Genshin Impact

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Since I had already invested in Xiangling earlier and have her at c4 thanks to dupes I may go ahead and forge the spear and do the R1, move her to primary DPS of group 2 and switch around group 1.

Group 1 would be: Razor (DPS), Fischl, Chong, Qiqi
Group2 would be: Xiangling, Amber, Venti, Barb

I like Venti swirl with Pyro it seems. That would prevent me from having to start over investing in Diluc who I pulled last week and doing more mat farming, exp book farming. Amber isn't heavily invested in though, just 3* I believe and no talents. Also have Bennett sitting out there with Diluc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why would you invest in Amber when you have Bennett and Diluc though? Doesn't sound like you'd be cutting much losses to bench her in favor of much better dps and/or support.

Vorph

No banner at the moment, IIRC the Klee one starts sometime tomorrow.

There is a daily login event, but it's 7 days of rewards over 14 days total, so not the end of the world if you don't get it today.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Klee banner tomorrow. There's just the little trial character event that comes with it I think.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Why would you invest in Amber when you have Bennett and Diluc though? Doesn't sound like you'd be cutting much losses to bench her in favor of much better dps and/or support.

Yeah, guess I was just saying that I wouldn't invest any more in Amber at this time, until such that I could get Diluc or Bennett up. Which gets me in to looking who is a better Support between those two for Pyro. Just looking quickly at talents Bennett's ult seems like it has more utility with the AoE Heal / ATK+ Field, plus he is already at c1. May look in to that since you're checking my work. Makes sense. Would also keep me from having to manage two Bow upgrades between Fischl and Amber for stats.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Bennet will do you more good than Amber even if you had her at last ascension. He's a solid enabler/support.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I can’t remember off the top of my head if this is an ascension unlocked skill or constellation, but Fischl’s OP strength is in combing her elemental skill with any reaction (I use water). It triggers a large % of Fischls ATK as secondary damage EACH time the reaction procs. So Barbara’s quick atk spd combined with Oz means huge burst damage.

Vorph

Yeah, guess I was just saying that I wouldn't invest any more in Amber at this time, until such that I could get Diluc or Bennett up. Which gets me in to looking who is a better Support between those two for Pyro. Just looking quickly at talents Bennett's ult seems like it has more utility with the AoE Heal / ATK+ Field, plus he is already at c1. May look in to that since you're checking my work. Makes sense. Would also keep me from having to manage two Bow upgrades between Fischl and Amber for stats.
I have pretty much the same problem. Diluc and Xiangling have significant investment, including Prototype Aminus that's one short of max refine and Crescent Pike that I've put one dupe into. I have Bennett too though, and his support abilities seem really nice. Plus I have a Lion's Roar and a dupe for refining; it's not the greatest sword, but it's solid for him especially as support.

Currently I use Diluc as main dps, and Xiangling for her bear+ult and for when I get to the point where everything is on cooldown and only physical attacks are left because with Crescent Pike I believe she does better with normal/charged attacks than Diluc. Would Bennett be better though? I just don't know, and investing a lot of resources in the wrong character could be disastrous the way the game works.

Biggest dilemma right now though is whether to buy Razor or hold onto those 34 gems in the hope that whatever replaces him next month will be better suited to my abyss team 2.

Edit: I'd really like to run team 1 as Diluc/Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara and team 2 as Ningguang/Traveler-Geo/Venti/______. Mainly because Ningguang just looks fun to play, but also because I believe that even though everyone [correctly] says that the traveler is lackluster that's going to change once more regions get released and she picks up the ability to swap to more and more elements. I don't see her ever being the best at any of them, but the sheer convenience has got to be worth leveling her up.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ah think I gave the wrong impression... I have both Mona and Venti on the same account. C0, but still. Main team is Barbara, Xiangling, Kaeya, and Venti. I'm more of a fan of claymores so I sub out Kaeya for Razor pretty consistently, and will likely move Barbara for Mona unless I need healing.

Vorph

Ah think I gave the wrong impression... I have both Mona and Venti on the same account. C0, but still. Main team is Barbara, Xiangling, Kaeya, and Venti. I'm more of a fan of claymores so I sub out Kaeya for Razor pretty consistently, and will likely move Barbara for Mona unless I need healing.
Ah, I see now that I misread "rolled" as "rerolled".

