Genshin Impact

Chris

Potato del Grande
The quests are sheer torture though. Yes, you can "skip" the volumes of dialogue, but only after the first block of text is typed out. I feel sorry for anyone starting this game who happened to roll on the current banner for Kazuha or Heizou... it will take quite a while to get through all the Archon / Story / World quests that The Chasm is locked behind.

In my case, for my PC account, I rolled for Kazuha and Heizou, but now I have a -ton- of various quests to do just to get access to their post 40 lvl up materials. Sucks ass. The current Golden Apple event is pretty cool though, but still plagued by lots of quest text to skip through. The Dev love puzzles far too much.

Edit: I really do like Heizou though, the martial art playstyle combined with catalyst weapon is new / unique, he is just useless until I get him lvl'd up. He seems to be really flexible with team comps, pretty sure I could form a badass 4* / C6 team for him out of my roster.
Wait skip... how!? PLEASE.

Exploration and combat is great but the story is mostly insufferable.

I played at launch for 2 weeks. Diablo Immortal got me interested in trying a better gacha game so i picked this up a month and a half ago. At realm level 46 or 47 now. Getting close to 50 when my max level will go up to 90. And man the grind you need for that is intense. For people starting now there is an insane amount of content and quests to do in this game.

They do a good job with getting people hyped up with story trailers
Yeah basically you just get 8 characters/weapons to lv80, 40 artifacts to lv16 and talents to lv8 and you can clear everything.

I am going to take my Main DPS (Hu Tao) higher though probably because the other characters are just support and don't stay on the field long. Got the artifacts to lv20 and had awesome results, so talents and weapon are next, levelling to 90 may be a bit much though - I think a lot of people unlock lv90 for the buff/talents but stay at lv80.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait skip... how!? PLEASE.

Exploration and combat is great but the story is mostly insufferable.

Yeah basically you just get 8 characters/weapons to lv80, 40 artifacts to lv16 and talents to lv8 and you can clear everything.

I am going to take my Main DPS (Hu Tao) higher though probably because the other characters are just support and don't stay on the field long. Got the artifacts to lv20 and had awesome results, so talents and weapon are next, levelling to 90 may be a bit much though - I think a lot of people unlock lv90 for the buff/talents but stay at lv80.
By skip I meant just pressing "next" several times during the dialogue chain, we can't skip it altogether sadly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah im still not caught up on the Archon quests. I did finish Inazuma and the Chasm though. But the next quest is locked behind finishing a bunch of the character story quests. I also started that snow mountain place but it was a pain to do and left it unfinished. The biggest problem for new players if they roll on a current banner you have to get way further in the story to unlock the items to level the new characters up. When I restarted I rolled and got Ayaka, but could not level her up till I got to inazuma.
Yea, my PS5 account hasn't finished Liyue yet, but I used the primo it had saved up over time to make 2 multi rolls on the Kazu banner, got 2 Heizou, which I was hoping for. Now he is stuck at lvl40 (like my PC account) until I clear all current quests. Sucks.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Just got Kazuha to level 80 and started using him on my team. With him and Ayaka I can basically melt everything with nearly non stop elemental bursts. Zhongli is suppose to becoming as a rerun around 3.0. With him you can face tank everything and makes your party nearly impossible to kill. Feels good to start getting a strong meta team going.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I’ve been playing this game since release and they REALLY need to add a dialogue skip option that just gives you a 2 sentence summary. The lore / overarching story is good but god damn they use too many words.

Also more challenging content would be great, especially aspirational stuff like high reward one time only fights you gradually become able to beat as your account improves.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’ve been playing this game since release and they REALLY need to add a dialogue skip option that just gives you a 2 sentence summary. The lore / overarching story is good but god damn they use too many words.

Also more challenging content would be great, especially aspirational stuff like high reward one time only fights you gradually become able to beat as your account improves.
Some parts really reminded me of FFXIV's Urianger. But I didnt mind it all that much - I need to reinstall this on something and catch back up.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just did the Raiden quests where you can use her and holy shit, what an amazing character.

Totally soured on building Keqing now but I need a second Main DPS and I got her, Diluc and Mona to choose from as 5 stars.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
If you have xiangling / bennett / xingqiu they are a super solid team, better than keq or diluc or mona.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you have xiangling / bennett / xingqiu they are a super solid team, better than keq or diluc or mona.
I do but Xingqiu is with Hu Tao.

What I'm worried about is the second team for Spiral Abyss. I need to invest more in Kequing to get more DPS out of her but worried about wasting resources if she's so outclassed by characters like Raiden, already did a bunch of artifact farming today for her and not getting anything good.

This is what I got:
Screenshot_20220720-114445_Genshin Impact.jpg

Screenshot_20220720-114459_Genshin Impact.jpg

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Honestly I wouldn't invest too much into Keqing. I really wouldn't put much towards Qiqi either.

I would go straight national team on one side (Xiangling, Xingqiu, Bennett, Chongyun) and Hu Tao, Diluc, Mona, Sucrose on the other.

second team focuses on big swirled vaporizes, and alternating hutao and diluc when they're on cooldown with each other to build energy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Honestly I wouldn't invest too much into Keqing. I really wouldn't put much towards Qiqi either.

I would go straight national team on one side (Xiangling, Xingqiu, Bennett, Chongyun) and Hu Tao, Diluc, Mona, Sucrose on the other.

second team focuses on big swirled vaporizes, and alternating hutao and diluc when they're on cooldown with each other to build energy.
Thanks for the advice.

