Genshin Impact

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
/shrug

I still play it every day

I mean, I do too. Get my dailies done, burn resin and log. 1.3 caught myself and a few friends off. I'm not sure why they didn't just roll with 1.2.1. Calling it 1.3 I think set the expectation there would be a lot more than stupid photo taking and tower defense games.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its just an event driven game atm, so nothing too exciting. It'll be awhile before a big land mass like Inazuma is released yet for players to explore.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I thought dragonspire was really well done, but honestly have no reason to go back there at all for anything. I hope the next region is an integral part of daily play and effectively triples the size of the play-space

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought dragonspire was really well done, but honestly have no reason to go back there at all for anything. I hope the next region is an integral part of daily play and effectively triples the size of the play-space
Buffs should have been permanent within dragonspire. I think the cold debuff increases too quickly, which makes adventuring way more tedious.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Buffs should have been permanent within dragonspire. I think the cold debuff increases too quickly, which makes adventuring way more tedious.

Agreed. I didn't mind it when I was actively adventuring but now its like fuck, a daily in dragonspire. Fucking great.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
There really just needs to be like one or two freely repeatable activities that reward something useable. If tower defense went core and awarded even just 1 heroes wit per win, that would help a LOT with the feeling of absolute pointlessness 10 minutes after you log in.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's a mobile game, what did you guys expect here? Everything they've done since launch is exactly how every other mobile gacha develops. A string of smaller, sometimes larger weekly events with a significant patch or update every 2-4 months, and regular character releases that you don't really need but buy anyway because you're on the hook. Strung-out, paced progression to keep the game on your daily radar.

I'm still quite enjoying it, but only for the 30-90 minutes a day that they designed it for.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's a mobile game, what did you guys expect here? Everything they've done since launch is exactly how every other mobile gacha develops. A string of smaller, sometimes larger weekly events with a significant patch or update every 2-4 months, and regular character releases that you don't really need but buy anyway because you're on the hook. Strung-out, paced progression to keep the game on your daily radar.

I'm still quite enjoying it, but only for the 30-90 minutes a day that they designed it for.
Yeah I play every day for a few minutes at least as well. I played King’s Raid with Alkorin Alkorin for a couple years and it had a similar patch/update cycle.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jesus Christ.

Finally got the wind set x4 bonus, not optimised stats or all 5* but the hat is 5* main stat Mastery which is what I wanted with an offset wind goblet.

Sucrose has gone from being a support positioning enemies to just fucking melting things. Doubled her DPS.

Going to work on Noblesse Oblige for Bennet next.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Man this game died out quick.

It's probably still pretty active, but I noped out when I saw that progression wall looking up ahead. No regerts but I can understand if someone wanted to make this their main game. There just happened to be a lot of better options that appealed to me more.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How far have you guys got with Spiral Abyss? I'm working on Floor 9 and I think I'm just playing really poorly combining different elemental effects.

On Floor 9 Stage 2 Part 2 there's a Fatui Anemoboxer that sucks you in which two Electro Hammers kill you. There's also a Cyro Gunner and frost traps. Not sure how to deal with it. Floor 9 is almost all ice shields (fire weakness) with electro shields (ice weakness) on the floor I'm stuck on.

My teams are:
80 Keqing, 80 Bennet, 80 C2 Sucrose, 70 C2 Ninguang (break shields with Bennet/Sucrose, DPS with Keqing)
80 Mona, 80 C1 Chongyun, 70 C1 Xiangling, 70 Qiqi (break shields with Xiangling, DPS with Mona or Chongyun)
I also have a 70 Beido which I'm not using.

I feel like the characters don't really work together very well, I've been using a lot of ice+water combos which doesn't really work on an ice themed floor or against large Fatui sheilds.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
How far have you guys got with Spiral Abyss? I'm working on Floor 9 and I think I'm just playing really poorly combining different elemental effects.

On Floor 9 Stage 2 Part 2 there's a Fatui Anemoboxer that sucks you in which two Electro Hammers kill you. There's also a Cyro Gunner and frost traps. Not sure how to deal with it. Floor 9 is almost all ice shields (fire weakness) with electro shields (ice weakness) on the floor I'm stuck on.

My teams are:
80 Keqing, 80 Bennet, 80 C2 Sucrose, 70 C2 Ninguang (break shields with Bennet/Sucrose, DPS with Keqing)
80 Mona, 80 C1 Chongyun, 70 C1 Xiangling, 70 Qiqi (break shields with Xiangling, DPS with Mona or Chongyun)
I also have a 70 Beido which I'm not using.

I feel like the characters don't really work together very well, I've been using a lot of ice+water combos which doesn't really work on an ice themed floor or against large Fatui sheilds.
For the fatui agents, you need to pick the highest priority target and burst him down as fast as possible, ideally before he can even activate his shield. The cryo guy can do so much damage and ice trap you, so focus him down first fast. I try to keep the electro guys at a distance while I then move on to the anemo guy. You have the cryo characters to be able to manage the electro shields with relative ease. Just try to only fight one at a time.

Your teams look pretty good, but I haven’t managed to get comfortable using a caster as my main DPS

Chris

Potato del Grande
For the fatui agents, you need to pick the highest priority target and burst him down as fast as possible, ideally before he can even activate his shield. The cryo guy can do so much damage and ice trap you, so focus him down first fast. I try to keep the electro guys at a distance while I then move on to the anemo guy. You have the cryo characters to be able to manage the electro shields with relative ease. Just try to only fight one at a time.

Your teams look pretty good, but I haven’t managed to get comfortable using a caster as my main DPS
Thanks, went for the Cyro Shooter like you said, got him to half health and somehow the Anemo Boxer accidentally died from aoe. I knew it had low health but could never get at it, I think Sucrose ult reactions is what got it.

Cleared the floor but only 4-5 stars so didn't unlock the next one.

I switched the teams around and went with Keqing/Qiqi/Xiangling/Ninguang on the first side and Chonygun/Mona/Sucrose/Bennet on the other. Qiqi and Xiangling are much better paired with Keqing.

I think I figured out that I've built too many DPS and not enough sub DPS. So I'm going to use Mona as a sub DPS to supply hydro reactions to Keqing or Chongyun. I may also use Ninguang as a support to drop some burst DPS and the activate the damage boost on shield set, similar to what Sucrose does with the resistance debuff on swirl set.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I can do floor 11 ok, but floor 12 is some bullshit. I really think you need 5 star weapons and/or GODlike artifacts to do floor 12.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I can do floor 11 ok, but floor 12 is some bullshit. I really think you need 5 star weapons and/or GODlike artifacts to do floor 12.
I can complete floor 12 but only 3-4 star between all three chambers. The hp on the mobs is ridiculously high.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got Hu Tao on the first roll of the first pull I did lol.

The previous pull I did got me Kequing on her banner so no pity mechanics. Wtf!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I got a staff of Homa after throwing about 50 wishes at the weapon banner trying to get the wolfs gravestone. Now my only two five star weapons are both pole arms and neither is best in slot for Xiao.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got a staff of Homa after throwing about 50 wishes at the weapon banner trying to get the wolfs gravestone. Now my only two five star weapons are both pole arms and neither is best in slot for Xiao.
What is BiS for Xiao? Thought it was Homa.