frankly, the content behind the BotW curtain isn't worth any money by itself, and the gacha is far too greedy to consider. Down the road, at best I'd buy the blessing regularly if their updates convince me, but right now they are just fleecing unsuspecting gacha newbies.

On that note, should this thread stay in games or move to mobile? It feels misplaced to me. Sure you can play on both mobile and pc/console, but that makes the subforum choice a coin toss. And the enire under-the-hood design here is a mobile gacha, nothing more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

The game is pretty good up to about world rank 30 or so, maybe you can eeek it out to world rank 35 before you run out of shit to do. Then youre just stuck with trying to figure out what you didnt find yet and where and worse yet after you found everything youre stuck on doing a few daily tasks to progress. No thanks. But I do hope they add content to this game so I can revisit in a year or so.

Ive spent all of $12 on this game for the pass. And even then im never going to complete the pass, even to rank 30 because im pretty much done with this game for now. I got pretty lucky with my free picks as I got kaching, razor, and a few other 4 stars. Thank god I dd not spend cash as I was going to drop $100 but my debit was already canceled at the time for some other fishy shit.

Also I dont like nor support the highly predatory shit this game does to try and extract your money. This shit should be illegal IMO.

Last edited:

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Spent $0. AR 35 with main team of Diluc, c1 Fischl, c1 Barbara, and c2 Xiangling. Didn’t realize until yesterday that abyss starts splitting at level 5, so gonna need to bring up that second squad (which will be pretty slow going). I got Sucrose while hoping for Klee, so she’ll be be part of a team with my Traveler and c2 Noelle.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've spent $35? Got the $5 pass 2x, the $10 battle pass thing (not the get 10 levels and such version) and got one $15 pack of gems.
Only 5 star I've gotten is Mona twice and Venti once. Team is Mona (1), Fishl (2), Xianying (3), Razor (0). (x) for number of constellations.

Just subbed in Razor, so he is quite gimped.

I am AR40 and other than the unlock quests, I've been mostly doing just the daily quests since AR 35ish. Since then chests are rare to see and there isn't any content to do besides grinding the same things.

Not going to spend anymore as I don't see the point in it. Until AR 30, the game keeps giving you stuff so it "appears" that you have a lot of items and can experiment with characters and such, but there is a reason they say to focus on max two characters. You can easily get a team of 4 people to 60, maybe a character or two extra to help build two teams which you need for Abyss past level 4, however once you start going to 70 your resources drain like crazy. Gold, talent books, exp books (forget to level up by "playing"). Then items needed to level up artefacts and weapons.

I'd love to perhaps change out Razor for Diluc, but even if it got him now, it'd take a ton of resin and items to level him up since I am currently out of everything and don't have anyone at level 80 yet. Team is 76, 70, 70, 70. Then I have Venti at 60 and Barbara at 60. Rest are 1-13.

You can easily play the entirety of all the actual content in the game (except Abyss) with the FTP characters + whatever you get from the free pulls. The wall of resource requirement doesn't hit until you've already done pretty much all there is to do.

I'd highly recommend it to just FTP. You don't need to pay at all to experience all the content there is. Just don't "Oh I want X character". You get what you get. You'll get a 5* gold from the amount of currency you get just by playing in the start as you level up, get chests, do quests and the likes.

Not sure what there is to "gacha" me at this point. Spend money to get characters and weapons I can't afford to level up to play non-existent content?

Question: Do the 90 prima from the $5 thing stack daily, or do you need to actually log in to get them? If I don't log in a day, do I get 180 the next day?
You have to log in each day to collect the 90, if you miss a day, you're SoL.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 1.1 Preview was today (up to 8.5m viewers on the billibilli site). All the leaks seem to be true. Four new characters, new Story line for Liyue completion, new QoL items (portable cooking, teleport, air sprite thing, oculi detector, etc). New Crucible like (horde mode) event to earn a free Fischl (40 resin though). Glider event. Reputation system. They had 3 codes worth 250 gems (have to use on 1.1 release). Probably missed some other stuff, but for a first update it seems pretty good.