Do you not have Fischl even after all the rolling? I would have suggested Mona/Xiang/Fischl/Venti as an ideal party but I don't see you mentioning her.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The traveler is really good, but keep in mind how much you need to invest to cap. Basically if it follows each element type you'll be investing 7 characters worth of materials as far as I'm aware. So while you'll have a jack of all trades you could build an entire team instead.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Next actual Region to be released will be Electro, so MC will get that element. Upgrading Talents is where the MC can soak up resources.

Edit: Klee banner starts sometime tomorrow, not sure where exactly, either our reset time or later in the day. One thing to be aware of is the Xingqui and Sucrose both have really good crafting passives. Xingqui can save resources for Talent books, and Sucrose can double the output for Weapon materials. I might throw enough into the pot for a pity (the 56 I had left over on Venti will carry over) just in hopes of getting dupes of Sucrose.

Vorph

The traveler is really good, but keep in mind how much you need to invest to cap. Basically if it follows each element type you'll be investing 7 characters worth of materials as far as I'm aware. So while you'll have a jack of all trades you could build an entire team instead.
You need seven characters worth of talent books, which is a downside since talent books are easily the worst return you get from spending resin. Assuming you pick a generic sword and at least 4 of 5 artifacts are general-purpose, there's still far less investment than 7 separate characters. You do have to spend sigils to max out constellations, but I see that as a hugely positive thing since sigils quickly become only good for mora conversion and every other character requires a massive investment (likely including a large chunk of real money) to get to C6.

Edit: Have they confirmed Dragonspire as being electro? I couldn't find any talk about its element on reddit.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the talents are the worst offender out of all resources. It's 9 blue per each upgrade currently for me and I think read it's something like 194 golden books to max. There is zero chance I'd be willing to do that for one character multiple times vs building multiple characters.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Maybe this has already been said (I haven't followed the thread too closely), but this game would be great if the monetization wasn't god awful. There should be a continuous, daily, login bonus and have "events" that run 7-14 days. No continuous login is trash. I enjoy the gameplay loop for the most part and the future content is intriguing, but holy shit does it cost a lot just to try and get 1 copy of a character.

Maybe I was just spoiled on Seven Deadly Sins in which you could get a whole lot of value with little money investment. Genshin just seems predatory.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I don't even care about the monetization.

You are literally gated in every single aspect of character improvement with how they close off all of the things that could be the end game loop.

Instead of letting people play and grind with minimal rewards you become relegated to 30 mins a day tops if you aren't doing resin refills. I do a mat/mining loop twice a week and I have an overabundance of those materials already and that is 2 hours of gameplay.

If I could work on my character(s) in some meaningful way then getting new characters or weapons would feel good and dropping $50-100 bucks on a new banner would be fine with me even at current prices.

I can't tell if they are trying to see what they can get away with in our market (chinese market is raging since apparently other gacha games aren't this bad) and then tone it down later or if they are trying to keep the majority of people from hitting the wall before the next content patch comes out.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Most gachas start pretty generous and then ramp up their prices. Gonna be a fun ride.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You need seven characters worth of talent books, which is a downside since talent books are easily the worst return you get from spending resin. Assuming you pick a generic sword and at least 4 of 5 artifacts are general-purpose, there's still far less investment than 7 separate characters. You do have to spend sigils to max out constellations, but I see that as a hugely positive thing since sigils quickly become only good for mora conversion and every other character requires a massive investment (likely including a large chunk of real money) to get to C6.

Edit: Have they confirmed Dragonspire as being electro? I couldn't find any talk about its element on reddit.
Dragonspine is just a small sub region, probably the big snowy mountain between Mondstadt and Liyue. The actual region, Inazuma will be in Feb, I suppose. The wording used in v1.1 says "region" but calls it Dragonspine, while the preview video showing all the upcoming regions in order of release has Inazuma being the next (no mention of Dragonspine), so I think its coming in February.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think the resin system is going to be changed in any meaningful way, it will get tweaked a bit, but the game is built around it. Its there to consume the free primogems ppl get on refreshes so they don't have any for banners (unless they resist the urge to refresh for a bit more progress). The only changes to the resin system I've read via "leaks" and a dev Q&A were the ability to store resin to use at another time, and being able to spend double the amount for double the rewards.