Qiqi is amazing, she has three ways to heal. I was using food regularly before I started using her right.

Bennet is a lot more awkward for healing and part of why my second team isn't great. I don't think I'm good enough to play without a heal every now and again.

Hu Tao cooldown is really short, by the time I've switched to another character to get an elemental reaction she's back online. Hmm maybe I could use Bennet to heal Hu Tao and use him like you decribe Diluc as a fire duo to help build energy.

Now you mention some of these things, I think I have way too much healing and sheilding on my main team and need to balance it better.

Who is the Main DPS in the Xiangling team by the way? I assume one of them will be using Chongyun's cold infusion - I normally have Chongyun do this because I have his C1 which does extra cyro damage at the end of a combo.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's a great video, thanks. I have all of those characters levelled so will give it a go.

Seems like I'm not being very precise with the order I do reactions and I need to work on that.

The prospect of using Xiangling again is hurting my soul though, her elemental skill sucks. Surely Diluc is an upgrade? EDIT: Nevermind she's c3 and c1/c2/c4 seem great.

Then I need to think about who goes with Hu Tao in the other team, Sucrose will do a great job debuffing but I feel like I need a reliable source of Cyro or Hydro application and Qiqi/Mona are not that.

How is Diona? I don't have a bow character levelled or a character who can make sheilds (eg for Primo Geovishap boss). So I just brute force stuff you need bows and sheilds for, those fucking flying robots are the worst.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have too many characters that are underlvl'd. Main thing holding me back is the sheer volume of dialogue driven quests I have to do to unlock stuff. I think I'd pay money for a FF14-like skip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have too many characters that are underlvl'd. Main thing holding me back is the sheer volume of dialogue driven quests I have to do to unlock stuff. I think I'd pay money for a FF14-like skip.
I did a quest after The Chasm (Interlude 2) where you get stuck in some kind of dream place with several characters (whom you need to have done the quests).

It was three domains long with some really cool puzzles but fucking hell, there was a novel in between each one. They really need an editor for this shit.

Same thing with the current event, what they can do with the game engine in terms of puzzles is miraculous with how smooth and lag free it is, but FUCK I do not want to read this dialouge anymore.

I did read enough to know that Fischl is not from a future German themed area, but is actually a mentally ill girl from Mondstat called Amy and Mona is only her friend to get free food so that she can spend her fortune on expensive and esoteric astrology tomes.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I've really enjoyed the Kazuha and Xinyan sections of the event, but haven't progressed further as the Mona and Fischl sections seem far too puzzle heavy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea, I've really enjoyed the Kazuha and Xinyan sections of the event, but haven't progressed further as the Mona and Fischl sections seem far too puzzle heavy.
The Fischl puzzles are fairly janky, really didn't like them. The Mona ones are quite cool but easier than most of the others imo.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
How is Diona? I don't have a bow character levelled or a character who can make sheilds (eg for Primo Geovishap boss). So I just brute force stuff you need bows and sheilds for, those fucking flying robots are the worst.

Without Ayaka or Ganyu comps (or freeze in general) not going to see a lot of value in Diona. She is very convenient though as a noblesse using healer and shielder. Super comfy.

You could consider a taser comp too with Beidou/Sucrose/Fischl/Mona. And as Elidib said you can't go wrong with national. This also leaves your Hu Tao not being used. (I would replace the Hu Tao comp with the Taser and keep national...see below)

My only dislike of using the Hu Tao + Diluc comp is that is a lot of farming for artifacts that are just not that useful in long run / other comps. (Crimson Witch)

Benefit of taser is it lets you no brain farm EOSF as it is a majority of what you will need.

You are going to want to LIVE in the Emblem of Severed Fate domain for awhile... (Which is not bad, it is probably the best general set to farm)

Xiangling (A good Crimson Witch set works as well but at that point you may as well make a Hu Tao carry team)
Xinqiu
Beidou
Mona
Chongyun
Bennett (Prob should Noblesse usually)

You can convert non-used artifacts into Noblesse boxes for whomever you use. (Likely Bennett and Mona?)

Fischl would just take any 18% ATK sets you can get from boss kills or just strong artifacts and go for 18% on one set. Or could be a ToTM buffer and that set is worth getting eventually.

Sucrose will need VV.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not using Hu Tao is madness, her DPS is great with zero support and insane with support. I just need a way to have Xingqiu not be her support to free him up for the Chinese team.

I levelled Diona and she is really gimpy so far, characters started dying against open world Fatui Witches without Qiqi's uber heals and the freeze application seems bad. She needs weapon levelling up and better artifacts though.

I have one set of most artifacts levelled to around 12 and a very good Crimson Witch of Flames at 20. Sounds like I need a second Crimson Witch for Xiangling and a second Noblesse Oblige for Diona (Bennet has the one I have).

Thinking about having Hu Tao with Qiqi, Diona and Sucrose. Sucrose can swirl fire at the end of Hu Tao's rotation and proc all her stuff including VV, then get cryo application from Qiqi Elemental Skill/Diona Burst before going in for another Hu Tao rotation.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I still think you're insanely sleeping on Mona. Build her right and not only does she consistently provide vaporize for Hu Tao, but you can make good use of her own Ult that does crazy amounts of damage.

You don't need healing if you run (and get good at) pure burn comps, other than shit that does corrosion, but if you're facing a corrosion level in spiral, you have to build specifically for that level anyway 99% of the time.