Trailer:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On my main account I've about $320 in total for rolls, BP, Welkin. No regrets, other than not realizing how limiting the the resin system really was in regards to leveling up characters. I also have another PC account and a PS4 account, where I've not spent anything and things are going just fine. I had far worse luck on those accounts for the free rolls at ar7 (aside from getting best waifu Jean on 2nd pc account). So if I were to advise new players, I would suggest only getting the Blessing of Welkin and the Battle Pass (but only get the BP after this current period resets, unless you want to spend money / gems on finishing it). I would also stress that its important to rush to AR20 before 1.1 comes out so you can get a free Barbara.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
November 11, release. Not bad. Will definitely jump back in when it drops. Just don't have any desire to even log in and do my dailies right now, this should pump some life into the game going into the holiday gaming season.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Ive spent about 40ish dollars. Just the battle pass, the welkin, and the first couple gem packages for the bonus gems.

My team one is keqing as main dps, xianling, barbara, and amber. Keqing does 99% of the work. Team two is fischl as main dps with geo MC supporting and venti, qiqi.

Best advice i can give thats not already been said is (1) reroll until you get a non-banner 5* on your rank 7/10 pulls, then (2) hold onto your gems and only roll on the event character banners until you get each 4*. If you happen to get a 5* along the way, great, but dont expect anything.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From the looks of it - Ive been rather unlucky with rolls except for Klee. But.. man, I am going to be a sad camper once Im out of content.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Spent $0. Made it to AR 35 and more or less had enough resources to get over that wall but definitely felt the crunch. Decided to play something else instead of logging in 2x a day to do daily commissions and keep from capping resin. Might come back in 1.1 to check it out, but not sure if I want to continue the grind when there are other great games worth my time.

In related news, I find it funny that a couple of the big whale streamers have been discussing changing course and going F2P because of obvious predatory practices. Also Upper Echelon Gaming made a couple videos shitting on the game and where it's trying to take the industry.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

$150, but I have a ton of disposable income to spend on this stuff. I don't see myself spending much more though. For point of reference, I've spent over $3,000 on path of exile.

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Spent $0. Made it to AR 35 and more or less had enough resources to get over that wall but definitely felt the crunch. Decided to play something else instead of logging in 2x a day to do daily commissions and keep from capping resin. Might come back in 1.1 to check it out, but not sure if I want to continue the grind when there are other great games worth my time.

In related news, I find it funny that a couple of the big whale streamers have been discussing changing course and going F2P because of obvious predatory practices. Also Upper Echelon Gaming made a couple videos shitting on the game and where it's trying to take the industry.

I honestly have no idea what the complaints are about these “predatory practices.” I’ve played maybe 20 different Gacha/Hero Collectors whatever pseudo genres you want and there’s no more or less different stuff here. Heck there’s about 1,000% more content since most of those just involve auto fighting on three different screens and doing 3-5 Normal/Hard/Hell mode with content obviously gated behind paywalls and a requirement of a 5* team, then add in PvP for rewards that only whales can get. Is it because it is hidden behind a mediocre marketed single player RPG? Or because it is basically Early Access still and 90% of the story doesn’t exist, but is free, and doesn’t require any investment?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just the first gacha for a lot of people. Also I think its fair to say that gachas in general are predatory. With that said I'm enjoying my C6 Klee.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

$25. I spent $5 for the 30-day blessing and $20 on the upgraded battle pass+10 levels because I was worried about not being able to cap it in time (a greatly misplaced worry).

I can see myself spending $5 every 30 days to refresh the blessing and $10 to upgrade the battle pass when the new ones come out. That should come out to around $15/mo which seems reasonable for the amount of time I spend playing it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Spent $5 for the 30 day gems, at AR 32 now and interest is fading fast. Fucking around exploring the world is the main draw for me. With things not respawning or changing in some way I'll likely stop playing once I get all my gems from the pass.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah without the exploration this dies off real quick. I have no interest grinding samey dungeons over and over again.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah without the exploration this dies off real quick. I have no interest grinding samey dungeons over and over again.
I get that the first 3 domains were supposed to be "exploration" type domains... but the fact that they didn't reuse them at all (or any of the story dungeons except the boss fights) seems misguided. Wasted dev effort for a single play through.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's just the first gacha for a lot of people. Also I think its fair to say that gachas in general are predatory. With that said I'm enjoying my C6 Klee.

If they implemented their gacha like PSO2 they would probably get even more spenders, tbh.